A rudderless ship

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To be fair he did build the port build the ship then drive the boat 👍

No he didn’t, he fashioned a high performance vessel from cheap parts and when it started to break apart he gambled on expensive but unproven replacements.

Then he let it sink while pocketing the money.

How is it bollocks please explain ?

Wilder had been successfull at every managerial role he has held up until the Covid season behind closed doors

Alfreton / Halifax / Northampton / Oxford / Blades

That’s 10-15 years of managerial success but you choose to judge him and many of our brain dead fans also on 10/15 games with no fans in the ground

And the Boro “Failure” he took 60+ points in 45 games which is play off form whilst beating Man U & Spurs in the cup

He didn’t succeed at Boro but I wouldn’t say it was a failure
60 points in 45 games is not play-off form. This is a couple of season out of date but between 2011/12 and 2020/21 the points required for the playoffs was 69 or more. It was 71 in 2021/22 (Boro finished 7th with 70) and 70 in 2022/23 (Blackburn finished 7th with 69).

1698141315970.png

It would be a great start to the week if we had a new manager
It would be a great start to the week if we didn't have repetitive same old same old boring posts from Fallowfield attempting to hide behind a non de plume
To be fair he did build the port build the ship then drive the boat 👍
Then sink it!

(Ps . Fallowfield, you don't drive a boat, you sail or steer it)
It's that kind of error that gives you away Fallowfield! Every time.

DON'T FEED THE FALLOWFIELD

Totally agree realistically if we look at the areas where we are lacking/need experience we are at least £100million short if not more. We need players capable of staying fit too which would help. But you start trying to bring in replacements 4 or 5 players easily on that budget in today's market
And shatter the wage structure in the process. Potentially ruining us because the risk of going down will still be huge. Which would then see the same people saying "Why would you risk the financial future of the club when it was obvious we were doomed anyway?".

The real disappointment for me won't be going down this season not having spent much. The disappointment will be that since the Wilder promotion we won't have really progressed much. Still need parts of the old squad to be replaced, still need major improvements to the training facilities (senior and academy). This season has more or less reset the bank from the previous Prem season, and that's a real shame.

Agree but we've seen Wilder can perform miracles with players no better than the ones we have.
If Wilder has success after he left there's no way we'd get him.
We need a temporary cheap option, this can only be someone our of favour...so there's a chance Wilder would accept, we have nothing to lose.

Find it kind of perverse that many of our fans blame the ownership
but when the tanker is now edging to the rocks.....most normal fans call for the owners to act and at least try to rescue the situation.
However for some weird reason...I've seen comments like it doesn't matter how the players perform we need to keep Hecky for a few years.
Don't think I've seen such loyalty in the history of the game when the manager and players can perform how they like, they could lose 6-0 every match
not even bother trying and for some of our fans "it's OK" because incredibly some are saying we don't belong here.

However when we're on less than 10 points at Xmas the same fans will be slagging off the owner.

Most fans expected us to struggle but no one expected us to perform this badly where as unlike every other promoted club we can't even compete.
I'll make a prediction, more performances like the Man Utd 1st half and Hecky will stay, even if we lose.
However if we're outlclassed when paying Wolves and Bournemouth and also lose then the fanbase will turn and wouldn't surprise me if Wilder returns.
Don't think Wilder will save us but we'll play like the 1st half against Man Utd virtually every match, and we'll easily better the low points record.
For all my love of our time under Wilder he DIDN'T perform miracles when the quality of his team dropped. He took us down in fairly similar style to this one.

Whether I like it or not, Hecky won't make it through the season because no manager does when results are this poor. I just hope we really do our homework because we saw with Slav that new managers are always a gamble.

The problem for me is that wherever I look I don't find a quick fix or even a decent candidate for a scapegoat. The squad is too poor for me to think a new manager will get more. The manager's on such a tight budget I can't really expect him to have brought in what we need. And the board has been saying for long enough "We've put in what we can, and we can fund the club going forward, but we need to sell to push things to the next level". If I were picking a place to put my frustrations, I guess I pick the board, but if I say "The Prince should sell the club" then the response is going to be "I'm trying to", and ultimately I still see the guy people made fun of as "the bogroll Prince" who took us from a shit League One team to more Prem seasons than I'd seen in my lifetime previously.

