Are we the most failed club.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

View attachment 15920

Sorry to bring this one out of the folder again but it's so appropriate recently
That photo could be a caption competition.

'I know Scott, did you see his face when we told him no one had bothered calling Fulham back? Then that fat idiot went on RS and made a right cock of himself'.

Remember how we'd occasionally sing "you're shit and you know you are" to away fans. Well now, that's us that is.

Might be our main song for a while. Just after the Greasy Chip Butty song imagine if we all sang

"We're shit....and we know we are.
We're shit.....and we know
we are"

To the Go West tune by the Pet Shop Boys.

Yes but they bounced back, we always jump into quick sand. They used their lowest ebb as a spring board to better things.
Agree on that - Stoke have had 3 brief drops into the 3rd tier, but never as long as our current one and never down to the 4th.

Wimbledon ffs what history do they have? Formed same year as us but amature until 60's

Portsmouth formed early 20th century, 2 league one winners and 2 FA cups.
Vs our one league champions and 4 FA cups. So a contender!

Although even Portsmouth won the FA Cup as recently as 2008 before their spectacular decline.

We are the masters of fucking the play-offs up regardless of who is manager.

The only team I can think of is Huddersfield, who were a force in the 1920's with 3 straight titles and 3 runners up and an FA Cup win. Sod all since then and haven't graced the top flight of English football since 1972.

They have, however, been successful in play-off finals on 3 occasions.

They also spent 11 seasons in the third tier or lower from 2001 to 2012 (when of course they beat us in the play-off final).

The only team I can think of is Huddersfield, who were a force in the 1920's with 3 straight titles and 3 runners up and an FA Cup win. Sod all since then and haven't graced the top flight of English football since 1972.

They have, however, been successful in play-off finals on 3 occasions.

They also spent 11 seasons in the third tier or lower from 2001 to 2012 (when of course they beat us in the play-off final).

That's a good shout. Biggest difference is I think fanbase. Saying that I'm not sure what crowds they used to command in their heyday. Also if we'd had their history since the 20's what would we be getting?

Not that ours is anything g to shout about...

We're not that bad.

Notts County haven't won anything for 122 years.
Anglo Italian Cup in 1995. Three future Blades in the photo plus one ex-Blade. Who are they?

anglo-64080-2337637_478x359.jpg

We might yet achieve a new first... The first former Champions of England to be relegated out of the Football League.

That's a good shout. Biggest difference is I think fanbase. Saying that I'm not sure what crowds they used to command in their heyday. Also if we'd had their history since the 20's what would we be getting?

Not that ours is anything g to shout about...

On 27 February 1932 the club achieved a record attendance of 67,037 during their FA Cup 6th round tie against Arsenal at Leeds Road. This attendance has been bettered by only 13 other clubs in the history of the Football League.

So I'm guessing decent crowds too pre-war.

.......in current history of football?

Apart from Blackpool who have a strong history we must be the club that has fallen further than any other in the history of football and we are still in reverse. I'm no football historian or statto, are there any other clubs who have fallen further from grace than us?

I'd say so. Considering all the clubs that have won cups, been in finals ,qualified for Europe etc, eg Oxford United, Luton, Swindon, Wimbledon, Fulham, Bolton, Blackburn, Blackpool on and on

We're awash in a sea of self loathing.
Don't think many Blades could handle a successful team at BDTBL, because many fans wear our obvious persecution complex like a fucking comfort blanket.

We're awash in a sea of self loathing.
Don't think many Blades could handle a successful team at BDTBL, because many fans wear our obvious persecution complex like a fucking comfort blanket.

Which is bollocks, of course. Unless you are actually enjoying being bummed by Bury at home and languishing in the third division?

pommpey

Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more. . . Close the wall up with our English dead.

Back
Top Bottom