April 2019

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Vicar

Reaction score
April 27th 2019 we beat Ipswich 2 - 0, we got promoted & they were relegated, & they were poor.

5 years later, we are relegated from the PL for the 2nd time, & we are worse than poor, & they are going up, & good luck to them.

No doubt 5 years ago their supporters were as depressed as we feel today, & have felt for most of the season. Now 2 promotions in 2 seasons sees the return to the PL for the first time in 22 years.

Whilst 5 years can seem like a long time, its only wading through the rubbish, that the good times shine so much brighter. The wins at Northampton in LG1 & against Ipswich & WBA in the Championship were brilliant, & stick long in the memory. As do winning against Cardiff 5 - 1, sat in the cricket pavilion on a cool Tuesday night with my late father [RIP} aged 9, & the victory against Watford 3 - 0 on the following Saturday to clinch promotion, & in the same season winning the derby at the lane 3 - 2, with John Tudor putting the ball through Grummit's legs for the winner. They were great occasions.

It has been garbage this season, but when things get better we will quickly forget it.

Good luck Ipswich, but I think we are likely to be playing you in the following season, that is unless there is worse to come for us.

UTB

Good luck Ipswich, but I think we are likely to be playing you in the following season, that is unless there is worse to come for us.

UTB

That confident we are going to stay up are you?

Back
Top Bottom