Adkins' terrible transfers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It never fails to amaze me just how keen so many of our fans want to write us off and with such speed
we havent got a quarter of the way through the season and already we are being written off with only 106 points available
I look at the table and we seem 7th but the reaction is more like that we are in 17th
Every player at the club is now suddenly useless
There is no ambition in the club lft either

I see 1 win in 6 is a bad run of results but its not season defining , its thewake up call to the squad to improve
not the death knell of the season
of course its frustrating but its not terminal as some suggest
lets pick up our toys and put them back in the pram its a long walk home

How many wake up calls do they need in the first couple of months of the season? It's alright spouting off about people getting things in perspective, when you can't either.

History has proven Theyre always right though arent they ?

No one wrote us off under basset when we didnt win a game till the week before xmas
You know why because the players never stopped giving their all and we as fans respond to that

These wankers think if tgey look like archytypal footballers with the flash car beard number one and sleeves no one will notice them phoning in performances week in week out

While erstwhile tryers are turning them over with ease and actually improving their careers and their club

well I put up history showing teams getting promoted after poor starts you say thats history doesnt count now
but ours does count some how its up to us to change things
to write us off now is stupid we were 5 points off an auto spot 3 weeks ago
we still are 5 points off 2nd
108 points still to play for and we still havent had our best options on the park 100% fit

so what if we look like Chelsea just now
we just need to string a run of wins together, we know we can do that we did it after weir

How many wake up calls do they need in the first couple of months of the season? It's alright spouting off about people getting things in perspective, when you can't either.

as many as it takes
southampton needed 7 wake up calls
brentford had 8 points after 12 games
their alarm needed a battery too

but to say its over after 12 games is utterly ridiculous

well I put up history showing teams getting promoted after poor starts you say thats history doesnt count now
but ours does count some how its up to us to change things
to write us off now is stupid we were 5 points off an auto spot 3 weeks ago
we still are 5 points off 2nd
108 points still to play for and we still havent had our best options on the park 100% fit

so what if we look like Chelsea just now
we just need to string a run of wins together, we know we can do that we did it after weir
You keep saying this stuff season after season
What makes you think this bunch of players are capable of putting a consistent lwvel of performances together to threaten the tip two positions ?

It never fails to amaze me just how keen so many of our fans want to write us off and with such speed
we havent got a quarter of the way through the season and already we are being written off with only 106 points available
I look at the table and we seem 7th but the reaction is more like that we are in 17th
Every player at the club is now suddenly useless
There is no ambition in the club lft either

I see 1 win in 6 is a bad run of results but its not season defining , its thewake up call to the squad to improve
not the death knell of the season
of course its frustrating but its not terminal as some suggest
lets pick up our toys and put them back in the pram its a long walk home

I'm not writing us off, i would say that there is still every chance that we will end the season in the play-off positions. It would be nice to see some progress, hopefully this will be the darkness before the dawn.

I think that the problem is that many of us wanted this to be the time when a new manager comes in and everything just clicks into place. In fact the opposite has happened, with the same old problems lingering from last year with a few additional ones thrown into the mix as well.

Adkins talks the talk, i agree with almost everything he has said in his interviews but talk is cheap. A full pre-season and 10 games into this campaign should be long enough to impart your philosophy onto a team, but i still see a team playing at walking pace, taking too many sideways passes and with a porous back 5.

My opinion is thus; individually we have a team of players with enough ability to play at championship level but collectively it just does not work. The chemistry is not right, the personnel do not complement one another and there is no cohesion on the pitch. I think that with such a large squad, and a large pool of junior players; the manager should be able to put a team together with the right chemistry to be successful at this level. He should not just expect to play fantasy football and create his own team from scratch.

So far he hasn't managed it, and seeing the likes of K Wallace at full back and Coutts on the wing looks more like desperation rather than experimentation to me (but what do i know). He sounded like he had drawn a line in the sand yesterday, hopefully that was the game where we stopped giving players a chance to impress and made some decisions based on 18 months of unacceptable performance levels spanning the last 2 seasons.

