Accident after match

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MartBlade

Reaction score
My best mate was hit by a car straight after the match today and has been badly injured. I’d travelled to Wales straight after the game so didn’t find out until much later. He’s in hospital now with a lot of pretty serious injuries but will hopefully be able to recover.
I just wondered if anybody had seen what happened?
As yet, I don’t even know where the accident occurred but he usually parks off East Bank Road or near the bottom of Ecclesall Road.
Anybody see anything?
Thanks.

We went to the club shop for a bit after the match. So must have been about 3.30 when we walked up Boston Street to London Road, where the junction was closed and about 3 police vehicles in attendance along with an ambulance. There was a black car - possibly a BMW or VW? on the side of London Rd pointing towards the city centre that I think must have had something to do with the incident.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to your mate. UTB

I park up towards east bank but didn’t see anything - hope he’ll be okay🤞

Think we may have passed by, just as an ambulance and police car arrived, as previous poster has stated on city bound side of London Road at Boston Street junction.
Caught a glimpse of a male wearing the home kit with plain white back, which had signs of grazing across the shoulders. He appeared to have been helped to his feet but looked unsteady.
Best wishes to whoever involved.

Hope he pulls through.
The number of utter idiots driving at speed with the streets full of fans exiting the game after the match is ridiculous.
Sadly not at all surprised someone has been hit.

I don't know what was going off with some drivers today. I walked down to the match from near The Stag pub and it seemed like a lot of drivers didn't seem to want to allow any pedestrians to cross the roads.

Thanks to you all - I’ll pass on best wishes as soon as I get to see him.
Cheers

I hope your friend gets well soon.

There was a black car - possibly a BMW or VW? on the side of London Rd pointing towards the city centre that I think must have had something to do with the incident.

Wonder if it’s the same one I saw on Shoreham Street driving like an absolute bellend and narrowly missing someone?

I’ve spoken to my friend (Steve) this morning. He’s got a catalogue of injuries including shattered pelvis, punctured lung and a broken bone in his neck. Despite being in huge pain he asked me to try to get a message of thanks to the people who helped him … he wants to reimburse them because he’s sure their clothes will have been covered in blood. This is absolutely typical of Steve … always thinks of others first.
He doesn’t remember details but it sounds like the car that hit him was undertaking a bus that had stopped to let people cross.
Anybody who saw anything could be really helpful because the police are investigating.
Thanks to you all for your messages - I’ve passed them on.

My best mate was hit by a car straight after the match today and has been badly injured. I’d travelled to Wales straight after the game so didn’t find out until much later. He’s in hospital now with a lot of pretty serious injuries but will hopefully be able to recover.
I just wondered if anybody had seen what happened?
As yet, I don’t even know where the accident occurred but he usually parks off East Bank Road or near the bottom of Ecclesall Road.
Anybody see anything?
Thanks.
My wife was one of those who helped hold him up until the ambulance turned up at the request of the paramedic on the phone.

The ambulance that stopped wasn't the one that was attending, just happened to be passing by.

I went to see what was happening when I heard she was there and there 7were plenty of people discussing what had happened, looked like a black Tiguan that had hit him but all the conversations were cordial.

Everyone trying to help.

Thankfully I'd gone before the silly bitch turned up taking pictures of your mate on her phone. When asked what she thought she was doing she said it's OK I'm a personal injury lawyer.

My wife said your mate was a top bloke and wanted people's numbers so he could thank them later.

For the record there's no thanks or reimbursement needed from her POV. Just hope your mate recovers well. His holiday is up the spout but hopefully he can do it down the line.

In terms of witnessing the incident my wife said it had happened just before she crossed over but there were people around talking about it. Considering it was outside Rassams, they might have cameras.

Anyway, all the best to Steve.

Shocking news best wishes to Steve and his family speedy recovery mate

My wife was one of those who helped hold him up until the ambulance turned up at the request of the paramedic on the phone.

The ambulance that stopped wasn't the one that was attending, just happened to be passing by.

I went to see what was happening when I heard she was there and there 7were plenty of people discussing what had happened, looked like a black Tiguan that had hit him but all the conversations were cordial.

Everyone trying to help.

Thankfully I'd gone before the silly bitch turned up taking pictures of your mate on her phone. When asked what she thought she was doing she said it's OK I'm a personal injury lawyer.

My wife said your mate was a top bloke and wanted people's numbers so he could thank them later.

For the record there's no thanks or reimbursement needed from her POV. Just hope your mate recovers well. His holiday is up the spout but hopefully he can do it down the line.

In terms of witnessing the incident my wife said it had happened just before she crossed over but there were people around talking about it. Considering it was outside Rassams, they might have cameras.

Anyway, all the best to Steve.
Thanks so much to your wife from Steve (and me). Thanking people is literally the only thing he asked me to do when I spoke to him this morning - he was so grateful that he had help immediately.
He’s definitely got a long recovery road ahead of him but it’s great to be able to pass on this kind of update for him.
Many thanks again.

I hope your friend gets well soon and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I’ve spoken to my friend (Steve) this morning. He’s got a catalogue of injuries including shattered pelvis, punctured lung and a broken bone in his neck. Despite being in huge pain he asked me to try to get a message of thanks to the people who helped him … he wants to reimburse them because he’s sure their clothes will have been covered in blood. This is absolutely typical of Steve … always thinks of others first.
He doesn’t remember details but it sounds like the car that hit him was undertaking a bus that had stopped to let people cross.
Anybody who saw anything could be really helpful because the police are investigating.
Thanks to you all for your messages - I’ve passed them on.
Hi I'm one of Steve's friends from the Allotment I had spoken with him this morning everyone on the site is wishing him a very speedy recovery.

I'm popping up to see him on Tuesday as are other from the site.

Hi I'm one of Steve's friends from the Allotment I had spoken with him this morning everyone on the site is wishing him a very speedy recovery.

I'm popping up to see him on Tuesday as are other from the site.
Thanks a lot for the update - I know he’ll be glad to see you.

All the best to him. Sounds very unfortunate to end up in such a state just coming back from the football.

Poor lad.

We walked past him after the match and could see he was seriously hurt, there was a good group of people looking after him so we just walked by, didn't need a crowd round him I thought.

Hope he makes a full recovery, he looked pretty banged up..

Back
Top Bottom