4-3-3 ??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

stuie01

Reaction score
lets get some attacking options and go all out from the start why do we do it when we r 2-0 down lets do it and go for it

kenny
broms davis morgs Armstrong
keef jags quinny
kabba hulse webber

worth a shout

4-3-3 never really worked for us in the Championship, although we didn't have such a good central figure as we have now in Rob Hulse. I'd still prefer to see a straight 4-4-2 and give Hulse a real partner. I can't help thinking we're falling into the "Andy Gray" trap with Hulse where Warnock is convinced he can do it all himself, when it's quite clear he can't - especially away from home.

why not a 4 3 2 1 type of formation with 2 pacey attaxking players (in this case webber and kabba although others could be used ) going forward and supporting hulse there fore filling in the gap between midfield and attack therefore hopefully creating more chances and therefore hopefully scoring more goals therefore winning more games therefore moving up the league and therefore avoiding relegation arent i a good manager lol

rotherhamblade said:
why not a 4 3 2 1 type of formation with 2 pacey attaxking players (in this case webber and kabba although others could be used ) going forward and supporting hulse there fore filling in the gap between midfield and attack therefore hopefully creating more chances and therefore hopefully scoring more goals therefore winning more games therefore moving up the league and therefore avoiding relegation arent i a good manager lol

That's what we have been playing really IMO, fair enough Keef down the right isn't as fast as he once was.

I'd like to see the 433 formation, but i would not break up the back 4 which is as solid as i have seen at the lane in a long time. I'd go for Monty, Leggs and Keef in the middle to compensate for the attacking 3 of Kabba, webber and Hulse...so my team would be :

Bennett
Brombs Jags Davis Stretch
Keef Monty Leggy
Kabba Hulse Webber

I bet it would work on footy manager too!

Its not difficult.

4 in defence

4 in midfield

2 upfront.

Sadly not matter what system we play there will be 0% movement off the ball and Wazzock will put out the wrong team.

Until he goes we will not perform under any formation.

Sharpy said:
Sadly not matter what system we play there will be 0% movement off the ball and Wazzock will put out the wrong team.

Yeah, let's get them youngsters in there.

They'll know what to do ;)

Sharpy said:
Its not difficult.

4 in defence

4 in midfield

2 upfront.

Until he goes we will not perform under any formation.

Call me crazy, but I'm starting the think that you may be harbouring a very well hidden lack of belief in the manager.

These cryptic posts don't fool me.

NO WAY! I love neil, cant get enough of the guy.

Get him in Andy Townsends Tactics Truck and teach him a few things.

Townsend is a propper clown, he is the reason that i stopped listening to talk sport...well actually it was a combination of him, Alvin Martin, Mike Parry, Rod Marsh and Paul Breen Turner.

Its a good station.

Keep warnock, he did well for us. Although i do think the current formation isn't working obviously. We need a strong partner for Hulsey, maybe Healy? In the meantime I'd put kabba up there or if not webbs.

I'm surprised at the constant calls for a new striker, i think that we have an abundance of options in that position. Surely the problem is the lack of creativity?

I also think we should stick with Warnock BTW.

The new striker thing is getting a bit boring, people say Warnick is obsessed by strikers. But at the moment it's people on here that are obsessed with them even though we have 5 perfectly good ones who 3 of which we know can score goals a plenty (Hulse, Webber, Kabba) and two that are up and coming (CKR & Nade). The other ones we have are either injured (Ships), need to be moulded into first team players (Marrison) or crap (Guess who??? :D).
We do need a creative midfielder that is a big part of the problem and the other thing we need is luck (which all teams need and some get more than others).
The goals will come, I just hope it's not too late when they do.

Keep warnock, he did well for us
Exactly, Past tense.

Blind Loyalty just because he got us up is not the way to go.

I still stick by the opinion that he should have left at the end of the 03-04 season.

I heard a big rumour that warnock turned down koumas in the summer for 1.5 million, if that is true then thats another clanger dropped.

Sharpy said:
Exactly, Past tense.

Blind Loyalty just because he got us up is not the way to go.

I still stick by the opinion that he should have left at the end of the 03-04 season.

I heard a big rumour that warnock turned down koumas in the summer for 1.5 million, if that is true then thats another clanger dropped.

Noticed you metioned Koumas AGAIN :D
Obsessed isn't the word, Stalker is starting to come into it :D

He got us promoted last season, if he'd have left at the end of the 03-04 season then who knows what might have happened.
Keeping loyal to a manager is one of the hardest things a Board of directors has to do. And as has been proved by Ferguson at Manure it works in the long run.
If warnock would have gone we might (I know we might not as well) have had 4 or 5 managers since then failing to live up to the (Stupidly) high expectations of fans who can't see that we are playing against the best in the world and every club we play is trying to do the same as us and win as many matches as possible. Football isn't easy, if it was it would be boring. Sometimes you have to move backa bit to go forward and maybe thats what we are doing now. Judge at the end of the season, things could be wonderfull in 3 weeks if we get good results, then everyone (Maybe not you Sharpy) will be praising NW to the heavens.

SensibladeWorldOfSoccer said:
Noticed you metioned Koumas AGAIN :D
Obsessed isn't the word, Stalker is starting to come into it :D
I'd be worried if we signed Koumas, it all smells fishy to me.

:D :D :D

Oh god I said koumas again, lets think. Who would you prefer out Leggy and Koumas? hmmm.

And as has been proved by Ferguson at Manure it works in the long run.
Slight difference there in that Fergs is a world class manager, warnock is a tactical emergency.

every club we play is trying to do the same as us and win as many matches as possible
I suggest you watch some more teams....such as reading. We are trying to defend games out playing 1 upfront, most other teams tend not to do this.

Sometimes you have to move backa bit to go forward and maybe thats what we are doing now
We dont look like going forward to me, off the pitch yes but the style and quality of football we play is far far far far far far far worse than it was say in the tripple assault season. Which is very worrying.

Judge at the end of the season
When we will be relegated, are you honestly telling me you think we have a hope in hells chance of staying up with the current way were playing?

4 4 2 is the way to go as everything else isnt working.

Sharpy said:
Oh god I said koumas again, lets think. Who would you prefer out Leggy and Koumas? hmmm.
Leggy isn't the ego manic that Koumas comes across as, so Leggy

Slight difference there in that Fergs is a world class manager, warnock is a tactical emergency.
When Ferguson was nearly sacked noone knew/thought he was world class

I suggest you watch some more teams....such as reading. We are trying to defend games out playing 1 upfront, most other teams tend not to do this.
So when we have more chances against Arsenal than Reading you say we are more negative

We dont look like going forward to me, off the pitch yes but the style and quality of football we play is far far far far far far far worse than it was say in the tripple assault season. Which is very worrying.
Tactics do need to improve I agree totally

When we will be relegated, are you honestly telling me you think we have a hope in hells chance of staying up with the current way were playing?
I do think we can stay up because I think we can improve with what we have and a lot of teams near us can't, Watford & Charlton being two

Back
Top Bottom