Just how effectively we can resolve these issues via the loan system remains to be seen, i'm more hopeful than expectant to be honest.

You keep saying this stuff season after season
What makes you think this bunch of players are capable of putting a consistent lwvel of performances together to threaten the tip two positions ?
because we need brayford done che fully fit so we can attack more and help out the defence
its still a team game and weve be playing a weakened side
once we at full strength we can still win enough games
to give up now ould be cowardly and show no strength of character
108 points left to play for , not 6 games to go

Am I happy with our current run no , but its just 6 games not a season

as many as it takes
southampton needed 7 wake up calls
brentford had 8 points after 12 games
their alarm needed a battery too

but to say its over after 12 games is utterly ridiculous

To say we stand a chance as things stand is utterly ridiculous. Things need to change and you don't seem to be able to identify any of them. You say things will be tickity boo when our injured players come back. Please let me know which the CB's and CM's we have injured that are going to improve this team, or do you mean Brayford, one of our 3 right backs? There's not as many left to come back as you still obviously think.

To say we stand a chance as things stand is utterly ridiculous. Things need to change and you don't seem to be able to identify any of them. You say things will be tickity boo when our injured players come back. Please let me know which the CB's and CM's we have injured that are going to improve this team, or do you mean Brayford, one of our 3 right backs? There's not as many left to come back as you still obviously think.

year we went up to the prem we had a similar run , after beating wednesday 2-1 at hillsborough
25 February 2006 Queens Park Rangers H 2-3 25,360 Akinbiyi, Bircham (own goal)
3 March 2006 Crewe Alexandra H 0-0 22,691
11 March 2006 Coventry City A 0-2 23,506
18 March 2006 Norwich City A 1-2 25,346 Armstrong
25 March 2006 Southampton H 3-0 22,824 Jagielka, Ifill, Shipperley
1 April 2006 Stoke City A 1-1 17,544 Webber

1 win in 6 5 points from 12, we recovered to go up

why should this same run be our death knell

its just a poor 6 game spell not a be all and end all

because we need brayford done che fully fit so we can attack more and help out the defence
its still a team game and weve be playing a weakened side
once we at full strength we can still win enough games
to give up now ould be cowardly and show no strength of character
108 points left to play for , not 6 games to go

Am I happy with our current run no , but its just 6 games not a season
Lol
Fingers crossed eh ?
Yeah it would be cowardly to give up but thats what our team keeps doing
Often before theyve even started

Also when i talk about history i mean our history ,the players who are with us now and their lack of heart

The repetitive nature of our season fizzing out leads me to believe it will happen again as we havent strengthened the team in key areas in that period

Even with brayford done and adams fully fit we are still 2or 3 players off being good enough with no sign of anyone coming in

Also when i talk about history i mean our history ,the players who are with us now and their lack of heart
well Ive seen us get promoted 9 times
so I know we can do it

and we had bad runs in most of those promotions
aND aDKINS IS FULLY AWARE WE STILL NEED INCOMING

Can't deny that we have a relatively weak team, pretty much most will not cut it in the league above on current viewing.
Most will need to be let go, hopefully get rid of a few on frees in January.
Don't agree with putting Reed on the get rid list, the kids a great potential at his age, but is going to be hard season for him with the inconsistency of his team mates.
Not very nice is it fella?

It does surprise me the sort of insults people can throw around on an internet forum.
It surprises me how easily and quickly people are happy to trash the record of a man with 4 promotions. To be fair Barny, I think you at least broke a record there.

UTB

year we went up to the prem we had a similar run

The key difference of course being that we went on that run from a position of 2nd in the table, having amassed a number of points in the season, where we had also displayed that we had a great chance at automatic. A bit different to the current situation of a bad run in 6th/7th. It looks extremely unlikely at this current moment in time that we're about to spark into an amazing run.

