Outgoing? Anel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Epitomised everything that was wrong with us this season.
Appalling performances and an even worse attitude.
Embarrassing that he was made Captain.

The red card looked intentional at the weekend. Summed him up. A bad egg and a poor PL player.

I wasn't impressed by his dumb homophobic stance earlier in the season either.

Funny old game isn't it? Absolutely class at Championship level for us and I thank him greatly for his contributions to a vital promotion.

Seems to have got a bit too big for his boots along with his mouthy father.

Shame it didn't work out, but to put it nicely, thanks for everything you grumpy tart.

A premier league, international centre back.
Why wouldn't the fee be that high?

He didn't exactly prove himself to be a PL centre back and the standard of the Bosnian national team is likely lower end Championship (at best).

That being said, he did excel in the second tier and isn't a bad age. So I would expect offers over £12m at least.

A good profit margin if he goes for that price even if you take away some money for the sell on clause.

The way he's handled adversity and downed tools whenever things weren't going well was really disappointing and doesn't reflect well on his character. He does come across a bit as entitled and I'm sure he always saw Sheffield United as a stepping stone.

To be fair though, I think he had moments this year where he looked like he has the tools to be a Premier League level defender. He clearly has talent. And I'm sure there are scouts and managers out there who think there's something they can work with.

Players don’t turn shit overnight. There’s always reasons or circumstances.

Frankly Anel hasn’t wanted to be here all season, my guess is the bid we allegedly turned down was one he’d have liked accepting.

Then played in a ill prepared and frankly awful team all season, in a rubbish defensive unit (one he’s contributed to), where confidence is on the ground and a likely shocking atmosphere amongst the team.

I’m sure that with a change of scenery, will do him the world of good.

Thankfully other teams scouting departments won’t take a reductive view of him being an over rated fraud and shit. Probably look at his performances over a longer time frame and believe he’ll thrive in a new system. He’s clearly got talent.

£17m sounds a bit punchy, but I’d certainly say £10m plus and a good profit is very realistic.

Funny old game isn't it? Absolutely class at Championship level for us and I thank him greatly for his contributions to a vital promotion.

Seems to have got a bit too big for his boots along with his mouthy father.

Shame it didn't work out, but to put it nicely, thanks for everything you grumpy tart.
Aye
Although @ 17m I’d suggest it’s worked out very well for all parties

We won't get that, but we should make a decent profit. He was excellent last season, but doesn't seem like he wants to be here anymore. He probably saw our best players being sold, saw the quality of the new signings and thought "fuck this".

He could well be this year’s Berge as in we spend all the window expecting him to leave and then maybe he doesn’t.

The way he's handled adversity and downed tools whenever things weren't going well was really disappointing and doesn't reflect well on his character. He does come across a bit as entitled and I'm sure he always saw Sheffield United as a stepping stone.

To be fair though, I think he had moments this year where he looked like he has the tools to be a Premier League level defender. He clearly has talent. And I'm sure there are scouts and managers out there who think there's something they can work with.

Agree. the fact that Jack Robinson has been our outstanding defender this season tells you all you need to know about how poor our rear guard has been. Stick Anel in a West Ham, Brighton, Palace, Bournemouth side and he would look a different player.

Agree. the fact that Jack Robinson has been our outstanding defender this season tells you all you need to know about how poor our rear guard has been. Stick Anel in a West Ham, Brighton, Palace, Bournemouth side and he would look a different player.
£17m please!

Personally, I think Anel Ahmedhozic is a great, quality defender who has been severely let down by our team. Any club that buys him would be extremely fortunate to have his services, with his fearless dedication is what endears him to the fans.
Nice to finally meet you Anel's Dad!

He’s had a few decent games but has been poor this season so no sad loss for me wish him well

The whole squad have struggled, due to lack of proper investment in that squad depth.

That said, as grim as it's been, you can tell a lot from how a player handles such adversity and challenge. Downing tools or looking disinterested isn't a good look.

You can also tell how much of a leader a player is, in those circumstances and it's been clear that Anel needed to look to others around him to lead, or to shoulder responsibility. He's a technically gifted footballer, but he's not a leader.

He could well be this year’s Berge as in we spend all the window expecting him to leave and then maybe he doesn’t.

I didn't mind that with Berge, cos at least he didn't throw his toys out of the pram and was capable of winning us games. Anel just doesn't want to be here which reflects in his performances

Loved him last season. This, too often the heart the size of a pea. If we get 17 big ones get the party streamers out.

Be a right result if we get that much for him!!!! Gerrim out!

It's not all about talent and ability because if you're being paid circa £30k a week you should be running through a brick wall for the cause.

Any player who downs tools when the going gets tough is shafting his team mates and the fans who actually work a proper job.

Can't wait for him to fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom