24/25 Season Tickets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's a hard decision for me. I have quite serious, complex health issues that mean attending BL is a serious investment of time, energy, and effort. I often ask myself whether it's worth two to three days of my life to attend a match. Whether it's worth sacrificing so many other interests. Like a lot of people, I've fallen out of love with modern football which compounds the negatives.

The converse is that I'd be giving up something that has given me a lot of joy over the years. I have friends and family that go and we'd lose that connection. It's a hard one really. If at some point I do stop renewing it'd be permanent(or until I get my next season ticket). I can't afford matchday prices and I can't really envisage being a "part timer". It'd be easier for me to not bother at all tbh.

Last edited:

I “bet” it isn’t.

Everyone I know will renew, but with low enthusiasm.

I think the squad rebuild will raise interest a bit.

Everyone I know are renewing too but as you say with low enthusiasm.

At least next season is like playing lucky dip, so it’s kind of exciting. I’ve no idea what kind of team we’ll have. As many large contracts are due to expire we could see up to 10 new signings.

I haven’t a clue how we’ll do next season. Expect us to be close to the playoffs but just fall short. However nothing would surprise me from promotion or even relegation. First task is identify the right players and have a good pre-season, at least get the players fit. Also we need to build a team who play to a system. In the past 2 years we’ve looked like a set of decent players who have just met each other.

If my season tickets cost the same as this season £280.00 I will be more than happy to renew..if there is an increase to £300.00 I can just afford that. I am a pensioner. Over that, I will be priced out.
Seriously? I'm a pensioner also but we're not that hard up, 23 home matches works out at less than a pound a game. Spend less on Werther's originals and support the lads.

Seriously? I'm a pensioner also but we're not that hard up, 23 home matches works out at less than a pound a game. Spend less on Werther's originals and support the lads.
How’s about spending less on Horse?

Ideally a prize freeze would be fine and I think the majority of fans would renew if that happened.

Are they gonna be free for existing season ticket holders who've had to endure the absolute dross we've been served up this season ? , if not they should be !!!
Only if you stayed until the final whistle of Newcastle, Villa, Arsenal and both Brighton games and have photo evidence to prove it Verified by BBC Verify.

I will renew, only because it gets me out the house every fortnight. But seriously, I really want to see change at BDTBL. I think this portion of our history needs to be put in the bin now. There’s been a lot of firsts for me this season, never seen us concede 8 goals at home, never seen a SU team throw in the towel so many times, never felt so indifferent about going to the games, never not wanted to see my team on telly, never left a game at BDTBL at half-time before, never booked a holiday while sat in my seat when a games in progress, and last but not least, I’ve never ever felt so embarrassed to be a Blade in 50 years going to the lane…Until this awful bloody season.

Bladesthorpe, some pensioners are ok for money and some are not. with the cost of living etc. I can manage ok because I have a couple of workplace pensions. so my annual income is just under £14,000. you might have more money than me. I have no problem with that of course.

Think the least the club can do is freeze season ticket prices for next year after this seasons shit show

I will renew, only because it gets me out the house every fortnight. But seriously, I really want to see change at BDTBL. I think this portion of our history needs to be put in the bin now. There’s been a lot of firsts for me this season, never seen us concede 8 goals at home, never seen a SU team throw in the towel so many times, never felt so indifferent about going to the games, never not wanted to see my team on telly, never left a game at BDTBL at half-time before, never booked a holiday while sat in my seat when a games in progress, and last but not least, I’ve never ever felt so embarrassed to be a Blade in 50 years going to the lane…Until this awful bloody season.
The only time I missed a few matches because I was not interested was in the L1 season before Wilder.
This year has been poor but from the start there was no expectation of success as there ways was in L1so I have kept going wen I can.

The only time I missed a few matches because I was not interested was in the L1 season before Wilder.
This year has been poor but from the start there was no expectation of success as there ways was in L1so I have kept going wen I can.
Yeah fair comment, but in league1 the club I love so dearly wasn’t held up for world wide ridicule…We all expected to be down the bottom, but to watch this team that represents our beloved club ritually dry bummed every week…hurts like hell.

Last edited:
Think the least the club can do is freeze season ticket prices for next year after this seasons shit show

See your point, would be a good gesture but I suppose it depends on the clubs aims for next season.

Maybe they should put it to the fans.

Would you prefer
No price increase and happy to plod along in mid table (Stoke and Huddersfield have very cheap season tickets and keep freezing their prices but look where they are in the league) or

Small price increase and buy/loan extra players for a promotion push.

This subject often shows up the hypocrisy amongst our fans. Many want us to be ambitious, make sure we buy our targets, if N’Diaye and Berge are wavering on new deals then just give them as extra £5K or £10K a week

But where’s the ambition from the fans, when the club comes asking for an extra £30 to £40 for the year (this is what I’m expecting) then all the excuses come out.

Think this is the reason we’ll struggle to find a buyer because anyone with ambition won’t go down well with the fanbase. From a business point of view we’re arguably a poor investment and it’s a thankless task.

Last edited:
Yeah fair comment, but in league1 the club I love so dearly wasn’t held up for world wide ridicule…We all expected to be down the bottom, but to watch this team that represents our beloved club ritually dry bummed every week…hurts like hell.

True……even from the very 1st match at home to Palace I was shocked how far below the required standard we were. It was clear that without N’Diaye we had no plan or confidence to score.

Also even from day 1 the players looked slightly unfit with no team structure or tactics apart from put most of our players behind the ball to keep the score down.

What a weird season, felt like the covid season, feels like I’m not there because there’s no nerves, no expectation. Felt like watching pre-season friendlies.

Looking forward to next season when the passion and competitive games return.

But where’s the ambition from the fans, when the club comes asking for an extra £30 to £40 for the year (this is what I’m expecting) then all the excuses come out.

The excuses would come out as putting things up at the higher end of what you suggest there simply doesn't add up in terms of being able to make the slightest bit of difference. An extra £40 across, say, 20,000 season tickets, generates an extra £800k. This might have got you a player that makes a difference 30 years ago, not today unless you hit precisely on someone from overseas who has a three-sigma outcome in terms of rapid improvement, i.e. you find a new Ndiaye who works immediately. That said, looking at the post immediately above, that's kind of what we tried last summer and people are happy to shit on that approach as well.

The state pension is roughly half the minimum living wage if you have been good and topped up with a private pension then you pay tax on your income and are not eligible to claim pension credit which can amount to around £3900. Thinking about it I might as well have not paid full NI contributions and drawn a few quid less state pension not bothered paying into a private pension and claimed pension credit. I don't get any help from anywhere apart from a bus pass, no free glasses, no free dental treatment, nothing. Any pensioner just getting full state pension will find money very tight as they are just over the threshold to claim additional help.

See your point, would be a good gesture but I suppose it depends on the clubs aims for next season.

Maybe they should put it to the fans.

Would you prefer
No price increase and happy to plod along in mid table (Stoke and Huddersfield have very cheap season tickets and keep freezing their prices but look where they are in the league) or

Small price increase and buy/loan extra players for a promotion push.

This subject often shows up the hypocrisy amongst our fans. Many want us to be ambitious, make sure we buy our targets, if N’Diaye and Berge are wavering on new deals then just give them as extra £5K or £10K a week

Think this is the reason we’ll struggle to find a buyer because anyone with ambition won’t go down well with the fanbase. From a business point of view we’re arguably a poor investment and it’s a thankless task.

Say 22k renewals at £40. Strip the vat out, £733k. Not going to fund many players.

Fortunately it isn’t every week that we are awful and occasionally we win. On that basis the less than sensible part of me will get in the car on Saturday and drive to Sheffield on the basis that “we might win “!

You haven't bought a season ticket or bought a single ticket in the last few years so why are you still here criticising the club?

I went to WBA home last season and Cardiff and pne, so I went to more home games than Peinceh.

If its good enough for the owner to stay away its good enough for me, the kids want to go when we start winning so may go next year kicking and screaming

Back
Top Bottom