30,000 average attendance

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

With one match to go and an average of 30,009 , are we going to break this figure ? Only been done a handful of times in my 50+ years going to the Lane , and , as most will be aware , hasn't been attained in 55+ years by the S6 lot .

By my reckoning we need 29,838 for the Spurs game . Usually there is an upturn in numbers for the final game of the season , but have we put the kibosh on this with performances and charging over £40 for the remaining adult tickets ?
No accurate attendances at Lane as they always include ST holders wether they attend or not!

Just Yesterday on FB for some reason I keep getting notifications from a Leeds United webpage pop up. Believe me I’ve blocked one already but I’ve got something now from a LUFC Belfast supporters forum hitting my fb now. Yesterday it showed the highest away following in English football. It was Leeds United 2800ish. Followed by … yes. The pigs. They were 59 behind. Just 59 behind, one were top 3 all season others were bottom 3 all season. Why the pigs travel like they do I don’t know but it shows me yet again how over hyped Leeds support is for the size of the city and the huge catchment area they have to drag fans from. By FAR the most over hyped fanbase in the country Leeds
I think both Wednesday and united fans are together on this....fuck Leeds hope they stay down.

What does Forest hold? Surprised they're slightly below us. The other 6 have shite stadiums so you'd understand them figures.
Bout 29k ain't it. There's is sold out every single game at the minute including all returned season tickets, even there cup games too. Over 10k on a season ticket waiting list as well. Gone through the roof there demand to go. They've put the season tickets up ridiculously as well for next season and they weren't too far off going down.

Safety concerns lower it to 34k and falling
Go to the prem though and theyll end up with handouts to get the stadium to standard.

Only time theyve spent owt on it ever.

No accurate attendances at Lane as they always include ST holders wether they attend or not!

Which as we know include all the cheap youth tickets that an awful lot of our fans buy each year to retain the seats availability. My dad buys two for his grandchildren, who rarely attend - and I know he's not the only one by far.

We've had the same set of seats for a decade and a half and it stops giving them up, then when someone wants to come and gets a seat elsewhere, we know there are seats bang next to us they can come sit in.

isnt wednesdays capacity round about 33k nowadays ? i also cant understand their fanatical away followings have to say the 7400 at ewood was impressive for a relegation threatened team we only took 4.5 to preston last season when we were allocated 6k and we were going for promotion they definetly travel better than us which ive always thought strange when weve 23k season ticket holders having said that went past the leppings lane stand last week and it looks like its falling apart mind should have been pulled down straight after the hillsborough disaster

I can’t believe it’s 1968 since the last time they averaged over 30000. Bearing in mind that was the last of the Sheffield men going to the lane one week and Hillsboro the next.

They're the weirdest fanbase I know. In my lifetime we've always seemed to average more but away games or the odd big game they come outta no where?

That season they pipped us to automatics in 11/12 they average around 21k. Last game of the season against Wycombe they got 38k at home.

I won't even start on the Wembley day trippers.

Odd support.
Demographics play a big part here. I’d say Wednesday comfortably still have 25-50% more people identifying as owls in Sheffield than blades. But most from the north and east side of the city that’s had a rough few decades. Vast majority can’t afford today’s prices. I’m no snob, I don’t blame them all, prices are ridiculous at Hillsborough. I don’t think anyone can say they have bad support given the utter crap they’ve been served up for twenty years.

But our relative upward trajectory (despite this season) won’t change anytime soon. :cool:

Demographics play a big part here. I’d say Wednesday comfortably still have 25-50% more people identifying as owls in Sheffield than blades. But most from the north and east side of the city that’s had a rough few decades. Vast majority can’t afford today’s prices. I’m no snob, I don’t blame them all, prices are ridiculous at Hillsborough. I don’t think anyone can say they have bad support given the utter crap they’ve been served up for twenty years.

But our relative upward trajectory (despite this season) won’t change anytime soon. :cool:
Yes the prices are a joke but even before Chansiri they didn't average 30k. If they've got so many more fans than us then they'd be touching 30k plus every home game.

Anyone got the home average attendances for both in recent years?

Ffs not this again 😂. Pigs would piss 30k and a lot more if in prem. the prem now days is very very different to what it was last time pigs were init ffs. They’ve just averaged over 26k and been bottom of league entire season. Have a look at our averages when we got 100 points in league 1. People need to stop been a bit fucking deluded tbh. The fact is between 2 very shit teams and very shit run clubs we have just averaged well over 55k between us. It’s not pigs support that’s over hyped it’s Leeds and newcastles with bigger cities /populations and catchment areas that’s over hyped. Pigs have got the strangest fucking fans tho I’ll give them that
Agree 100%. Sheffield doesn’t have much going for it these days but it has to rank as one of the top ten football cities in the world for history, pashun and support.

Yes the prices are a joke but even before Chansiri they didn't average 30k. If they've got so many more fans than us then they'd be touching 30k plus every home game.

Anyone got the home average attendances for both in recent years?
They haven’t been in the Prem in those years.

Didn't they also average less than us in their last visit to the PL?

I don't think they have "25-50%" more fans I think they just have alot of day trippers and big matches the families come out.
Yep they did. But look at every single club in the prem in them days wen pigs were init. Dinosaurs were still roaming, This is what I mean about been as deluded as them arrogant cunts then calling them arrogant deluded cunts lol

Yep they did. But look at every single club in the prem in them days wen pigs were init. Dinosaurs were still roaming, This is what I mean about been as deluded as them arrogant cunts then calling them arrogant deluded cunts lol
Yep. Can’t be bothered to look it up now but if someone has time on their hands, look up the attendences for Everton, Man U, Villa, Spurs etc in the last season Wednesday were there. It will be an eye-opener.

Disagree about the east side of the city as its mostly blades.
Handsworth, darnall , Woodhouse all huge blades areas .
Kiveton and anston huge blades areas .
Wednesday are mostly the North of the city but if you've seen the large Rotherham United flag at games lately it says !!!
Nothing more shameful than a Rotherham owl.
Blades mostly draw local support whereas Wendy dig deep into barnsley, Rotherham, Mexborough etc areas.
Also before anyone forgets ---- wednesday had times in Europe in early 90s and signed players like waddle - di canio- bright etc etc and actually lost the premier league title as blades did the double over them .
They were big spenders back then yet still didn't average 30k .

Back
Top Bottom