A wise old gentleman summed it all up for me today.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In history there are always elderly fans giving up on watching the Blades, even there were some who gave up watching the Blades during the Currie and Woody era. Dont really see the point of the OP
I think the point is he feels he's being ripped off and I can understand why. It's nothing to do with manning up either, he's been a man for 70 odd years.

I will never stop going but can understand people that are getting fed up.

I'm off to Donny on Saturday and I'm looking really forward to the day out but couldn't give a shit about the match, I'll eventually be very merry and forget about our result, that's how they've got me.

UTB and we'll be back but it could be a bit of a wait, us Blades have been very good at that lately.

Will somebody please tell me what these "highs" are and when they happened ?

As far as I'm concerned we have played Premier League football for 1 season in the last 20 years and embarrassed ourselves something chronic with our 1980's style and attempting to do it without a solitary quality footballer in the team.

Before that we had four seasons out of the previous 20 in the top flight embarrassing ourselves with 1980's hoofball as well.

And that's as good as it's got.
It's hardly a high is it ?

It's less than the bare minimum I expect and massively less than EVERY SIMILAR SIZED club has achieved.

Wow. That chimes a bit. Here's us on here, booting the shit out of each other with gusto and passion, offering debate and opinion and many of us opening their feelings out and delving into past experiences et al as our club slowly sinks lower and lower in the water.

Meanwhile, the people who can do anything about it are either inactive or strangely silent. The only people who speak from the club's standpoint are the team manager (strangely giving off signals that he is less than happy with his job) and one of the execuitive, whose collective experience of Sheffield United Football Club and the sport itself is microsends long.

This old feller has a point. We give a shit, the players less so and the management not.

That is why we are where we are.

pommpey

I'd never thought abt it like that. I check the news and forum every day and spend time arguing and debating and chatting passionately all the time.

I sometimes wonder if some of the players even bother with the 'how was your day at work' conversation.

Will somebody please tell me what these "highs" are and when they happened ?

As far as I'm concerned we have played Premier League football for 1 season in the last 20 years and embarrassed ourselves something chronic with our 1980's style and attempting to do it without a solitary quality footballer in the team.

Before that we had four seasons out of the previous 20 in the top flight embarrassing ourselves with 1980's hoofball as well.

And that's as good as it's got.
It's hardly a high is it ?

It's less than the bare minimum I expect and massively less than EVERY SIMILAR SIZED club has achieved.

And this for me was the turning point, the day some bright spark came up with the idea we had to go back to grass roots and build a team to play tippy tappy football like they do on TV......:(

D
And this for me was the turning point, the day some bright spark came up with the idea we had to go back to grass roots and build a team to play tippy tappy football like they do on TV......:(

Don't mind JJ. He's given up the Blades for golf, apart from the odd internet whine telling everyone how he's got the handle on all things United.

He condemns Sheffield as second rate, Sheffield people as miserable moaners with no ambition yet is that pussy whipped he's never left and just posts like his own view of the archetypal Sheffielder, whining like a bitch but doing nothing about it. Usually pissed, and without a trace of self awareness or irony.

He used to go in the Cricketers once upon a time though so he's a reyt Blade, but not a club killer type who's to blame for all our misery .

:)

D

Don't mind JJ. He's given up the Blades for golf, apart from the odd internet whine telling everyone how he's got the handle on all things United.

He condemns Sheffield as second rate, Sheffield people as miserable moaners with no ambition yet is that pussy whipped he's never left and just posts like his own view of the archetypal Sheffielder, whining like a bitch but doing nothing about it. Usually pissed, and without a trace of self awareness or irony.

He used to go in the Cricketers once upon a time though so he's a reyt Blade, but not a club killer type who's to blame for all our misery .

:)
Who are you talking about?

He should shut up and be a loyal.customer
If he doesnt like it fuck off to meadowhall
But buy your season ticket first

He should shut up and be a loyal.customer
If he doesnt like it fuck off to meadowhall
But buy your season ticket first

Rubbish. No meat on the bones of an argument/debate/opinion. All you get is, "we're shit" "we've always been shit" " we always will be shit". Nothing else whatsoever, no why, wherefores or comment about what's happening. From Bladesmad as well, if he'd been a clapper you'd have been all over it because of that.

I can relate to the green man: Dad took me to Hillsborough one week and granddad to Bramall Lane the next.
I was always a bladesman - always will be. Have threatened not to turn up or take any interest. BUT it's just not possible - they are in my blood. That's the problem for me they have to be in your blood and for today's owners, management and players they aren't. That for me was what made Neil special he is as committed as me.

FFs let's us some passion and commitment even if the oppos piss all over us.

UTB

Rubbish. No meat on the bones of an argument/debate/opinion. All you get is, "we're shit" "we've always been shit" " we always will be shit". Nothing else whatsoever, no why, wherefores or comment about what's happening. From Bladesmad as well, if he'd been a clapper you'd have been all over it because of that.
What ?

We aren't forced to go down there, we go because we want to and if someone finds he dosen't want to go any more, that's his problem.
It's the ones who then try to spoil it for everybody else with their " your all mugs for going" excuse that I've no time for..... :mad:

images
better than the current abomination. we won't get anywhere until we change this fucking shirt. we are always crap when we play in weird shirts.
fact.
(heh.. never typed that before!)

Back
Top Bottom