A view from Stamford Bridge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm sure Chelsea fans would rather they'd got relegated to Division Three in the 80's and skipped between the Championship and League 1 ever since.

It's all relevant, a Champions League game against Maribor isn't going to provide much enthusiasm but I'm sure Chelsea fans would supply a pretty good atmosphere if they were 1-0 down in a title decider against Man City and throwing everything at City.
Yea with a sprinkling of British players on the park the rest f

I'm sure Chelsea fans would rather they'd got relegated to Division Three in the 80's and skipped between the Championship and League 1 ever since.

It's all relevant, a Champions League game against Maribor isn't going to provide much enthusiasm but I'm sure Chelsea fans would supply a pretty good atmosphere if they were 1-0 down in a title decider against Man City and throwing everything at City.

Yeah, sounds great to me......let’s all agree that making the premiership a 2 team league of which no others can compete is a great idea? (Let’s be honest, this year it’s a one horse race)

Of course that would be a good atmosphere, the other 90% of the season with plastic non singing fans must also be just as good?

I agree, it's all relevant but I tell you what. I'd rather see us near the top of the championship/trying to stick in the premiership with all the glory/sickening moments that come with it. The only way I'd want to be anywhere near the likes of what Chelsea and Man City have is if there's at least 3-4 other teams vying for the top spot. I certainly wouldn’t want the prince spunking money left right and centre to get there at the sake of losing our identity as a club.

Yeah, sounds great to me......let’s all agree that making the premiership a 2 team league of which no others can compete is a great idea? (Let’s be honest, this year it’s a one horse race)

Of course that would be a good atmosphere, the other 90% of the season with plastic non singing fans must also be just as good?

I agree, it's all relevant but I tell you what. I'd rather see us near the top of the championship/trying to stick in the premiership with all the glory/sickening moments that come with it. The only way I'd want to be anywhere near the likes of what Chelsea and Man City have is if there's at least 3-4 other teams vying for the top spot. I certainly wouldn’t want the prince spunking money left right and centre to get there at the sake of losing our identity as a club.

Ask any Chelsea fan from the 80's, even those that are priced out and cant go anymore if they'd like the 1980's back and you'd get a 100% No from them. The identity of the club is better than it's ever been, worldwide exposure, better stadium, great facilities, infrastructure, not much of a hooligan problem anymore and players that are recognisable the world over. How exactly have they lost their identity ? Is it because some drunken, smoking, unemployed working class skinheads don't go anymore, is it because there isn't a scruffy dangerous shed end anymore...... some identity, better off lost if that's what it means.
Our fans are kidding themselves if they think we can just float along for the next 125 years achieving nothing and nurturing the belief that the working class man with his flat cap are the only people that have some God given right to be allowed in a football stadium .

Investment in other football clubs on this scale will happen again soon, it's just a matter of time before a number of other clubs get it, and when it happens it will happen to clubs that could be built into major forces because of the support levels, commercial enterprise, interest that these clubs can generate and being resident in a forward thinking, thriving big city that has big city infrastructure in place and has enough of a population that mirrors the clubs new forward thinking attitude.
And that's why despite United and Wendy being among the best supported teams outside the Premier League we wont get it. Great clubs, shit city and a poor population as a result of it being shit city.

The investment in football especially in this country will gradually diminish.
The Russian came over here on a ego trip and spent ridiculous amounts of money trying to dominate Europe.
What chance have we of developing youngsters to world level when the "elite " five continually import foreign mercenaries to satisfy there lust for success.
The goons who have pumped the money in will leave and clubs like Chelsea and Man City will return to mediocrity

The investment in football especially in this country will gradually diminish.
The Russian came over here on a ego trip and spent ridiculous amounts of money trying to dominate Europe.
What chance have we of developing youngsters to world level when the "elite " five continually import foreign mercenaries to satisfy there lust for success.
The goons who have pumped the money in will leave and clubs like Chelsea and Man City will return to mediocrity

I've been hearing this argument for years and it doesn't seem to happen.

What happens is that teams below the elite struggle and go bust.

The future, sadly, might be the US model. 30 or so major league teams, and the rest are minor league vassals.

The future, sadly, might be the US model. 30 or so major league teams, and the rest are minor league vassals.

I agree Rev, wealth just moves around; America, Saudi Arabia, Russia, next....China?
Look at the property market: Russians buying up property in London, now it's the Chinese, so how long before one of the top British clubs becomes the play thing of some multi billionaire from that part of the world?

With the Premier leagues plans for games being played outside the UK, like NFL, the US model is definately on the cards!

Surely we would mayor and not minor .

I wish the "elite " would just go and form a super league bring back the 2 foreigner rule at our level

If this were to happen,the two clubs mentioned wouldn't turn to mediocrity,they'd go out of buisness.

The diffreance today from the days of New York Comos etc is that individuals and countries use football as a vehicle to launder reputation , and tell the world who we are . i.e. Man City with there middle eastern backers.

The premiership has become just a big Plc company with a mission statement , of which we all think we want to join. You finish up joining and after years of good financial governance , sooner or later some clubs will go bust. Who is making the money

Footballers and agents. ( high percentage foreign )

Do i want this for the Blades . No thanks . I bet Mr McCabe regrets ever saying ": Game changing investment for us". We will one day reach the holy grail of the premiership , which like now will be be a two tier league ,with who steering the ship from a board room level who knows . From previous experience of McDonald , Hinchcliffe , Whoolhouse , etc etc , we always get it wrong . Stability in the championship will do me , with a good sensible board and Mr Clough.

Boat loads of money is killing the game , if we do ever reach the high echelons of football , directors like Alister Usmanov and Stan Kronke type at Arsenal are the model for the blades as long term financial survival (with the exception of the Cold War battle they are having , Russian v American. ) We have to be very careful of what we wish for at the lane.

Mr McCabe , The Prince and Mr Clough will do for me , at this moment in time , for long term progression and to get us out of shit league 1.

Our neighbours from S6 are not yet out of the mire , and it would not surprise me if we see a end of season administration , when they know they are safe from a points deduction , Leeds no 2 coming up.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom