Are there any teams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have nothing to fear except fear its self

And Billy getting injured

And eel getting recalled

And a championship team poaching wilder

Apart from that just fear itself

And fleck getting sold

Billy doesn't have huge problems with injuries in past no need to worry

EEL won't get recalled unless Wolves get a new manager

Wilder won't leave us even if England came calling

Wilder won't let fleck get sold

So nothing to worry about

He'd leave for a team with a shot at the Premiership. I've no doubt.

These are professionals not fans. Warnock the same.

I'd agree with you in the case of 99% of managers but not Wilder.

Like it it not, he's different.

And I always thought Warnock played on the Blade thing rather than actually being a serious fan, again I think it's different with Wilder.

Billy doesn't have huge problems with injuries in past no need to worry

Billy used to have a problem with his hamstrings when he was younger and I think he adapted his game slightly because of it, and maybe it cost him a bit of pace.

Yesterday though he was running around like a young-un, stretching out his legs and he seemed quicker.

Frankly, I'm worried. :eek: ;)

The only team we need to fear are the team of number crunchers in the boardroom come January time
While we will all be thinking "bring two or three in and up we go " they will be thinking "we're playing well must be someone to cash in on "

Yeh it would be typical but being seriously.

I can't remember us selling 1 player in the Jan transfer window.

I remember us paying over a million for a fullback tho and generally spending money, apart from last season but I think the board lost trust in Adkins due to much of the budget going on Hammond and him being so poor.

I have it on good authority the board will do whatever it takes to get promotion (within reason of course).
There's more chance of us strengthening in January not weakened.

Yeh it would be typical but being seriously.

I can't remember us selling 1 player in the Jan transfer window.

I remember us paying over a million for a fullback tho and generally spending money, apart from last season but I think the board lost trust in Adkins due to much of the budget going on Hammond and him being so poor.

I have it on good authority the board will do whatever it takes to get promotion (within reason of course).
There's more chance of us strengthening in January not weakened.

You can't remember us selling one player in the January transfer window?

We've arguably got our hardest games of the season out of the way...
Really hope we can beat MK Plastics as they are on a dreadful run and we owe them after they beat us 1-0 at the Lane in 2014 in the most dirty and cynical performance I've seen from a visiting side. That dirty f*cker, Baker, no longer plays for them though. Remember he nearly broke Harris' leg that night with a f*cking awful challenge.

The MK Dons match could be much tougher than what people think.

Their away record is better than ours

Played 7 won 4 drawn 1 lost 2, it's their home record that so poor.

Also the thing with MKD this season is that they've generally played well, had the possession and created chances.
Robinson has been convinced that they'll Turn it around and be in promotion contention but they seem mentally fragile, conceding loads of late goals and even KR now seems to be losing belief.

Their home game yesterday was their worse performance of the season ans it looks like he's offered his resignation or knows he's a whisker away from getting the sack.

Give me some names then.
I'll give you John Brayford bought for over 1 million in the Jan transfer window.

Can't think of anyone decent since Blackman tbf. Maybe we learnt from that? I think the board are fairly comfortable with our wage bill this season, with the cuts we've made and the sales that have brought money in.
I don't think we're that desperate this season for cash and I'm not convinced we've got anyone who we could sell for big money anyway.
I suppose the worst that could happen is losing Coutts if a championship club comes in for him and he won't sign a new contract. I think he'd be the hardest to replace. But I'm sure CW has already considered this and is working out what he'll do if it happens.

Give me some names then.
I'll give you John Brayford bought for over 1 million in the Jan transfer window.
What does it matter if it's January or August ?

Are you saying our board don't sell our best players ?

This.
While you're right, some of our major sell offs haven't always been in Januaries since the likes of Beattie, Blackman and to a lesser extent Slew, only the blindest of club employees could claim with a straight face that our habit of selling off key players hadn't stopped us from progressing.

The only team we need to fear are the team of number crunchers in the boardroom come January time
While we will all be thinking "bring two or three in and up we go " they will be thinking "we're playing well must be someone to cash in on "
'Morning Mr McCabe.' :)

'Good Morning Chris! I'm really pleased with the way things are going, we seem to have acquired some genuine quality in the squad'. :)

'Yes Mr McCabe'. :)

'Call me Kevin'. :)

'Yes Kevin'. :)

'Erm Chris....' :rolleyes:

'Yes Kev'. :)

'Kevin! :mad:

'Yes Kevin'. :(

'I've just been going through the books with Dave and our Simon. It seems the squads now half the size of our previous manager's and the wage bill's under control'. :)

'Yes Kev..erm Kevin'. :)

'Well; almost'. ;)

'Almost Kevin?' :eek:

'Almost Chris, the boy Sharp...' :)

'But he's our club captain, our top goal scorer and our fans' favourite Kevin. Every club in our league and half the Championship would snatch our hands off to sign him!' :eek:

'Exactly Chris'. :)

'Kevin'. :)

'Chris'. :)

'Billy is going nowhere. Close the door on you way out! OK Kev?' :D;)

'Yes Mr Wilder'. :(

'Morning Mr McCabe.' :)

'Good Morning Chris! I'm really pleased with the way things are going, we seem to have acquired some genuine quality in the squad'. :)

'Yes Mr McCabe'. :)

'Call me Kevin'. :)

'Yes Kevin'. :)

'Erm Chris....' :rolleyes:

'Yes Kev'. :)

'Kevin! :mad:

'Yes Kevin'. :(

'I've just been going through the books with Dave and our Simon. It seems the squads now half the size of our previous manager's and the wage bill's under control'. :)

'Yes Kev..erm Kevin'. :)

'Well; almost'. ;)

'Almost Kevin?' :eek:

'Almost Chris, the boy Sharp...' :)

'But he's our club captain, our top goal scorer and our fans' favourite Kevin. Every club in our league and half the Championship would snatch our hands off to sign him!' :eek:

'Exactly Chris'. :)

'Kevin'. :)

'Chris'. :)

'Billy is going nowhere. Close the door on you way out! OK Kev?' :D;)

'Yes Mr Wilder'. :(
Or alternatively

"I've just sold billy sharp "
Oh

I dont think there has been anybody to fear for the last 2/3 seasons, problem was we were not good enough to exploit it, imagine this current squad over the previous 2 seasons, record points haul? Possibly, automatic? Probably, promotion? Definitely.

If we can maintain this style and standards we have set now ,few if any team can Live with us .We had Bradford on the ropes a few times yesterday but somehow riddled free credit to them for that.Even more to come from this squad Wilder sure is a demanding manager. ,He knows we can get better
Duffy and Lafferty were poor in the 2nd half yesterday he will be on there case I'm sure.Still a great game to watch overall,keep it up Blades.

Back
Top Bottom