Warning to fans from Chesterfield FC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Football will never begin to shake its bad image whilever sockets like this lot exist. So if you are a Sheffield United fan you are obviously going to cause trouble?

I've sat as an away fan in many grounds home ends and so long as you keep yourself to yourself there is no trouble. 99% have to suffer because 1% are stupid. Thats the right way to go about things.

• Banned
3 of us Geordie Blades sat in the home stand next to the away end at Hartlepool a couple of season back (when Ched scored the winner from the spot in the 80th min?) and we had to sit very quiet for most of the game and when the penalty was scored it got a bit hairy; the vemon from the home supporters who appeared from the far end of the stand and congregating on the terrace in front of us was, well ridiculous.
They even tried to get at a Blade who was ejected from the away end by the Police/Stewards!
A bloke behind us had realised we were Blades and just said I'm a Liverpool fan and winked :)

Does anyone else think that this heavy handed approach from Chessie just ramps up tensions and makes the situation far worse?

Chesterfield is a derby game, yes. But not like t'pigs or even Leeds...many fans have pals who they are going with who are Chesterfield fans..I know of a handful who go to both teams home games...

It's a culture of fear.

• Banned
Does anyone else think that this heavy handed approach from Chessie just ramps up tensions and makes the situation far worse?

Chesterfield is a derby game, yes. But not like t'pigs or even Leeds...many fans have pals who they are going with who are Chesterfield fans..I know of a handful who go to both teams home games...

It's a culture of fear.

As usual it's blow up out of all proportion and as been said elsewhere, if Chesterfield FC had been smarter and not restricted away tickets to one area of their ground, they could have had a sell out crowd and all the profit which comes with a full house!
Instead of 'embracing' the extra away support and managing the situation they've created a problem.

And this action is going to cause problems:
"A number of people who purchased tickets for home areas of the stadium have subsequently been identified as Sheffield United fans. They have now been advised that their tickets have been blocked, preventing them from entering the stadium."

Last edited:
So how do they know theyre blades fans, have SUFC been sharing their database?

Stood on the tivoli many moons ago with a complete bunch of toyTown Neanderthals watching the Blades, was fine untill some twat rang me and greasy chip butty started ringing out on their Kop, never seen my mate dissapear so fast

• Banned
So how do they know theyre blades fans, have SUFC been sharing their database?

Stood on the tivoli many moons ago with a complete bunch of toyTown Neanderthals watching the Blades, was fine untill some twat rang me and greasy chip butty started ringing out on their Kop, never seen my mate dissapear so fast

Hmmm; Big Brother???

Football will never begin to shake its bad image whilever sockets like this lot exist. So if you are a Sheffield United fan you are obviously going to cause trouble?

I've sat as an away fan in many grounds home ends and so long as you keep yourself to yourself there is no trouble. 99% have to suffer because 1% are stupid. Thats the right way to go about things.

You are correct , it is only a small minority, but then after witnessing a few scuffles/fights at Wembley last April of BLADES FIGHTING BLADES, what does anyone expect of the authorities? - some fans, including Blades are just stupid and thick and there is no other way to describe them.

UTB

Hmmm; Big Brother???

more likely Chezy ofered the Blades a few quid to access their database. Didnt they break data protection before about something? Maybe giving out the DB to some marketing firm or other.

Who do Chesterfield think they are? Personally I now hope there are Blades everywhere and it is a nightmare for them to control. Perhaps in future they will think about giving us more than 1900 tickets.

Interestingly, because as well as the SUFC database, I'm also on both the NUFC and SAFC databases (I have a NE postcode and receive regular 'marketing' emails from both) and have purchased tickets for games at both these clubs, so does that classify me as a Blade, a Mag and a Mackem and if I had purchased a ticket from CFC would they have blocked my ticket????

Actually I've answered my own question as I'm on the SUFC database :( assuming that's how they've got their info!

Also, would NUFC block me from buying tickets for the SAFC game or vice versa? (I've never tried this by the way)

If people on Twitter hadn't been broadcasting everywhere, most of them would have got away with it.

There'll still be plenty in the home end I reckon. It would have been fairly easy to get hold of some if I'd needed to.

It's an absolute embarrassment for them, surely when a lot of Sheffield postcodes started signing up a week before we played 'em & ordering tickets for the home ends they must have suspected something?

Not too sure on the confidentiality issues but why not cross-map with SUFC as to what customers they had on their records beforehand who were attempting to purchase tickets for the home end?

On another note why not avoid the problem ever happening by doing what other clubs (ourselves included in the past) and make the deal whereby a person must attend the previous three home games to gain a ticket for Saturday?

Looking forward to the chants of "Bladesmen gi us a wave, Bladesmen Bladesmen gi us a wave"

It's an absolute embarrassment for them, surely when a lot of Sheffield postcodes started signing up a week before we played 'em & ordering tickets for the home ends they must have suspected something?

Not too sure on the confidentiality issues but why not cross-map with SUFC as to what customers they had on their records beforehand who were attempting to purchase tickets for the home end?

On another note why not avoid the problem ever happening by doing what other clubs (ourselves included in the past) and make the deal whereby a person must attend the previous three home games to gain a ticket for Saturday?

Looking forward to the chants of "Bladesmen gi us a wave, Bladesmen Bladesmen gi us a wave"

As I said earlier; if Chesterfield FC had been smarter and not restricted away tickets to one area of their ground, they could have had a sell out crowd and all the profit which comes with a full house!
Instead of 'embracing' the extra away support and managing the situation they've created a problem.

As I said earlier; if Chesterfield FC had been smarter and not restricted away tickets to one area of their ground, they could have had a sell out crowd and all the profit which comes with a full house!
had an email from them this morning telling me our tickets have been blocked.nothing on their on line ticket site stating that we couldn't buy tickets in the east stand.accepted the booking on monday and its took em till today to block em.manager who blocked em is out of office at the moment.wonder why?

had an email from them this morning telling me our tickets have been blocked.nothing on their on line ticket site stating that we couldn't buy tickets in the east stand.accepted the booking on monday and its took em till today to block em.manager who blocked em is out of office at the moment.wonder why?

Hmmm yet they were quite happy to take your money!!!!

They may have selected certain postcodes and just guessed. Ring them and tell them you don't support either club and demand the tickets be unblocked as you are a neutral (e.g a student,support another club....even go down and put presuure on them). If they won't budge,I assume they will have issued you a full refund already ?

which they should now refund. I wonder what 'proof' they have that these fans are Blades ?
still waiting for the manager to come into the office.the email states the tickets are blocked until i can prove i'm a bonifide chesterfield supporter.

Why is Chesterfield v Sheffield United even classed as a derby game. Different City, different county, no real history of rivalry.

I thought true derby games were those from the same city. All others are just grudge matches (Liverpool/Man Utd, Ipswich/Norwich).

To paraphrase what I said earlier; CFC have fucked up here!
An opportunity for a full house and more income lost due to piss poor ticket management.

Until they started blocking tickets I'd have said the announcement was just Chez covering their backs - that if there was no bother on the day, they'd have happily let things be but if there was trouble, the caveat was there to get heavy handed.

I'm assuming they'd left it late to cancel so people didn't come up with another scheme to get tickets.

They may have selected certain postcodes and just guessed. Ring them and tell them you don't support either club and demand the tickets be unblocked as you are a neutral (e.g a student,support another club....even go down and put presuure on them). If they won't budge,I assume they will have issued you a full refund already ?

Agree fully. I have been to a couple of Chessie games back when we didn't play on international weekends (glory days!!) so presumably on both databases. I aint going Saturday but if my ticket was blocked I would argue it vehemently.

I'm intrigued. What evidence would constitute proof ?? A tattoo of the crooked spire? A receipt from Calow miner's welfare? An 'I visited Bolser castle ' mug?
It does not concern me personally but I'd read with interest a legal opinion on this and I hope you get sorted Heelegerman pal (er I mean youth, duck)

still waiting for the manager to come into the office.the email states the tickets are blocked until i can prove i'm a bonifide chesterfield supporter.
Just say "mi duck" a lot, you'll be fine. Mention John Duncan and David Elleray as well.

I'm intrigued. What evidence would constitute proof ?? A tattoo of the crooked spire? A receipt from Calow miner's welfare? An 'I visited Bolser castle ' mug?
It does not concern me personally but I'd read with interest a legal opinion on this and I hope you get sorted Heelegerman pal (er I mean youth, duck)
Say that you have watched Chesterfield since the days of Moss and Randall!

Until they started blocking tickets I'd have said the announcement was just Chez covering their backs - that if there was no bother on the day, they'd have happily let things be but if there was trouble, the caveat was there to get heavy handed.

I'm assuming they'd left it late to cancel so people didn't come up with another scheme to get tickets.
I think the whole thing is a discrace!
Remember a few years back when Palace gave us the whole one side of their ground (Warnock was their manager and we were after the last play-off spot), moving their fans in the process. They got a bumper crowd (and payday) as we filled the whole of that stand!

Back
Top Bottom