Who would you sign

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Right obviously we need to sign some players and we will probably go for free signings as per usual . But if it was up to you and you had the money which 5 players would you sign . I'm not looking for stupid answers like Ronaldo , messi , aguero etc I'm looking for realistic signings and why.
My five would be George moncur we all know we were allegedly trying to sign him but I think he is a cracking player . With the amount of goals he got for a poor relegation team . My second would be Dan burn we all know we have tried to sign him a lot but he's a free agent now . My third would be Gordon Greer he's a cracking experienced centre back who should be good in our league he is also a free agent now . My fourth signing would be Jack Payne ( the Southend one ) cracking young midfielder who gets goals and played well against us this season . My fith signing would be lee Gregory from milwall great striker , struggled at beginning of campaign but soon became milwalls best player and highest goal scorer

Jack Payne was impressive for Southend against us. We want players like him, proven players at this level on the way up. Not injured has beens on their way down.

Kev, get one of your minions to change a few Euros eh? - Chris wants to sign Lee Gregory...

KMcC: "No worries"...

S
eriously though, would love Gregory here (but no chance).

My 5: Nelson, Pierre, Holmes, O'Toole, D'Ath.

Lee Holmes, Graham Carey, Jack Payne, John Akinde, Adam Smith, Matt Kilgallon?, Adam Barton, Kyle Bennet, Harry Maguire, Connor Coady

Joe Lewis, Dan Burn, Mark Beevers, Alex Gilbey, Graham Carey.

(Tommy Spurr, Aaron Phillips, Anthony Forde, Mark Duffy, John Akinde)

We don't need much.

Lee Gregory is huge Blades supporter and would crawl on his hands and knees from London to play for us. Wages wouldn't be an issue.

Could we/ would we match Milwall's asking price however? .............

Nah, not a chance.

Personally I think we're going to need more than 5.

GK - Joe Lewis - Free
CB - Curtis Nelson - Free
CB - Ryan Tafazoli- Free
LB - Kgosi Ntlhe - Free
CM - Cameron McGeehan - Relatively small fee
CM - Romaine Sawyers - Free
RM - Anthony Forde - Free
ST- Tammy Abraham - Loan

Lewis
Brayford - Nelson - Tafazoli - Ntlhe
Forde - Sawyers - McGeehan - Adams
Abraham - Sharp

Long, Basham, Scougall, Whiteman, McNulty, Done, DCL

Wallace, Freeman, J.Wallace, Woolford
Coutts, Hammond, Diego (all transfer listed)
Reed, Kelly

Squad of 27 including those listed. Then it would obviously depend on how many of those listed
can be offloaded be it loan or permanent. The squad would ideally end up at around 22/23 players.

GK - Joe Lewis - Free
CB - Ryan Tafazoli- Free
LB - Kgosi Ntlhe - Free
ST- Tammy Abraham - Loan

Lewis
Abraham - Sharp

Reed, Kelly

Squad of 27 including those listed. Then it would obviously depend on how many of those listed
can be offloaded be it loan or permanent. The squad would ideally end up at around 22/23 players.

Sawyers available for free??
He'll be in championship without a doubt

Sawyers available for free??
He'll be in championship without a doubt
I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to think that we may have a chance. Not last season, but the season before Bristol City were able to attract the likes of Kieran Agard for example, when he so easily could have gone straight to the championship from Rotherham.

I hoping for a big signing......................

_80088838_adebayo_akinfenwa.jpg

GK - Joe Lewis - Free
CB - Ryan Tafazoli- Free
LB - Kgosi Ntlhe - Free
ST- Tammy Abraham - Loan

Lewis
Abraham - Sharp

Reed, Kelly

Tammy Abraham is a great shout. I can't see being imaginative as club to go for players like this though.

Tammy Abraham is a great shout. I can't see being imaginative as club to go for players like this though.
Me either. In fact I can almost certainly say we won't. 46 goals in 42 games in the Chelsea youth set up. He won't be ready to be involved with their first team yet.

Perfect time for a loan to a club like us, where he'll be able to carry on developing, continue scoring and gain a lot of senior experience at the same time. We only need to look at examples like MK Dons with Afobe as to the potential effectiveness of this approach.

Tommy Spurr and Chris Taylor just released from Blackburn, the Scarlett Pimpernell that is Dan Burn, Mark Duffy from Brum, and Greer from Brighton for that solid know how at the back. If i could have a couple more i would go with Nelson the Plymouth centre half and possibly Carey (divisional player of season) now that they have missed out. Sawyers at Walsall would have been nice to have but not sure hes worth the money it would take to bring in. And why only five to come in...we cpuld do with about 10.

Tommy Spurr and Chris Taylor just released from Blackburn, the Scarlett Pimpernell that is Dan Burn, Mark Duffy from Brum, and Greer from Brighton for that solid know how at the back. If i could have a couple more i would go with Nelson the Plymouth centre half and possibly Carey (divisional player of season) now that they have missed out. Sawyers at Walsall would have been nice to have but not sure hes worth the money it would take to bring in. And why only five to come in...we cpuld do with about 10.
Oh and a decent goalkeeper to challenge George in the sticks. Georgio has potential but thats all it is at the moment potential. I would try and get Lewis as hes a half decent keeper and they could battle it out this season with Ramsdale hopefully going out on loan to gain experience. Hopefully Rammy will be the one for us long term as he is a sensational prospect. Id like Westwood to be honest...but somehow cant see that happening....

Moncur I'll go to Barnsley now their up
Millwall will want 1million plus for Gregory
Honestly dont think Moncur is all that to be honest. A lot of bluster about someone who turns it on on his day but often goes missing in games. Hes just played for a relegated side so that also points to the fact thay he isnt all that. The pit dwellers from North Pigsborough are welcome to the lad. Moncur...not for me.

theres plenty of options ,hundreds of players available , Chris,s or is that Chrises ,job is to get the blend right , we have been missing a minder a ball winner , a nut cruncher that all good sides need , team work will be everything with just a soupcon of quality anda more clinical front line, but with the midfield adding more goals , something that really needs addressing

Colchester fans rate Gilbey higher than Moncur.

He's more of an all rounder too which is what we need.

Colchester fans rate Gilbey higher than Moncur.

He's more of an all rounder too which is what we need.
Strange u should say that as i also know a Colchester fan through work and they also echo what you mentioned about them thinking more of Gilbey. Mind u he didnt rate Porter so what does he know about football.......:rolleyes:

I think I've read somewhere that Semedo is out-of-contract.

If he is (and if he hasn't already gone elsewhere - I don't follow these things closely), then him.

No other older players, thanks.

I think I've read somewhere that Semedo is out-of-contract.

If he is (and if he hasn't already gone elsewhere - I don't follow these things closely), then him.

No other older players, thanks.

I mentioned Semedo as soon as they released him. Strong and athletic, would be great in front of a young defence and keeper... Ex pigs ain't don't too badly for us!

Whatever happened to that Brayford fella we were signing?

I mentioned Semedo as soon as they released him. Strong and athletic, would be great in front of a young defence and keeper... Ex pigs ain't don't too badly for us!
One I suggested too, or someone in a similar mould at least. Don't really wanna go down the route of signing older cast offs but he always seemed a very decent player at this level

Not seen many names in the way of defensive midfielders - and we definitely need one. Samedo's a good shout. He's a bit fresh out of the sty though, and was a very loyal pig.

Maybe Neil Danns could do a job?

Back
Top Bottom