Accident after match

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My wife was one of those who helped hold him up until the ambulance turned up at the request of the paramedic on the phone.

The ambulance that stopped wasn't the one that was attending, just happened to be passing by.

I went to see what was happening when I heard she was there and there 7were plenty of people discussing what had happened, looked like a black Tiguan that had hit him but all the conversations were cordial.

Everyone trying to help.

Thankfully I'd gone before the silly bitch turned up taking pictures of your mate on her phone. When asked what she thought she was doing she said it's OK I'm a personal injury lawyer.

My wife said your mate was a top bloke and wanted people's numbers so he could thank them later.

For the record there's no thanks or reimbursement needed from her POV. Just hope your mate recovers well. His holiday is up the spout but hopefully he can do it down the line.

In terms of witnessing the incident my wife said it had happened just before she crossed over but there were people around talking about it. Considering it was outside Rassams, they might have cameras.

Anyway, all the best to Steve.

Tell your missus she's a star mate, the situation although clearly bad was well under control, everybody supporting the lad in a calm manner..

Like I've said we walked on as everything was under control and we knew we weren't needed.

Well done to all that stopped to help.

My best mate was hit by a car straight after the match today and has been badly injured. I’d travelled to Wales straight after the game so didn’t find out until much later. He’s in hospital now with a lot of pretty serious injuries but will hopefully be able to recover.
I just wondered if anybody had seen what happened?
As yet, I don’t even know where the accident occurred but he usually parks off East Bank Road or near the bottom of Ecclesall Road.
Anybody see anything?
Thanks.
Sickening that some car drivers have a priority mindset over pedestrians that inevitably results in an innocent victim getting injured.
Best wishes to your mate.Thank god he lives to tell the tale bless him.🙏

Sickening that some car drivers have a priority mindset over pedestrians that inevitably results in an innocent victim getting injured.
Best wishes to your mate.Thank god he lives to tell the tale bless him.🙏
This thread doesn’t say as far as I can see, but did the car stop or is it a hit and run?

Best wishes to Steve. Hope he can make a quick and full recovery and that the bell ends who caused this can be brought to justice!

Hopefully Steve make a full recovery and the driver of the car gets a lot more than being sent on a speed awareness course

Best wishes for a good recovery. The NHS is brilliant and I'm sure he is getting top class treatment. The help and assistance shows the real human side of the majority of people to help others in need.

I’ve spoken to my friend (Steve) this morning. He’s got a catalogue of injuries including shattered pelvis, punctured lung and a broken bone in his neck. Despite being in huge pain he asked me to try to get a message of thanks to the people who helped him … he wants to reimburse them because he’s sure their clothes will have been covered in blood. This is absolutely typical of Steve … always thinks of others first.
He doesn’t remember details but it sounds like the car that hit him was undertaking a bus that had stopped to let people cross.
Anybody who saw anything could be really helpful because the police are investigating.
Thanks to you all for your messages - I’ve passed them on.
Sounds horrific hope Steve is able to make a speedy recovery 🤞

Pretty sure all buses have CCTV so I'm sure that's an angle the police will already be on.

yeah they have cameras on all four external sides plus inside top and bottom so they should have caught it.

All - thought I’d give you all an update cos Steve has now been able to see all your kind messages and it really helps.
The nursing staff are really pleased with his recovery to this point - in fact they’re amazed with how he’s coping with the catalogue of injuries. They’re hoping to move him to an orthopaedic ward fairly soon, where he can start to work on getting his mobility back. If I know Steve, he’ll probably get there in record time and be back at the Lane and out on the town 😄
Thanks again to you all for your messages. UTB.

All - thought I’d give you all an update cos Steve has now been able to see all your kind messages and it really helps.
The nursing staff are really pleased with his recovery to this point - in fact they’re amazed with how he’s coping with the catalogue of injuries. They’re hoping to move him to an orthopaedic ward fairly soon, where he can start to work on getting his mobility back. If I know Steve, he’ll probably get there in record time and be back at the Lane and out on the town 😄
Thanks again to you all for your messages. UTB.
That’s great news.

Back
Top Bottom