I'm thinking back to times like Adkins who nearly drove me mad with his bullshit. Players like Hammond, Woolford, McEvely, McMahon, Higdon, who I didn't like and could berate. McCabe getting ratty at Radio Sheffield presenters for reasonable questions. I had no problem being angry at all of that. The current lot...I just feel sorry for them. I'm too sad to be angry.

And shatter the wage structure in the process. Potentially ruining us because the risk of going down will still be huge. Which would then see the same people saying "Why would you risk the financial future of the club when it was obvious we were doomed anyway?".

The real disappointment for me won't be going down this season not having spent much. The disappointment will be that since the Wilder promotion we won't have really progressed much. Still need parts of the old squad to be replaced, still need major improvements to the training facilities (senior and academy). This season has more or less reset the bank from the previous Prem season, and that's a real shame.
Agreed, recruitment is pointless if not suicidal if it counter-balances the wage structure. But agreed that the off field investments haven't come yet apart from the paint job on the kop. Its difficult to know what the club are thinking in terms of what true discussions are happening between the Prince and Hecky or who manages the off-field training ground assets etc. Hecky's task is to virtually try and do the impossible whilst simultaneously put a positive spin on things to the media. Most post match are "there were positives and we need to work on this etc". I would personally like us to look at the future. What we can't do is a double drop back to back relegations, although what we can do is see what positives we can make out of this season, try and get some game time for some of the youngsters.

It's easier describing it on this type of forum as to what we as blades fans describe as a "win" when I get the comments in the pub from glory hunting fans saying "you are having a bad season etc" my response confuses them, I always say "Yeah not ideal but only 4/5 points behind" straight away they are like more like 22, I have to constantly explain we are "playing in our league" our goal is to finish 17th or better, if we have done that we have had an incredible season.

We used to be HMS Piss the league but right now we are a rudderless ship

This Club is fast becoming a rudderless ship without a captain

There’s no leadership on the pitch

There’s no leadership in the dug out

And there’s no leadership off the pitch bar Stephen Bettis who is the only competent person at the club

And the worst thing is the passengers us , are just accepting the ship sinking because oh we were told there’s better ships

Our fans this season have suddenly turned into a bunch of wet wipes who are accepting relegation with a record low points total and a bloke who is milking the club dry for his own personal gain

We are 3 points from safety and probably need 30/35 points to stay up with Nearly 30 games to go

There’s only one man who can unite this club and save the day and thats Sir Chris of wilder
Stopped reading here...

Stephen Bettis who is the only competent person at the club

When we look for competency at the club I’m afraid it stops at the team manager…everything above him is completely incompetent.

So if there is to be a scapegoat then look no further than the board. They have created the current issues and set the manager up to fail miserably. NO manager in the world could have made a go of it this season in the circs provided, and regardless of his talent as a manager Hecky still deserves some credit for the promotion, despite the cheat code Ndiaye making it pretty much impossible to fail.

And there’s no leadership off the pitch bar Stephen Bettis who is the only competent person at the club

That’s because he is
Would that be the same Bettis who appointed Hecky in 2021 on a 4 year contract saying 'Paul's style and ethos matches that of the club and we will support him'?
So the only man competent at the club, according to you, appoints someone who, according to you, Fallowfield , is incomepetent!

The usual contradictions apply yet again.

Would that be the same Bettis who appointed Hecky in 2021 on a 4 year contract saying 'Paul's style and ethos matches that of the club and we will support him'?
So the only man competent at the club, according to you, appoints someone who, according to you, Fallowfield , is incomepetent!

The usual contradictions apply yet again.

