What is DCL position?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dominic has played in most positions for the blades as he is a versatile player who is comfortable on the ball.I thought he would settle down to be an attacking midfield player,but he has been playing centre forward for over 12 months now ,he has a great leap and is a good header of the ball.He is also skillfull and can manipulate the ball As he is still a bit lightweight he,s playing wide left (that's where northampton played hI'm and he scored a few goals).He's not ready yet for the physical battle which is part of the roll of a centre forward (still developing physically).He's a player of real potential but needs to be used carefully at this stage of his career. I just hope when he plays at the lane the boo boys don't start on him (like sammon) if he makes a few mistakes as all young players do.When will the boo boys ever learn that's it counter productive to get on players backs!!. Probably never as they are all on top of there jobs whatever career they have (sorry about the rant at the end but some fans get my back up.

Dominic has played in most positions for the blades as he is a versatile player who is comfortable on the ball.I thought he would settle down to be an attacking midfield player,but he has been playing centre forward for over 12 months now ,he has a great leap and is a good header of the ball.He is also skillfull and can manipulate the ball As he is still a bit lightweight he,s playing wide left (that's where northampton played hI'm and he scored a few goals).He's not ready yet for the physical battle which is part of the roll of a centre forward (still developing physically).He's a player of real potential but needs to be used carefully at this stage of his career. I just hope when he plays at the lane the boo boys don't start on him (like sammon) if he makes a few mistakes as all young players do.When will the boo boys ever learn that's it counter productive to get on players backs!!. Probably never as they are all on top of there jobs whatever career they have (sorry about the rant at the end but some fans get my back up.

Good point but any player , age , stature , position does not and will not get booed , but encouraged if he tries and gives everything .

The problem is certain players get the fans backs up , due to appearing like they ain't bothered.

We know we are in league 1 with league 1 players , but you can still give your all.

The young kid will be ok and will get 100% backing from the fans.

Again let's not jump on the boo boy , fans a problem band wagon . It gets a bit tiresome and out of order IMO.

UTB

Good point but any player , age , stature , position does not and will not get booed , but encouraged if he tries and gives everything .

The problem is certain players get the fans backs up , due to appearing like they ain't bothered.

We know we are in league 1 with league 1 players , but you can still give your all.

The young kid will be ok and will get 100% backing from the fans.

Again let's not jump on the boo boy , fans a problem band wagon . It gets a bit tiresome and out of order IMO.

UTB

Agree totally mate ......

The players who get it in the ear from the fans almost always deserve it due to poor attitude and lack of effort.

UTB & FTP

Tell ya what.
How about something slightly radical and a bit controversial.

Why not just leave the criticism, the name calling, the booing, the slagging off of the players on the pitch, BDTBL or away and get behind the team selected as one, we are after all "United" or is that a bit too much for some to understand?

By all means air/vent your frustrations after the match, in the pubs and on here, but during the match? Leave it out, you're just making yerself look ridiculous.

Maybe you wanna have a word with the boo boys who got on his back at Donny yesterday in the first 10mins!!

Tell ya what.

Why not just leave the criticism, the name calling, the booing, the slagging off of the players on the pitch, BDTBL or away and get behind the team selected as one, we are after all "United" or is that a bit too much for some to understand?

By all means air/vent your frustrations after the match, in the pubs and on here, but during the match? Leave it out, you're just making yerself look ridiculous.
Who me?............what you talking about
image.jpeg

Tell ya what.

I don't agree with slagging off the younger players during the match at all regardless of the effort they're putting in as it is very detrimental to confidence, but if some of the older pro's can't be bothered to show a bit of passion then they deserve all they get - as long as it isn't way over the line.

I don't agree with slagging off the younger players during the match at all regardless of the effort they're putting in as it is very detrimental to confidence, but if some of the older pro's can't be bothered to show a bit of passion then they deserve all they get - as long as it isn't way over the line.

Define "passion" - is your personal view different to what other's would regard?

I.e effort. A lot of our players clearly haven't been showing enough of it this season.

Passion = effort.

Okay, I take that on board. Now, these players, who, in your opinion haven't shown enough passion/effort this season?

Passion = effort.

Okay, I take that on board. Now, these players, who, in your opinion haven't shown enough passion/effort this season?
I can only speak for part of the season, personally, but some of the losses I went to at the lane earlier in the season the majority of the side weren't showing enough effort. I'm staggered you're even questioning it, to be honest. I didn't think it was up for debate.

I can only speak for part of the season, personally, but some of the losses I went to at the lane earlier in the season the majority of the side weren't showing enough effort. I'm staggered you're even questioning it, to be honest. I didn't think it was up for debate.

It's not a debate. It's a question.
Passion = effort, that's your personal view. Yes?

Were they only in defeats that they weren't showing enough passion, and only at BDTBL?
Who?

It's not a trick question, it's your opinion.

If you asked the question to anyone and they couldn't give an answer because they hadn't seen the matches they were quoting about, player's work rate, effort, passion etc, you'd question their knowledge, motives, reliability, judgement etc etc, yes? Could you then take them seriously, just by them writing in hindsight or from limited tv appearances or from other supporter's perspectives?

Were they only in defeats that they weren't showing enough passion, and only at BDTBL?
Who?

If you asked the question to anyone and they couldn't give an answer because they hadn't seen the matches they were quoting about, player's work rate, effort, passion etc, you'd question their knowledge, motives, reliability, judgement etc etc, yes? Could you then take them seriously, just by them writing in hindsight or from limited tv appearances or from other supporter's perspectives?
I'm saying the majority of the side weren't showing as much effort as they could have done. Collins, Edgar, McEveley were some of the main culprits earlier in the season. You're arguing a daft point and you're using silly pedantry to persist with it.

Who?

Guys your taking this well off topic, this is a thread about DCL and what position he plays in, if your going to argue at least argue about the intended topic.
To the topic creator I believe he is a attacking midfielder that can play upfront, alike to Baxter.

I'm saying the majority of the side weren't showing as much effort as they could have done. Collins, Edgar, McEveley were some of the main culprits earlier in the season. You're arguing a daft point and you're using silly pedantry to persist with it.

What was the last match you went to?

Guys your taking this well off topic, this is a thread about DCL and what position he plays in, if your going to argue at least argue about the intended topic.
To the topic creator I believe he is a attacking midfielder that can play upfront, alike to Baxter.

I'll be watching for you to appear on every thread that goes off the OP and doesn't remain on topic.
Deal?

As for arguing, I was asking the Venerable Barney about his thoughts on "passion" ....

as for DCL, let's hope he can remain part of a winning XI, as personally, I wasn't there yesterday so couldn't really make a valid opinion.

as for DCL, let's hope he can remain part of a winning XI, as personally, I wasn't there yesterday so couldn't really make a valid opinion.
...yeah but what position do you think he actually plays? That was the original question :p you've posted 6 times already and not one post had anything to do with the question. ;) Same does go to Barney btw :D Respect the topic creator ... and answer his question :)
20150307-l-dominic-calvert-lewin135-2323282_478x359.jpg

...yeah but what position do you think he actually plays? That was the original question :p you've posted 6 times already and not one post had anything to do with the question. ;) Same does go to Barney btw :D Respect the topic creator ... and answer his question :)
20150307-l-dominic-calvert-lewin135-2323282_478x359.jpg

What's with all the jelly-tots and a photo from last season?
Don't answer. I have a life yet to live.

I think DCL has the potential of being the next Alan Roberts.

Back
Top Bottom