A rudderless ship

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S6Blademan

Reaction score
We used to be HMS Piss the league but right now we are a rudderless ship

This Club is fast becoming a rudderless ship without a captain

There’s no leadership on the pitch

There’s no leadership in the dug out

And there’s no leadership off the pitch bar Stephen Bettis who is the only competent person at the club

And the worst thing is the passengers us , are just accepting the ship sinking because oh we were told there’s better ships

Our fans this season have suddenly turned into a bunch of wet wipes who are accepting relegation with a record low points total and a bloke who is milking the club dry for his own personal gain

We are 3 points from safety and probably need 30/35 points to stay up with Nearly 30 games to go

There’s only one man who can unite this club and save the day and thats Sir Chris of wilder

Attachments

• 982CBF6F-6CFE-4C2C-AAA3-CFF6553CB8BC.gif
    982CBF6F-6CFE-4C2C-AAA3-CFF6553CB8BC.gif
    10.9 MB · Views: 4

Have a day off mate.

First day at work for most of us.

At least let us get the worst day of the week out of the way will you?

Jesus. Come on here for a bit of light relief. It's like the anti-samaritons!

I read that in the voice of Brian the Blade and thought about A nice bottle of red wine

Tell you what there no better manager than me in the South Yorkshire counties Sunday league

Have a day off mate.

First day at work for most of us.

At least let us get the worst day of the week out of the way will you?

Jesus. Come on here for a bit of light relief. It's like the anti-samaritons!

It would be a great start to the week if we had a new manager

Call me a wet wipe but my position is that we needed to sign a lot more players than we did in order to have a fair chance. And the board made it clear in advance the budget is low. It's not exactly a secret given ten months ago we were under embargo.

We need to pull out a few miracle results and then find money I don't think we have in January. I don't see that happening.

I'm not saying accepting our fate feels good, but I'm also not fantasising that Wilder would be a panacea. It's not like he's recreated his success after leaving us.

Call me a wet wipe but my position is that we needed to sign a lot more players than we did in order to have a fair chance. And the board made it clear in advance the budget is low. It's not exactly a secret given ten months ago we were under embargo.

We need to pull out a few miracle results and then find money I don't think we have in January. I don't see that happening.

I'm not saying accepting our fate feels good, but I'm also not fantasising that Wilder would be a panacea. It's not like he's recreated his success after leaving us.
Totally agree realistically if we look at the areas where we are lacking/need experience we are at least £100million short if not more. We need players capable of staying fit too which would help. But you start trying to bring in replacements 4 or 5 players easily on that budget in today's market

Even with unlimited funds (hi Forest), it’s incredibly hard to dismantle and rebuild a team after promotion.

This season is basically about damage limitation and the owners selling up. Focusing so heavily on the manager’s use of subs, or whether Norwood should play, seems ridiculous to me.

🐺🌙

It doesn't take long for the militant wing of Wilder obsessives to raise their heads and squawk that there's only one Messiah. Of course there's a convenient memory lapse regarding CW's managerial record. Circumstance and history are not on Wilder's side. What worked once is no longer advisable or worth consideration, and I speak as someone who loved our rise from the depth of Div 1 to a great two season run in the Prem under Wilder.

Yes, money was wasted, but then we've never had much to begin with, so of course wasted funds gain a far more painful glow simply because of the lack of funds. That team had, at it's core, some good players. What we currently have don't come close in comparison, it's not their fault just a fact of life.

If there is a managerial Messiah out there, currently in search of what's referred to as a 'new project', then BDTBL is your next job, but the new manager will need resources not based on promises that are simply not deliverable. New players (and this includes improved wages otherwise we'll never attract the quality of player to sustain any sort of prolonged run in the top tier), improved training facilities, and a longterm vision that includes manager, players, and supporters........none of which is going to happen under our current owner's tenure.

And there’s no leadership off the pitch bar Stephen Bettis who is the only competent person at the club

And the worst thing is the passengers us , are just accepting the ship sinking because oh we were told there’s better ships

Our fans this season have suddenly turned into a bunch of wet wipes who are accepting relegation with a record low points total and a bloke who is milking the club dry for his own personal gain

We are 3 points from safety and probably need 30/35 points to stay up with Nearly 30 games to go

There’s only one man who can unite this club and save the day and thats Sir Chris of wilder
IMG_1113.jpeg

🥱

I can not see the point of changing the manager . What could a new guy do with out any resources ? The thing we are short of is CASH. We went three windows without bringing in any new blood in until the last window where most of our recruitments were freebies and 3 and 5 million pound players along with just 2 decent signings who can not shine because they are playing with make shift team mates. Not the players or managers fault ,its the clubs fault ,We are pink lint . We let or star man go because we were slow sorting out his contract a couple of years ago ,a player that could unhinge any defence ,a type of player who we now are missing . Looking at our bench and then looking at the other teams bench says it all we just can not compete in this league until we have owners who can a finance a complete rebuild and build a squad with depth. Nowadays playing 10 to 15 mins over time we are left with babies on the bench while other clubs bring on another 200 million quids worth of talent to replace tied legs. Just another example of the big boys being favoured who have massive squads while we are having academy boys still learning their trades to bring on hence the late goals we seem to concede every match .I can understand the owners reluctant to spend big just hope the prem money we are getting is going to resolve are money troubles so we can get on a more even keel . We will wait and see.

