Updates from Adkins PT 212823

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looks like the only way he's going to go is if he resigns then, which is a shame but nothing unexpected.

Good, the last thing we need on top of whatever is wrong at board level, is another manager who hasn't got half the CV of Nigel Adkins. I'm hoping we get a loan in or else the play offs are going to be a stretch.

Beginning of the end when you start talking about the lenght of your contract, 6 months in.

That's my thoughts . Why mention it on Twitter . The bloke will not resign when he can negotiate a good wedge of compensation . Maybe that's why there is no movement on the transfer front , the money is going elsewhere to fund a change of manager , or like with Clough , they are far from being happy with his signings to date , so why sanction more .

Two read into them what you can remarks from Adkins.

Complete mess or this is the benchmark for the future .

UTB

Might be a message to the players.

Remember when Porter was alleged to have told Weir 'I'll be here longer than you'.

Whether that actually happened or not, there is a prevailing attitude amongst modern players that they can oust a manager, indeed often they do.

Might be a message to the players.

Remember when Porter was alleged to have told Weir 'I'll be here longer than you'.

Whether that actually happened or not, there is a prevailing attitude amongst modern players that they can oust a manager, indeed often they do.

I really wish I hadn't sung 'If porter scores we're on the pitch' and 'Benteke is wank, we've got chris porter' now.

It just fed his delusion of grandeur.

I think it would be a big lift for everyone if we brought someone in.

I've not had a conversation with the owners but I suspect the end result for Nigel and myself will be the same.

Now, are Scott or Simon mates with Michael Brown.....

He's had a conversation with both owners they were over the phone and went something like this

Call one..

NA "Hello Kevin it's Nigel,"

KMc "ahh right hello Nigel, what can I do for you"

NA "I want to discuss signings in the loan window"

KMc "right, yes, ... Good idea I was going to get in touch to talk to you about that, .......listen, it's a bit difficult to speak right now I've just teed off at the Royal Golf club in Brussels and its left me a tricky second into the green, can I give you ring back at a more convenient moment?"

NA "no problem boss call back anytime"

KMc "yes. Okay then... Bye"

Call two

NA "hello Your highness its Nigel"

HRH "Nigel?... "

NA. "Nigel... Nigel Adkins..?."

HRH (.....silence.....)

NA. "Manager of Sheffield United?"

HRH " (.....silence....)

NA "the football club?... In England..? "

HRH " Oh! Yes of course sorry yes that thing yes yes. How can I help"

NA "I want discuss signings in the loan window"

HRH "oh.... Well I see... You know it would be better if you went through Jim Phipps for that sort of thing he is much more knowledgeable than me on these matters"

NA " oh well ok if you're sure?"

HRH "yes yes much better to speak to him, errrr can I ask how you got this number by the way?"

NA "well it was on the bottom of my contract"

HRH "I see well that's something we need to look at, anyway take care I hope the weather is OK over there in Shrewsbury... Bye"

He's had a conversation with both owners they were over the phone and went something like this

Call one..

NA "Hello Kevin it's Nigel,"

KMc "ahh right hello Nigel, what can I do for you"

NA "I want to discuss signings in the loan window"

KMc "right, yes, ... Good idea I was going to get in touch to talk to you about that, .......listen, it's a bit difficult to speak right now I've just teed off at the Royal Golf club in Brussels and its left me a tricky second into the green, can I give you ring back at a more convenient moment?"

NA "no problem boss call back anytime"

KMc "yes. Okay then... Bye"

Call two

NA "hello Your highness its Nigel"

HRH "Nigel?... "

NA. "Nigel... Nigel Adkins..?."

HRH (.....silence.....)

NA. "Manager of Sheffield United?"

HRH " (.....silence....)

NA "the football club?... In England..? "

HRH " Oh! Yes of course sorry yes that thing yes yes. How can I help"

NA "I want discuss signings in the loan window"

HRH "oh.... Well I see... You know it would be better if you went through Jim Phipps for that sort of thing he is much more knowledgeable than me on these matters"

NA " oh well ok if you're sure?"

HRH "yes yes much better to speak to him, errrr can I ask how you got this number by the way?"

NA "well it was on the bottom of my contract"

HRH "I see well that's something we need to look at, anyway take care I hope the weather is OK over there in Shrewsbury... Bye"
More like

NA 'hi Kev, it's Nige

KM 'fuck off you Derbyshire twat'

NA 'no, the other one'

KM 'my apologies. Fuck off you Scouse twat'.

Defiantly something going on beginning of the end for NA. Doesn't sound like "the owners " are helping him one bit.

Then again Sammon Hammond and Woolford have probably put them off sanctioning any more deals.

Who's gonna start the "might be worth going down so we can rebuild"

That second tweet doesn't sound right to me

It's almost as if Adkins has had to plead with the board to try and get a loan in to give everyone a lift, rather than we did everything we could to get signings in on deadline day and as we didn't we are to get someone in on loan. It's like he's now having to convince the board by having to justify it rather than it's a no brainer because we are absolute dog shite

Defiantly something going on beginning of the end for NA. Doesn't sound like "the owners " are helping him one bit.

Then again Sammon Hammond and Woolford have probably put them off sanctioning any more deals.

or just "might be worth going down so we can stop them moaning bastards going on about how long we've been stuck in L1"

Not a massive fan of Adkins, nor of the way he speaks, but I'd recommend everyone watching that clip - he spoke really well I thought.
Basically, when we can't get in the play-offs, hovering around mid - table and looking like we are safe from relegation, the kids come in, and we play from the back.
Trouble with that scenario is, we are going to be one or the other right up to the wire.

Foulkes baby?

I need to know what the united fans want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did I hear that right Mr Adkins

Last few interviews NA seems to mention the owners want to get to the Premiership really? Let's concentrate on formulating a strategy, plan to get promoted from this division that appears to be a major hurdle at the minute.

Last few interviews NA seems to mention the owners want to get to the Premiership really? Let's concentrate on formulating a strategy, plan to get promoted from this division that appears to be a major hurdle at the minute.

Or to even get near the fucking play offs :)

As I said on here other week talking about the Premiership when we are in Division 3 is like shagging Fizz of Corrie but telling your mates eventually you'll be shagging Katy Perry.

Great interview from Adkins. Give the bloke time to build.

Full version -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03j7xyv

Agree with both your points btw. Although not sure if Nige is saying promotion or building his team/style is his priority. And slightly concerned about the bit where he says, in listening to fans, he believes we want to play direct (though, no doubt, many do). Even so, he's being adaptable (the opposite of which was the main criticism levelled at Clough) & he's fronting up & showing leadership (like Clough did). An impressive interview.

Back
Top Bottom