U23s V Charlton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

larkymasher

Reaction score
Stocksbridge 1pm KO today.

With injuries to the first team and a game tomorrow night at Bramall Lane, it will be basically be an under 18s line up again. Expect Long, J Wallace and Stewart to play.

This will be the toughest game so far as Charlton treat their U23s as a reserve team.

J Wallace played on Thursday. You're expecting him to play again?

J Wallace played on Thursday. You're expecting him to play again?
Why the sarcasm if James Wallace gets fit and joins the 1st team squad he will be a big player for us.Fingers crossed as this is a big season for him
he will end up in none league if he can't reach the required level of fitness,which would be a dam shame as he is a quality player who in my opinion
could play in the premier league. Come on James I'm sure all blades want to see you fit and firing.

Why the sarcasm if James Wallace gets fit and joins the 1st team squad he will be a big player for us.Fingers crossed as this is a big season for him
he will end up in none league if he can't reach the required level of fitness,which would be a dam shame as he is a quality player who in my opinion
could play in the premier league. Come on James I'm sure all blades want to see you fit and firing.

Why the sarcasm? I think as a fan-base and club we're allowed a bit of sarcasm in this situation, other wise it'd be plain despair at wasting £1000s for someone who has barely strung 2 games together in nigh-on 2 years.

I really don't get how you can conclude he'd be Premier League quality, I really don't.

He will never be a 'big' player for any team unfortunately, especially not us this year. He is the personification of injury prone - and in an age where teams are looking for reliable and value for money, he offers neither. Even if he did get fit, you cannot plan long term with him.

I wish him well, but the first chance we get to offload him then it will be taken.

Why the sarcasm? I think as a fan-base and club we're allowed a bit of sarcasm in this situation, other wise it'd be plain despair at wasting £1000s for someone who has barely strung 2 games together in nigh-on 2 years.

I really don't get how you can conclude he'd be Premier League quality, I really don't.

He will never be a 'big' player for any team unfortunately, especially not us this year. He is the personification of injury prone - and in an age where teams are looking for reliable and value for money, he offers neither. Even if he did get fit, you cannot plan long term with him.

I wish him well, but the first chance we get to offload him then it will be taken.

I agree. I draw the line, though, at "wage thief" and other such comments. Nobody will be more frustrated, bitter and angry at James Wallace's injury record than James Wallace. For an athlete to be unable to compete in his chosen sport, that hurts more than money can compensate.

Stocksbridge 1pm KO today.

With injuries to the first team and a game tomorrow night at Bramall Lane, it will be basically be an under 18s line up again. Expect Long, J Wallace and Stewart to play.

This will be the toughest game so far as Charlton treat their U23s as a reserve team.

Yes I would like to go and watch. I shall do so next time I'm available. I think it's only fair that I get a 'run'.. :).

I'm surprised George is playing. I thought he'd be out "exploring his options" Perhaps he has?...

I agree. I draw the line, though, at "wage thief" and other such comments. Nobody will be more frustrated, bitter and angry at James Wallace's injury record than James Wallace. For an athlete to be unable to compete in his chosen sport, that hurts more than money can compensate.
Agree Pinchy at just 24 could still have a great career ,fitness is everything in the game today that's why lower league teams are harder to beat
they are as fit as fiddles and as I said in my post James will be lost to the pro game unless he can get a good level of fitness.
To call him a wage thief is out of order as you say! no athlete enjoys being out injured.His gravy train will end next July unless he can get playing regularly that will put him under enormous pressure ,we are also winners if he does.

Agree Pinchy at just 24 could still have a great career ,fitness is everything in the game today that's why lower league teams are harder to beat
they are as fit as fiddles and as I said in my post James will be lost to the pro game unless he can get a good level of fitness.
To call him a wage thief is out of order as you say! no athlete enjoys being out injured.His gravy train will end next July unless he can get playing regularly that will put him under enormous pressure ,we are also winners if he does.

To be fair, no-one has said it recently but I've seen it in the past.

It really is make or break for JW this time. I'm hopeful rather than optimistic....

If it wasn't for injury James Wallace would be in the PL by now, I have very little doubt about that. We wouldn't have even been able to sign him in the first place.

Sadly I think James is destined for the shadows and a what might have been existance. Every now and then a clearly talented footballer just can`t avoid a constant stream of injuries,with each one making a recovery to sustained fitness harder.
Jack Wilshire is somewhat similar,as is Aaron Ramsay and Oxlade Chamberlain.

