Updates from Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm not sure why the club/manager are surprised. If you leave it until the last minute to get players in, then of course the prices are going to go up and other clubs are reluctant to sell. It's fucking obvious. Other clubs know you are desperate so bump the price up even for a bang average player. It's quite simple, you either pay it or you don't. The only club I know who crumble after 2 bids for a player is us. Our business should of been done 3 weeks ago, but we fall into the same trap time and time again. It's why we end up with a load of shit every season, and get progressively worse.

Does seem the goalposts have changed a lot in the last few weeks.....CW was quoted as saying he will hope to have 2 in then nothing happens....then 3 in...bids for players....now prices are ridiculous.

The bid for Webster was ridiculous. He has just signed a new contract - why not go for him in the summer?

I am a bit concerned at some of CW's judgements on players so far - not just the signings but the fact he opted to retain Brayford and Long and then 2 weeks into the season he is looking to shift both on.

I do fear it will be a case of same old, same old by this time next week. We had bids in but could not get them over the line. I know we brought a lot in over the summer but we had to just to replace those leaving and a lot more left than came in.

We are still 4 or 5 players short of even being a respectable league one side that can have a sniff of the playoffs.

That's because the transfer market is currently ridiculous. We should have quoted some equally ridiculous prices for Che.
We did. I'm fairly sure we could get any of our targets if we were prepared to pay over £1m for them but why would our rivals sell us players for the going rate? You'd have to be fucking stupid to do that. It would be like us selling Brayford to Bolton for £350k.
Obviously if we want a player who's decent and under a fairly long contract at their current club they'd only part with him if you offer more than he's worth.
I don't want to sell my car so if I was offered what it was worth, I'd just say no. Offer me double and you can have it.

I hope we charged a 'ridiculous price' for our best young asset.

giphy.gif

I'm not sure why the club/manager are surprised. If you leave it until the last minute to get players in, then of course the prices are going to go up and other clubs are reluctant to sell. It's fucking obvious. Other clubs know you are desperate so bump the price up even for a bang average player. It's quite simple, you either pay it or you don't. The only club I know who crumble after 2 bids for a player is us. Our business should of been done 3 weeks ago, but we fall into the same trap time and time again. It's why we end up with a load of shit every season, and get progressively worse.
If we'd paid the going rate for McFadz we wouldn' hVe been in this mess,scrapping and scraping for the dregs

Spot on Inter except for one point.

I don't think we 'crumble' mate. I think our board are as keen to sell our best assets as other clubs are to buy them. I don't think it ever enters their minds that the best way forward might be to build a team around them.

Talk of trying to hang on to our best but 'when the big clubs come calling/ we can't keep a player if he wants to leave', is just as big a charade as the 'we had several bids in for quality players but just couldn't get them over the line' deadline day routine.

Not for sale at any price. A quote rarely, if ever uttered at Bramall Lane, yet spoken by another club in League One :(

KM : Harry isn't available at any price.
Hull City : Oh ok then bye.

+ 48 hours

KM : You know I said any price, well I lied. £3m should do it.
Hull City : You can have £2.5m or fuck off.
KM : We do take debit card.

I hope we charged a 'ridiculous price' for our best young asset.
HAHAHAHAHA. Peterborough would have, but not club twat.
"Look Kevin, this is our third and final offer. 1mil rising to 1.7mil if he ever plays for Barcelona and scores a goal against Dinamo Bucharest in the Champions League between the 60th and 82nd minute."
"Okay, well, can we have a sell on clause at least?
"No"
"Alright no worries. I'll put him in a taxi now."

KM : Harry isn't available at any price.
Hull City : Oh ok then bye.

+ 48 hours

KM : You know I said any price, well I lied. £3m should do it.
Hull City : You can have £2.5m or fuck off.
KM : We do take debit card.
"What about the .5?"
"You can have that if he ever plays for Bulgaria"
"Deal"

I am a bit concerned at some of CW's judgements on players so far - not just the signings but the fact he opted to retain Brayford and Long and then 2 weeks into the season he is looking to shift both on.
If Wilder had been here longer than a couple of months, I'd be concerned too. But Long has had spells where he's looked to be progressing ok, and then had an absolute fucking stinker of a start to this season. Brayford is/was a class above on paper, but his commitment / heart has dropped off the face of the earth. Wilder has acted quickly enough in my eyes so I'm not concerned, personally.

A manager that had been here longer might have acted in the close season but this is just the price we pay for living in a perpetual state of change.

Spot on Inter except for one point.

I don't think we 'crumble' mate. I think our board are as keen to sell our best assets as other clubs are to buy them. I don't think it ever enters their minds that the best way forward might be to build a team around them.

Talk of trying to hang on to our best but 'when the big clubs come calling/ we can't keep a player if he wants to leave', is just as big a charade as the 'we had several bids in for quality players but just couldn't get them over the line' deadline day routine.

Agree totally with that mate. The only time under this regime where we kept our better players and actually added to the group was the season we got promoted to the Premier League. Every other season we've promised a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget. I knew once Che was sold that this would be another season of misery. That doesn't mean that I'm bigging Che up to be some world beater, but we needed to build a team around him, not sell him at the first instance with no back up plan. I've stuck up for the board many a time, but I've finally realised that we will not progress with these people in charge. They have actually become more of an obstacle than a help (and it honestly pains me to say that).

Christ.,,

:(:(:(

If he carries on like this only update I will want to hear from him is that he has decided to resign.

He needs to seriously up his game both on and off the field, he isn't managing in The Conference now,

Back
Top Bottom