It surprises me how easily and quickly people are happy to trash the record of a man with 4 promotions. To be fair Barny, I think you at least broke a record there.

UTB

It can't be that much of a surprise – half our fans still trash the record of the last person we had at the club with that number of promotions.

The key difference of course being that we went on that run from a position of 2nd in the table, having amassed a number of points in the season, where we had also displayed that we had a great chance at automatic. A bit different to the current situation of a bad run in 6th/7th. It looks extremely unlikely at this current moment in time that we're about to spark into an amazing run.

NO difference whatsoever we could have ended up in the play offs , and all that brings to us
amazing runs seldom have glowing runs before they start , thats why they are anmazing runs
Bournemouth having 8 points from first 12 hardly gave an impression they would go up

NO difference whatsoever we could have endedup in the play offs , and all that brings to us
amazing runs seldom have glowing runs before they start , thats why they are anmazing runs
Bournemouth having 8 points from first 12 hardly gave an impression they would go up

I'm not one to say our promotion hopes are over at his stage, that's ridiculous in my opinion. But you're bonkers if you think a bad run for a side that had demonstrated over many months that they were strong contenders for promotion is in any way comparable to a bad run for a group that hasn't demonstrated anything near that in the 2 months so far.

year we went up to the prem we had a similar run , after beating wednesday 2-1 at hillsborough
25 February 2006 Queens Park Rangers H 2-3 25,360 Akinbiyi, Bircham (own goal)
3 March 2006 Crewe Alexandra H 0-0 22,691
11 March 2006 Coventry City A 0-2 23,506
18 March 2006 Norwich City A 1-2 25,346 Armstrong
25 March 2006 Southampton H 3-0 22,824 Jagielka, Ifill, Shipperley
1 April 2006 Stoke City A 1-1 17,544 Webber

1 win in 6 5 points from 12, we recovered to go up

why should this same run be our death knell

its just a poor 6 game spell not a be all and end all

So you're quoting a season where we won the first 11 out of 12 games, or something similar and we were still in a very healthy position. This side hasn't proven it can do that so your point is non argument in my view. This side has already got turned over by Port Vale, Gillingham and Colchester and you want to quote this?

well Ive seen us get promoted 9 times
so I know we can do it

and we had bad runs in most of those promotions
aND aDKINS IS FULLY AWARE WE STILL NEED INCOMING

THIS IS BONKERS. You have seen 9 different teams get us promoted, so you know this one can?

It's called 'Blind Faith'.

A lot of people said the same thing last season.
And the season before.
And the season before...
I know and im sure when we ho on a run of a few decent results they will feel vindicated but the players will bring them crashing back to earth by just turning a few equally half arsed displays to sort that out

Who is hoping we fail; please name and shame them?
well apparently those that are prepared to give up with 3 quarters of a season to go
are they supporters ?
weve had a bad run , no doubtng that
but give up after 12 game
Im as unhappy with our play as anyone , but give up , this soon ,,, fuck off
I will support us , hopefully to better things
the time for recrimination will be next May not before bonfire night

surely any blade would
as opposed to hoping we fail. just to feel vindicated
No one is hoping we fail ,grow up
You cant offer any kind of opinion other than people want us to fail and we might do well if everyones fit

well apparently those that are prepared to give up with 3 quarters of a season to go
are they supporters ?

Nobody is prepared to give it up, like it's a choice. As supporters we are allowed to question and point to things that we wrong and praise when it's good. You wouldn't be a true supporter, friend or family if you allowed something to fail when you can see what they can do to resolve it. You're the non supporter my friend, you offer nothing but hot air.

question it by all means but this forum is rammed to the rafters with dissent bile and resignation and the same old well its history repeating itself crap

THINGS CHANGE just because we have failed before doesnt mean its set in stone

no dount Burton thought theyd always be a non league club, once

we will come good , dont know when but we will seen us do it before
we came back from div 4 when people said we wouldnt

Back
Top Bottom