Academy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not heard anything about this and very much doubt there is any truth.

But something I do think is true is that over the last few years locations have been looked at and finding one is difficult around the area. Is it nigh on impossible?

Assuming l’ve used the correct address for the Land Registry search there has been no sale from 2000, when the figures were recorded.
Not sure if it’s updated for the public in real time. Might be a lag.

The rumour could be just that though.

Alternatively, the club may be having designs planned out, to see if it’s viable to buy the land in the first place. It’d be daft to buy without first understanding if what you want building on there, is possible and meets your spec.

Not sure if it’s updated for the public in real time. Might be a lag.

The rumour could be just that though.

Alternatively, the club may be having designs planned out, to see if it’s viable to buy the land in the first place. It’d be daft to buy without first understanding if what you want building on there, is possible and meets your spec.
It was said the land was bought “months” ago. The time lag won’t be that great. I asked basically because the preamble, shareholder at the Lane, was bullshit and as far as l know it’s not been suggested anywhere else.

There was no mention of it in either the SUFC or BL accounts either although it could of course be in a different company.

It was said the land was bought months ago. I asked basically because the preamble, shareholder at the Lane, was bullshit.
Rumours by their nature aren’t fully accurate on facts though. So it may be the case that the site is just being explored as an option, someone has found out and told someone else it’s been considered for purchase, someone else has told someone else it’s been bought.

There was a rumour a while back that said we were pursuing the land at Parkwood Springs, which would make a lot more sense. Bang across the road from our current training ground and there's a lot of space there. The Steel City ground is miles out of the way and too small imo

Rumours by their nature aren’t fully accurate on facts though. So it may be the case that the site is just being explored as an option, someone has found out and told someone else it’s been considered for purchase, someone else has told someone else it’s been bought.

You seem rather keen on suggesting it may be true. You don’t have a mate who has a mate who owns an architects practise and mistakenly believes he has shares in United do you :)

There was a rumour a while back that said we were pursuing the land at Parkwood Springs, which would make a lot more sense. Bang across the road from our current training ground and there's a lot of space there. The Steel City ground is miles out of the way and too small imo
That was another point. It’s nowhere near big enough was my thought.

I thought that regarding Steel City, considering they'd have to put a building there too which I assume would have an indoor pitch, gym, canteen, hydrotherapy, changing rooms, media room, parking etc surely it'd leave space for about 2 pitches.

Unless it's been looked into for the ladies' team?

You seem rather keen on suggesting it may be true. You don’t have a mate who has a mate who owns an architects practise and mistakenly believes he has shares in United do you :)
No, I don't. But, I am just trying to look at what you'd originally posted through a lense which is not black, or white.

I said it may or may not be true, or may be somewhere in-between the two (most likely).

To add, Foxy post regarding Concord is interesting.

It was announced a week or so ago that SIV was putting out to tender the redevelopment and management of it's venues in the city. One of which has been earmarked for a rebuild is Concord.

Perhaps a way around United acquiring the land they require means a potential quasi-partnership at Concord (and the site across the road)? We build you a new facilities that the public has some access too; we take the land we want around it - the council (well, SIV), rid themselves of the burden of funding it all alone.

I'm probably putting 2+2 together and getting 5, but it would be a way around find the land we need.

That was another point. It’s nowhere near big enough was my thought.
I seem to remember it being reported that one option would be to move the first team to a new site and the current site being used for the academy. Would that work?

I seem to remember it being reported that one option would be to move the first team to a new site and the current site being used for the academy. Would that work?
You’d only get 2 maybe 3 pitches on the site so I’m not sure that’s enough for the first team either

I’d think a bigger problem would be the cost of levelling off all the Concord pitches.

Anyone know anything about this?

“So got some insider info yesterday m8 at work his m8 is a shareholder at United and is joint owner of an architects business which is currently drawing plans up for an academy to built on the old steel city ground across from concord park sports centre we apparently have already purchased the land which could host 3 or 4 pitches at least,no idea why it’s being kept quiet as it’s been going on for months
good for me as it’s local so should be able to get to games again also would allow us to gain grade A status”

What l do know is that the mate of a mate must be the Prince as there are no other shareholders at SUFC, and the same person reported that the club shares were trading at £6.50, valuing the club at over £460m.
That would be good when the sniper is active we can put em straight in Shiregreen cemetery.

Im gutted we never signed Kylian Cadamarteri....

Osula
Jebbison
Marsh
One
Hackford
Macedo
He’s been highly rated since young, he’ll turn into a decent player from what I’ve seen and heard of him.

Don’t think for one minute it was the pig attraction strategy though, it’s a case of it being the place where his dad was working at the time and it would have been frowned upon for him to go elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom