103 days

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BalticBlade

Reaction score
It is now 103 days since we clinched promotion to the Premier League, which makes our lack of preparedness for the coming season even more shocking and unacceptable.

That gaves us a 30+ day head start on the rest of the Premier League (with the exception of Burnley) in terms of planning for the season, but we're so far behind where we should be it's a joke.

With this woeful lack of progress so far, there isn't much hope of much changing in the five days between now and the Palace match, or in the 25 days which remain in this transfer window.

Feel so sorry for Hecky having to contend with all this.

It is now 103 days since we clinched promotion to the Premier League, which makes our lack of preparedness for the coming season even more shocking and unacceptable.

That gaves us a 30+ day head start on the rest of the Premier League (with the exception of Burnley) in terms of planning for the season, but we're so far behind where we should be it's a joke.

With this woeful lack of progress so far, there isn't much hope of much changing in the five days between now and the Palace match, or in the 25 days which remain in this transfer window.

Feel so sorry for Hecky having to contend with all this.
Unless we could have splashed the cash it was always going to be this way.
Hecki said it !!

We identified Anis Slimane 2 months before we were promoted, he had already started watching our matched as he stated in an interview.

It's not a supermarket, you don't just go and pick a player up and take him to the check-out, especially when (as we all know) we are shopping in Aldi!

A lot of people seem to be complaining we haven't spent loads of cash, like Notts Forest, who finished 4th from bottom anyway.

We still have 40 odd million spent from the last time, on McBurnie and Berge. What are we supposed to do, buy them again?

A lot of people seem to be complaining we haven't spent loads of cash, like Notts Forest, who finished 4th from bottom anyway.

We still have 40 odd million spent from the last time, on McBurnie and Berge. What are we supposed to do, buy them again?

Is the team/squad stonger or weaker than it was 103 days ago?

I don’t think people are saying we haven’t splashed the cash. We all know the current financial situation but I have to agree we do look very unprepared

Is the team/squad stonger or weaker than it was 103 days ago?

Is it possible to be stronger when your main attacker wanted to leave and did? Good news, we have time to replace that position.

What other teams had this and replaced them within a week?

I get your point & we could have been more proactive. I think the issue is that we don’t have a recruitment team that’s big enough to pull off the amount of deals (Inc new contracts) that we’ve had to do within the time period we’ve had.

The transfer market is slow at the moment, multiple teams in the Prem have hardly signed anyone. Ultimately things happen at the end of the window for a reason.

NDiaye saying he was signing a new contract and then doing a U turn is really unhelpful too.

We've strengthened one area in the team from what I can see, which is LCB.

Time will tell on what Larouci and Slimane bring to the table but in any case I would have expected us to be out all guns blazing last week to sign a couple of midfielders and Ndiaye's replacement, which we will have known we needed from last weekend.

Maybe we were but it doesn't seem like we are that much closer on anything, than we were this time next week. Eyes are on the board now, and we know who to blame if we start the season as we are. Hecky is doing his best.

Is it possible to be stronger when your main attacker wanted to leave and did? Good news, we have time to replace that position.

What other teams had this and replaced them within a week?

Ok. Supposing we still had Ndiaye, would the starting XI/squad be stronger than the one which finished last season?

I think some people don’t care who we sign as long as we sign someone!

I’m sure we could sign a load of crap to add numbers to the squad, but we need quality not quantity!

Good players are always likely to take a bit of time because they have other clubs interested.

That’s my second favourite Craig David song… lyrics get a bit hard to remember though.

Back
Top Bottom