Bettis appointed him to get us promoted which he did somehow , however he is now quite clearly an incompetent manager at this level

Bettis appointed him to get us promoted which he did somehow , however he is now quite clearly an incompetent manager at this level
How many other competent managers with NINE, yes NINE, members of the squad out would get anything against Citeh, Spurs, Newcastle and Manure?
You probably failed to notice that when we put Ben Osborn on on saturday night, Man Utd put £60 million Mason Mount on. Which is a bit like asking a Reliant Robin to compete against a Formula one race car. And that is just the subs bench.
Hecky has been dealt a poor hand. He does what he can with what he has.

Fallowfield your continual bleating on and on and on about replacements is tedious, monotonous and boring. We KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. We ve known for a season and a half.
Its always the same.
'This is shit. That is shit. He is shit. He has no idea. He needs to go. He is incompetent. Blah Blah Blah Blah. Its all shit. Ad infinitum'
Why are you here Fallowfield????
When the fuck are you going to post something positive about the club?????? When Fallowfield? Just WHEN!!

How many other competent managers with NINE, yes NINE, members of the squad out would get anything against Citeh, Spurs, Newcastle and Manure?
You probably failed to notice that when we put Ben Osborn on on saturday night, Man Utd put £60 million Mason Mount on. Which is a bit like asking a Reliant Robin to compete against a Formula one race car. And that is just the subs bench.
Hecky has been dealt a poor hand. He does what he can with what he has.

Fallowfield your continual bleating on and on and on about replacements is tedious, monotonous and boring. We KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. We ve known for a season and a half.
Its always the same.
'This is shit. That is shit. He is shit. He has no idea. He needs to go. He is incompetent. Blah Blah Blah Blah. Its all shit. Ad infinitum'
Why are you here Fallowfield????
When the fuck are you going to post something positive about the club?????? When Fallowfield? Just WHEN!!

I am the voice of reason of the forum Kenneth

And I’m not sure who this Fallow Field is that you keep harping on about

60 points in 45 games is not play-off form. This is a couple of season out of date but between 2011/12 and 2020/21 the points required for the playoffs was 69 or more. It was 71 in 2021/22 (Boro finished 7th with 70) and 70 in 2022/23 (Blackburn finished 7th with 69).

View attachment 173378

45 games , he would have been close in the 12/13 season 🤣

My point is when people say he failed , he didn’t fail he neither succeeded nor failed miserably

He did alright and probably set the foundations for carrick , who had a similar start this year BTW

The fact that we had 9 players out last Saturday sits firmly with Hecky and no-one else. I am repeating what I said on another thread… but much as I like a lot of what Hecky has done….’Fitness & Conditioning’ of players is his coaching teams responsibility. I will always sympathise with Hecky regarding the shit storm of a transfer window that the Prince gave him, but sorry, he might not have the quality he needs - but he needs to look at why he has created so many injury issues. It is not down to bad luck.

I am the voice of reason of the forum Kenneth

And I’m not sure who this Fallow Field is that you keep harping on about
If you're the voice of reason in here Im the Miss World of the forum!!!!!

And please cut out the crap (what did I just say ffs? Fucking impossible for you)
We ALL know it's you Fallowfield. And YOU know it's you!

The fact that we had 9 players out last Saturday sits firmly with Hecky and no-one else. I am repeating what I said on another thread… but much as I like a lot of what Hecky has done….’Fitness & Conditioning’ of players is his coaching teams responsibility. I will always sympathise with Hecky regarding the shit storm of a transfer window that the Prince gave him, but sorry, he might not have the quality he needs - but he needs to look at why he has created so many injury issues. It is not down to bad luck.
Can you tell us what injury issues Hecky has personally created please ?

All of them….. as Manager, he has responsibility for all aspects of the playing squad. In my eyes, the same applies to any manager anywhere. I have always thought that down the years… you make your own luck &I just don’t think Hecky has got the ‘Fitness & Conditioning’ side right. I think he did a great job after Wilder left through the back door so suddenly and again after Slav’s sudden departure. However, he really is not helping himself and having a decimated squad has to be on him. Having 9 players unavailable from a squad of 25 is just not acceptable.

I really hope he is given time to turn this around, but with every defeat and every new injury, fans are growing impatient with him.