It doesn't take long for the militant wing of Wilder obsessives to raise their heads and squawk that there's only one Messiah. Of course there's a convenient memory lapse regarding CW's managerial record. Circumstance and history are not on Wilder's side. What worked once is no longer advisable or worth consideration, and I speak as someone who loved our rise from the depth of Div 1 to a great two season run in the Prem under Wilder.

Yes, money was wasted, but then we've never had much to begin with, so of course wasted funds gain a far more painful glow simply because of the lack of funds. That team had, at it's core, some good players. What we currently have don't come close in comparison, it's not their fault just a fact of life.

If there is a managerial Messiah out there, currently in search of what's referred to as a 'new project', then BDTBL is your next job, but the new manager will need resources not based on promises that are simply not deliverable. New players (and this includes improved wages otherwise we'll never attract the quality of player to sustain any sort of prolonged run in the top tier), improved training facilities, and a longterm vision that includes manager, players, and supporters........none of which is going to happen under our current owner's tenure.

Memory lapse ?

The fans who have forgotten about his 10/15 years of continuous success instead remembering 15 awful games with no fans in the ground

That’s a proper memory lapse ^^^

I don’t think wilder is perfect you can have a nuanced opinion on football / a manager

You can say we were awful that first 15 games but could make the case that we were better then than we currently are

We are in a reght fix no money most of the team is injured—bottom of the premier league. the prince has put us in the shit he wants out, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. I have heard he wants to stay involved when we get taken over. This could be a problem if someone wants to buy the club and does not want the prince to stay. that could delay any sale. not only that why should he stay he is skint. he wants £170m. has he spent that on the club with his own money.?.I am not sure about that. whatever we need a new owner before the next transfer window is open in January. far too early to say we will be relegated. however it not looking good is it?

We are in a reght fix no money most of the team is injured—bottom of the premier league. the prince has put us in the shit he wants out, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. I have heard he wants to stay involved when we get taken over. This could be a problem if someone wants to buy the club and does not want the prince to stay. that could delay any sale. not only that why should he stay he is skint. he wants £170m. has he spent that on the club with his own money.?.I am not sure about that. whatever we need a new owner before the next transfer window is open in January. far too early to say we will be relegated. however it not looking good is it?

No money 😯😯😯

The club has plenty of money it’s just the owner has to keep it in case we go down

So that he has the money to run us for the next 5 year and doesn’t have to use a penny of his own

I can not see the point of changing the manager . What could a new guy do with out any resources ? The thing we are short of is CASH. We went three windows without bringing in any new blood in until the last window where most of our recruitments were freebies and 3 and 5 million pound players along with just 2 decent signings who can not shine because they are playing with make shift team mates. Not the players or managers fault ,its the clubs fault ,We are pink lint . We let or star man go because we were slow sorting out his contract a couple of years ago ,a player that could unhinge any defence ,a type of player who we now are missing . Looking at our bench and then looking at the other teams bench says it all we just can not compete in this league until we have owners who can a finance a complete rebuild and build a squad with depth. Nowadays playing 10 to 15 mins over time we are left with babies on the bench while other clubs bring on another 200 million quids worth of talent to replace tied legs. Just another example of the big boys being favoured who have massive squads while we are having academy boys still learning their trades to bring on hence the late goals we seem to concede every match .I can understand the owners reluctant to spend big just hope the prem money we are getting is going to resolve are money troubles so we can get on a more even keel . We will wait and see.
Another thing we're short of is bloody-minded thou shall not pass defending and game managing nous on the field and off,and quality players,of course.

S6 bladesman how do you know the prince is keeping the money? he has admitted he is skint and cannot afford to put any more money into the club.
Thats why he wants to sell the club, so why should he care if we get relegated. he is not bothered about the supporters anyway.

We look pretty rudderless at the moment but Chris Wilder coming back solves nothing. There could be a bounce of a couple of games where they get revved up then we'll soon revert to type. The current situation is reminiscent of the last time we went down (stripping out the 8-0) of being in games but never having the ability to get over the line. Covid can't be used as an excuse because everyone was in the same situation.

The collection of players we have simply aren't up to the job at this level. We've got the makings of a good Championship team but we've gone the same way as last time, signing players for the future by and large, rather than signing ones who can do the job now.

I don't think we'll be as incompetent as what Derby were but we're going to fall a long way short unless we can stump up a minimum of 8 wins and 8 draws from 30 games to be in with a shout, which is looking bloody long odds.

The fan base seems to be much happier when we are banging on the door of the Premier league from the championship, throw in a cup run and who needs to be losing every week in the prem.

Wonder if Bassett fancies another crack at it?
He spent time 'answering the phone' for Adams in 2011. Maybe he can apply liniment and bandages to Hecky's war wounde, and give a mighty kick up the arsenal to Brewster, McBurnie, and Jebbison. Old pals get away with fucking murder. Do fuck all, earn 10k a week.

This season has been far worse than the COVID season under CW. At least we looked like we were in games. CW also gets stick for his signings that year, but the current signings look no better.

This season has been far worse than the COVID season under CW. At least we looked like we were in games. CW also gets stick for his signings that year, but the current signings look no better.
Best window ever.... None have impressed me. Out of the 10 signings Trusty looks the best and he's been on bench all season.

Captain Wilder, last seen sneaking off in a lifeboat full of money from the back of the sinking ship.

Back
Top Bottom