5-6 Players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

OMG!!!!!!! We are not going to buy anybody!!!!!!!! Freebies and loans only. Hecky can't even tell his players who is staying and who is going. Look, we will be a Premier League side, operating on a mid championship budget. PL money will cover debts to be paid off, and current salaries.
Well summed up.Agree with all that,unfortunately.😟😟😟

yes it has we have to do everything we can to but tommy doyle and loan mcatee again and i reckon pep would allow it if we can manage it financially and reckon he would allow mcatee to play against city anall
Why the fuck would Tommy Doyle sign for us?

Genuine question. If you're in his situation, other than sentiment, what do we offer him that makes him want to sign?

Why the fuck would Tommy Doyle sign for us?

Genuine question. If you're in his situation, other than sentiment, what do we offer him that makes him want to sign?
Tbf I'd be surprised if another premier league club was ready to gamble on him. It's not like contracts mean much these days so if he signed and played well there is nothing stopping him moving on if we get relagated.

First team premier league football
For one season... And pretty sure we won't be the only ones interested in him who can offer that.

Tbf I'd be surprised if another premier league club was ready to gamble on him. It's not like contracts mean much these days so if he signed and played well there is nothing stopping him moving on if we get relagated.

I wouldn't. He's hardly a gamble. City Academy, successful championship loan, England U21 captain... If MGW fetches £40m for a similar CV...

From the academy of the best team in the world to a yo-yo club would be some career suicide. At least if we over-pay him - oh wait a minute...

For one season... And pretty sure we won't be the only ones interested in him who can offer that.

I wouldn't. He's hardly a gamble. City Academy, successful championship loan, England U21 captain... If MGW fetches £40m for a similar CV...

From the academy of the best team in the world to a yo-yo club would be some career suicide. At least if we over-pay him - oh wait a minute...
MGW went to a promoted team and if that's our competition he would choose us. It is undoubtedly a gamble as he hasn't played a season at the top level. Wasn't Kean Bryan from the Manchester city academy?

MGW went to a promoted team and if that's our competition he would choose us. It is undoubtedly a gamble as he hasn't played a season at the top level. Wasn't Kean Bryan from the Manchester city academy?
I think the distinction between Forest and ourselves is that they’re backed with a Premier League budget and are showing ambition to become an established Premier League club… unless we get a big money takeover we are acknowledging that it’s probably yo-yo at best for now.

That means he’d be facing lower wages, less chance of a second season in the Premier League and less talented players playing alongside him.

It sucks but other than sentiment and a (near enough) guarantee of a starting position (other clubs will have more competition for him in their squads) we may not be his best option.

You didn't say to name one thing no one else can though
But I think footballers are generally a bit more positive than that and he might think more chance of game time at this stage of his career is better than being a squad player at a better side which he already is anyway

Yet they were going to let him go for a third of that at the start of this season

It's also worth noting it's not like Doyle tore the league apart. Ask a fan in general about us and they think our best midfielder is Norwood.

I despair. People on here are saying , go for this player, that player, oh and scour the foreign market. We have no money, end of.
Why do you think Hecky stated , try to keep what we have. Next season, the top 6 championship clubs , will be paying the same or more salaries to their players.
I genuinely believe the financial state at BDTBL was far worse than Bettis and co stated. If as reported, HRH put Millions in to keep us afloat, do you not think he will want that back, as soon as prem money lands???? Especially if he sells the club as a priority!!! I hate being so negative, but if the leaks, rumours are only 1% accurate, its going to be really difficult for Hecky next season. I would be very surprised if the likes of Norwood and his agent are not actively looking elsewhere.

I despair. People on here are saying , go for this player, that player, oh and scour the foreign market. We have no money, end of.
Why do you think Hecky stated , try to keep what we have. Next season, the top 6 championship clubs , will be paying the same or more salaries to their players.
I genuinely believe the financial state at BDTBL was far worse than Bettis and co stated. If as reported, HRH put Millions in to keep us afloat, do you not think he will want that back, as soon as prem money lands???? Especially if he sells the club as a priority!!! I hate being so negative, but if the leaks, rumours are only 1% accurate, its going to be really difficult for Hecky next season. I would be very surprised if the likes of Norwood and his agent are not actively looking elsewhere.
Apparently,Norwood loves it at Bramall Lane,would love to stay.

Whiff of pork this one….

If the leaks and rumours are 1% accurate they are 0.9 % up on most of the information in your post

It's also worth noting it's not like Doyle tore the league apart. Ask a fan in general about us and they think our best midfielder is Norwood.
norwood better than tommy doyle ? your having a laugh arnt you norwood is at best a bottom half team championship player and as for roger moore saying why would he sign for us where have you been for the last month the lad himself has said he would love to come back here

We need legs and athleticism in midfield to compete, another centre forward, another centre half and some younger squad players with potential, look at Luton’s better players
Absolutely essential we keep Iliman next season even if we have to sell in January or he leaves for free next summer

He's allegedly Forest's highest earner. Which is twice as much as we'd be offering. He was at a club who have a bonkers transfer policy and knew he'd get limited game time.

Forest spent 160 million in the summer and brought in 26 new players, just shows the size of the task to just survive in the PL

norwood better than tommy doyle ? your having a laugh arnt you norwood is at best a bottom half team championship player and as for roger moore saying why would he sign for us where have you been for the last month the lad himself has said he would love to come back here
Why the disrespect? Norwoods form fell off a cliff for the last third of the season but for the first two he was a huge part of our promotion

...not if he has an opt out clause in the event of us being relegated. He would then have a full PL season on his cv and could take another step up.

Forest spent 160 million in the summer and brought in 26 new players, just shows the size of the task to just survive in the PL
Not necessarily. They spent unwisely and now look where they are.

I'm not saying he is better. I'm saying look at the outside view. Norwood is highly regarded.

Back
Top Bottom