He's the League 1 version of Michael Johnson. It's unfortunate, but anyone pinning any hope on a miracle recovery is being ridiculous. He will be gone when his ill-considered three year deal comes to an end in the summer – if not before.

If it wasn't for injury James Wallace would be in the PL by now, I have very little doubt about that. We wouldn't have even been able to sign him in the first place.
Disagree - puzzled by people who claim that too. He's played 93 (inc sub appearances) times in his entire career, 19 the most he's been able to muster in a single season. Yes he has some talent, but how can you confidently judge someone who plays so little?

And lets not forget that even when he has played, its not been sparkling performance after sparkling performance - and that's for any of his clubs.

Disagree - puzzled by people who claim that too. He's played 93 (inc sub appearances) times in his entire career, 19 the most he's been able to muster in a single season. Yes he has some talent, but how can you confidently judge someone who plays so little?

And lets not forget that even when he has played, its not been sparkling performance after sparkling performance - and that's for any of his clubs.

You're obviously not aware of how well he was playing for Tranmere. When they were top of the league he was their star player and captain, at barely 20 years old.

He's played enough to show the ability he's got and what type of player he was/is. Even on the odd appearance on return from injury he's immediately looked impressive on more than one occasion.

He's 6 foot plus, strong, committed, can pass, tackle, is aggressive and at least used to get about the pitch very well. Injury slowed him down, even before signing for us, yet he's still shown his quality on more than one occasion.

I think we'd have gone up with him in the team for a season. But he was always unlikely to stay fit. Which is why it was a stupid gamble to give him a three year deal and expect him to be the replacement for McDonald.

You're obviously not aware of how well he was playing for Tranmere. When they were top of the league he was their star player and captain, at barely 20 years old.

He's played enough to show the ability he's got and what type of player he was/is. Even on the odd appearance on return from injury he's immediately looked impressive on more than one occasion.

He's 6 foot plus, strong, committed, can pass, tackle, is aggressive and at least used to get about the pitch very well. Injury slowed him down, even before signing for us, yet he's still shown his quality on more than one occasion.

I think we'd have gone up with him in the team for a season. But he was always unlikely to stay fit. Which is why it was a stupid gamble to give him a three year deal and expect him to be the replacement for McDonald.

I am (obviously) very aware that he played well at Tranmere having seen him first hand, just as I did when he was at Stockport County.

Saying that without injuries he'd be in the Premier League is making massive assumptions. And like I say he didn't play fantastically in all those games for Tranmere. So taking all that into account he's probably a long way off PL standard.

19 league games in a season is the best he has mustered. Without injuries he'd be in the PL, is like saying that if I was as skilled as Messi I'd be playing in the Champions League. I'm not and never will be, he wont be without injuries - never has, never will be sadly.

I am (obviously) very aware that he played well at Tranmere having seen him first hand, just as I did when he was at Stockport County.

Saying that without injuries he'd be in the Premier League is making massive assumptions. And like I say he didn't play fantastically in all those games for Tranmere. So taking all that into account he's probably a long way off PL standard.

19 league games in a season is the best he has mustered. Without injuries he'd be in the PL, is like saying that if I was as skilled as Messi I'd be playing in the Champions League. I'm not and never will be, he wont be without injuries - never has, never will be sadly.
Aren't you also making assumptions?
(Although perhaps not quite so massive)

So it's a massive assumption you agree with then.

Also, does anyone know if there's anything insurance related that's preventing us from playing him in the first team? He's not even been given a squad number.

I'd love to know how you came to the conclusion.

You finish by suggesting injuries are the only reason he's not in the PL but include the injuries as a pre-requisite consideration with him. Whereas I was only talking on the basis of him being injury free in the first place.

You finish by suggesting injuries are the only reason he's not in the PL but include the injuries as a pre-requisite consideration with him. Whereas I was only talking on the basis of him being injury free in the first place.
I think I addressed the fact that his performances haven't been as glittering as some make out and therefore its also footballing ability that would prevent him being a top flight footballer.

I think I addressed the fact that his performances haven't been as glittering as some make out and therefore its also footballing ability that would prevent him being a top flight footballer.
Perhaps he glittered at Tranmere and we didn't see him glittering?

Considering his all round ability, physicality, character and age I completely disagree with that.

Playing for Tranmere is getting compared to the Premier league, will everybody sit back and have a think about that for a couple of seconds? :)

Back
Top Bottom