The next 4 league games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidpinder

Reaction score
Predictions please how many points do think we will get based on the current squad and just remember back to last season when Clough rested players for the cup we have both Tottenham games in the middle of all this.

10/1/14 V Preston home there current position 3rd
17/1/14 V MK Dons away there current position 4th
24/1/14 V Rochdale away there current position 8th
31/1/14 V Swindon home there current position 2nd

Being always the optimist i am going for 2 points from this.

Reactions: Dkc

Predictions please how many points do think we will get based on the current squad and just remember back to last season when Clough rested players for the cup we have both Tottenham games in the middle of all this.

Based on the current squad ...... with current performance levels and injuries, I have to say expect 0 points from these 4 !! :(
UTB & FTP

It's " THEIR"

I can see us winning all of those. Twelve points.

Yep, 'their'.

Difficult to say really, max of 4 points. Should still keep us in 6th though with other teams having inconsistent form.

if we get 5 or more from that we'll have done well.....i hope Jim has the Princes chequebook ready, as i really think we need it!

With the current squad (less COG) and the confidence within it I'll predict the following:
Preston = lose
MKD = lose
Dale = draw
Swindon = lose
2 goals for and 9 conceded

Preston-win
Mk Plastics-draw
Rochdale-win
Swindon-win

So i'll go for 10 points,we could get 12 points,it's the bladesway.We could then have a shocking February when that looks easier on paper just to even it up:D

If you ignore which teams we play then we need to win at least three of them after the shambolic December, just to get us back on an even keel as as a play off candidate.

But then looking at the fixtures you have to say we will do well to get two points out of that lot.

I think a poor return from those games in January but i also think that we will still be going strong in both cups.

We're fucked!

Be amazed if we are still in top 6 come 1st February.

I'd say 5/6 points. Hopefully these teams will play a bit more expansive against us, so our gameplan will work better. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic..

I am guessing that is the gameplan, or am I giving Clough too much credit and he doesn't actually have one!?

After this run of results last season...

2121.12.2013StevenageawayD0-0

2226.12.2013Oldham AthletichomeD1-1
2329.12.2013Tranmere RovershomeW3-1

2401.01.2014WalsallawayL1-2

2511.01.2014Notts CountyawayL1-2

2618.01.2014Bradford CityhomeD2-2

2701.02.2014Crewe AlexandraawayL0-3

Who would have predicted that we would then win 7 league games in a row and not conceded a single goal as well as progress to the FA Cup Semi! I thought we were as good as down after losing to Crewe last season. Its a funny old game, granted the signing of Brayford was a big factor, but maybe we'll get something similar in the next few weeks.

Maybe playing "better" opposition will suite our style more, the game will be a little more open.

There's no way we'll get automatic this season, but if we can get a couple of wins in the next four games and get us back on track then we should make the play offs.

I'd say 5/6 points. Hopefully these teams will play a bit more expansive against us, so our gameplan will work better. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic..

Not sure the opposition will be more expansive. Anyone who's watched us will know if you just back and can nick a goal you will come away with at least one point and quite possibly all three.

Back
Top Bottom