Am i allowed to say we did alright tonight?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm hoping that Hamer and Traore might be the "magic"

Great that Hamer showed that we are capable of bits of magic then.

I do hope so. My worry is that Palace and Forest are likely to be as good a chance of a win as we’ll get. If we’re to survive, we need at least 9 wins from the next 36 games. Probably 12 of those can be realistically written off, so really we need to target 9 wins from 24 key remaining matches. This is why the fine margins really matter in this league.

was light years better than Palace match, we just ran out of steam simple as.

The positives were easy to see..

Hamer/ Souza/ Bene - all were good

Folk thinking McB better than Osula , completely wrong he was good, stick with him , he can run and was strong.

Osborn, Norwood, Anel all decent.

Expected to get pasted, didn't carried it to them second half- and they were shitting it.
It's all positive. Just a shame we have some team called Man City next and not Luton.

Play like that and we’ll be hard to beat. Thought Forest were lucky in the end
We won't be hard to beat giving premier League players 10 yards unchallenged to pick out crosses, remember this is a forest player crossing to a forest sub and they score, think arsenal, city, man u , Newcastle, Liverpool, spurs, west ham, Chelsea, Brentford first team player unchallenged picking out a striker , can't wait

We won't be hard to beat giving premier League players 10 yards unchallenged to pick out crosses, remember this is a forest player crossing to a forest sub and they score, think arsenal, city, man u , Newcastle, Liverpool, spurs, west ham, Chelsea, Brentford first team player unchallenged picking out a striker , can't wait
Yes two real chances and they took them

On the other hand, we need to take chances when we’re on top. Traore should’ve done better

Traore should have scored , but he made keeper save it, it was a long ball that was an error from forest, their 2 goals were unchallenged crosses into the box, if we continue to allow that we will concede every week and 5-6 against the better teams

I think it's as good as we could have played given the lack of fitness, time together and options. It's really frustrating that the first two have come against two winnable sides and we are nowhere near ready. It's not over, obviously, but it's so difficult to build a team as you go, get them to gel and to get results in The Premier League. Weirdly our inspiration might be Forest last season. They had more options, more money and better players but they still had to build a side when the season was ongoing. Somehow they survived after a terrible start.

It was a real challenge to stay up anyway but throwing away the first month of the season has really made things much, much harder than it needed to be.

We made mistakes with their goals but overall i reckon we played some good stuff. A shame we had to make subs for the lads who went off with cramp as i'm sure we had a great chance to win the game and it upset our rhythm.
We will be fine.
4th worst team in PL. If we don’t get something here we won’t. Awful.

We were loads better. Actually had a midfield and had some fight. I still don’t see where we are regularly creating chances to score goals from.

A striker changes naff all either.

We were loads better. Actually had a midfield and had some fight. I still don’t see where we are regularly creating chances to score goals from.

A striker changes naff all either.
Did we not show fight today?

That was one of the continuous themes of the commentary that we were battling well, doing the manager proud and it could have gone either way.

It came down to Traore missing his chance after a far greater error than letting Wood escape and then Wood clinically taking his.

Did we not show fight today?

That was one of the continuous themes of the commentary that we were battling well, doing the manager proud and it could have gone either way.

It came down to Traore missing his chance after a far greater error than letting Wood escape and then Wood clinically taking his.
Yes. That’s what I just said.

Let’s also consider we had 3 kids on the pitch and as a result we were playing very deep with no outlet really 8 against 11 abd getting stretched inevitable that we would struggle to hang on
The issue is we should not be having to bring on kids for kids at this elite level

Traore should have scored , but he made keeper save it, it was a long ball that was an error from forest, their 2 goals were unchallenged crosses into the box, if we continue to allow that we will concede every week and 5-6 against the better teams
And the opposite is also true. Tighten up at the back, and finish some of those chances and we win.

I do hope so. My worry is that Palace and Forest are likely to be as good a chance of a win as we’ll get. If we’re to survive, we need at least 9 wins from the next 36 games. Probably 12 of those can be realistically written off, so really we need to target 9 wins from 24 key remaining matches. This is why the fine margins really matter in this league.
you are right we should have been ready for the fight from day one.We can not afford to let these so called easier matches go by while we get our selves ready .These clubs Palace and Forest are the games we should be picking points up from because when we are READY we will be playing Man city and other big clubs and no matter how ready we are we wont do alot against them .

Say it quietly, but Norwood playing with Souza and Hamer looks like a pretty tidy midfield. Thought we controlled the midfield pretty well after 15 mins until Souza went off.
yes Souza looks really good . Hope he is not to good otherwise he will be off next year .

I just hope we’re going to go at teams like tonight. Close them down, nick it back, retain the ball and be good in possession. Tonight was a decent performance, lots of positives and makes me optimistic for the rest of the season.

That said, I don’t really like the PL, I wouldn’t be arsed if we do go down. We don’t have the resources to be top four and as a supporter, being a Yo Yo team has got to be a better spectacle and experience, than being another nondescript, perennial mid table underachiever ?

Year in the Prem, win the Championship and repeat. I’d quite happily take that 😉

We made mistakes with their goals but overall i reckon we played some good stuff. A shame we had to make subs for the lads who went off with cramp as i'm sure we had a great chance to win the game and it upset our rhythm.
We will be fine.
Yes you are.

Back
Top Bottom