All of them….. as Manager, he has responsibility for all aspects of the playing squad. In my eyes, the same applies to any manager anywhere. I have always thought that down the years… you make your own luck &I just don’t think Hecky has got the ‘Fitness & Conditioning’ side right. I think he did a great job after Wilder left through the back door so suddenly and again after Slav’s sudden departure. However, he really is not helping himself and having a decimated squad has to be on him. Having 9 players unavailable from a squad of 25 is just not acceptable.

I really hope he is given time to turn this around, but with every defeat and every new injury, fans are growing impatient with him.
How has he create them?

How…….Fitness & Conditioning of the players, not being at the levels required. No such thing as bad luck in my opinion.

But as I say, I want Hecky to keep his job & turn this around. I am very sceptical about a Wilder return. But unless Hecky can sort out the ‘Fitness & Conditioning’… he is leaving himself wide open to criticism & the Hecky out brigade.

So............
Bash falls awkwardly and severely damages his ankle, during a match. Heckys fault!
Egan gets injured on international duty, Heckys fault.
McBurnie pulls his groin during a match, Heckys fault.
Davis swings at a ball during shooting practice and tears a muscle, Heckys fault.
Anel jumps for a header and does his hamstring. Hecky s fault.
Jebbison gets glandular fever. Heckys fault.

Hope Hecky was nowhere near the grassy knoll!

So............
Bash falls awkwardly and severely damages his ankle, during a match. Heckys fault!
Davis swings at a ball during shooting practice and tears a muscle, Heckys fault.

Get 1 point from a possible 27 with a -20 Goal difference one of the worst starts in premier league history

Whilst been bottom of all the XG and performance metrics

Definitely not heckys fault

I wound who’s failing it will be on Saturday , the training pitches ? Global warming ?

So............

He's had an injury crisis in every season he's managed us so far. Muscle injuries, tears and strains on this scale cannot be bad luck. Bad luck is having players out through impact injuries in games but the vast majority of time under Hecky it's players who have these soft tissue injuries. It's also obvious that we're trying to either rush players back or the rehabilitation is just not fit for purpose. It's happened far too many times where we have had players on the cusp of coming back only for them to suffer another set back. This cannot be bad luck, I honestly do not think that Hecky or his medical team are looking after the players properly

When Wilder was manager with a similar squad we barely had an injury in 4 years. The strength and conditioning of that squad was probably the best I've ever seen at United. We were one of the fittest teams in the division, even in the Prem. By all accounts training was full throttle too and it just goes to show what can happen when the health of a squad is managed properly.

When will it stop?!?!!!

For CW to come back. He needs to come back on OUR terms.

There's more to it in the background...... Will he still want total control over certain areas of the club?
Will he play youth players? Foreign players? Will it still be a rigid 352? Flat 3 midfield? Will he let a DOF come in to over see signings and youth players?

If we must go back to CW. Then he also needs to show he can be adaptive to fresh ideas. No more spending £18 million on championship quality players.

FWIW I would be happy for PH to remain in the background maybe as a DOF type appointment. His record with our youth teams was outstanding.

On CW. I don't want him coming in an sulking around the place. We need someone to come in and give the whole place a lift. Put an arm around the players and bollock others. (But not hang them out to dry in public ala Leicester City)

I wound who’s failing it will be on Saturday , the training pitches ? Global warming ?
Sorry to hear about your wound Fallowfield. Hope it gets better soon.

Nice of you to assume we'll fail on saturday.
Chances are we will lose on Saturday. But it won't be because of the training pitch. Definitely nothing to do with global warning. More likely to do with the multimillion pound players in their squad as opposed to the threadbare ones in ours.
At least it will give you another excuse for your favourite hobby, getting on Heckys back .

Ps. Has the hound returned?

So............

All Hecky and his backroom teams fault with the exception of Bash- all these injuries are soft tissue soft -Muscles become worn, tendons and ligaments tear and nerves get agitated to you cause pain, all of which may require surgery to repair. Tendonitis and bursitis, two conditions where your tendons and joints are inflamed, are examples of injuries that occur because of overuse of soft-tissue. These injuries happen from repetitive motion by working out or performing the same activity over time.

Back
Top Bottom