The Dickhead so called "fans" are at it again then.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The_Green_Man

Slave to the NHS.
Reaction score
http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheff...ts-of-second-coin-throwing-incident-1-7506212

The club has issued a statement saying that they are working with South Yorkshire Police and ask any witnesses to come forward as well as they look to dish out lifetime bans, and rightly so!

Apparently some complete tool launched a coin at the Notts County keeper, this is the second time it has happened as somebody dickhead did the same thing at the Colchester game as reported on here. Add this to the flare incidents that we have already had this season and it doesn't look too good does it.

If I remember correctly the F.A got involved last season did they not and the club were issued a stern warning to get involved and knock it on the head before we get punished for failing to control our fans? Can't imagine they will be slow to react to this lot now if this is the case.

I have said it a few times and I will say it again. These *pondlife dickheads* aren't supporters of the club. What sort of spacker stands throwing coins? I mean the setting off flares is bad enough anyway but come on what kick do they get out of lobbing coins at a goalkeeper?. If I saw you do it I would get hold of you myself and let the old bill know what you have done because I don't want to be tarred with the same brush as nobheads like you! I love my club with a passion and I love football as a whole and I don't want arseholes like you soiling our name and ruining it for the rest of us. You are not fans of Sheffield United Football Club, you are mindless cretins who obviously don't have more than a couple of brain bells bashing around! Stay awake from our club!

Rant over!

I blame admission prices. If they were higher, people wouldn't be able to afford to lob their loose change away. Conversely, if they were much lower, the dickheads would be reduced to making paper airplanes out of fivers and tenners and launching them. Doesn't hurt as much as a coin and would be much more warmly received by goalies.

Was it the Bury game where the ref went up to the opposition keeper in front of the Kop, was handed some sort of object which he then took to the fourth official?

I expected consequences from that, but never saw or heard anything.

That's the point isn't it, these people aren't "fans". They are just morons who see football matches as a platform for their idiotic behaviour. I would also say that those who travel to away games expressly for causing trouble with the opposition fans also fall into this category.

As always the minority spoil it for the rest of us.

Tbf, it was probably thrown out of sheer anger & frustration - the guy probably just boiled over & totally lost control. I mean, we'd not been able to convert our dominance into a 6th goal, so the cause was there.

Have a bit of understanding & compassion, won'tcha?!

I'm just amazed that any of the knuckle scrapers can afford to be throwing away good currency.

Bearing in mind the Princes business, discounted toilet rolls, soft, two ply, would put a stop to this.

I wonder in that fan advisor to the board is still open? I was wrong, it's easier than I thought.

While it's obviously impossible to condone this behaviour, we've hardly got a monopoly of idiot fans. This country is filling up with dickheads rapidly.

I read a letter in the paper this morning where, at the England v Wales rugger match, a friend was helping his elderly, wheelchair-bound friend. Leaving the ground, he accidently clipped a bloke on the back of the ankle with the wheelchair. This bloke turned round and punched the wheel-chair-pusher in the face. Other fans nabbed this cunt and handed him over to the police and he was arrested.

He was let off with a caution because 'he apologised and promised not to do it again.' :rolleyes:

I blame admission prices. If they were higher, people wouldn't be able to afford to lob their loose change away. Conversely, if they were much lower, the dickheads would be reduced to making paper airplanes out of fivers and tenners and launching them. Doesn't hurt as much as a coin and would be much more warmly received by goalies.
Could always write a cheque for said amount. That won't hurt unless it bounces.

Beyond me why anyone would want to throw coins anyway, especially at the Notts County keeper. He was one of the only opposition goalkeepers I've seen to say thanks to a ball boy for retrieving the ball. He also clapped the kop after the game and didn't try to cheat and con the ref. You've only got to walk behind the kop at half time to see some of the pond life we attract as a club. It's very disappointing.

Surely it should be easy to identify the moron given the low crowd? Or did we shut down all the security as a cost-saver?

Hopefully the culprit is caught and banned. Imagine them recounting the story:

"What did you receive your life-time ban for?"
"I chucked a coin at a Notts County keeper in a nothing JPT game, in a stadium a sixth full. But it was worth it..."

At Port Vale I saw someone throw something down the stand into our own fans when a refereeing decision went against us. A sensible reaction. LOL.

Surely it should be easy to identify the moron given the low crowd? Or did we shut down all the security as a cost-saver?

Hopefully the culprit is caught and banned. Imagine them recounting the story:

"What did you receive your life-time ban for?"
"I chucked a coin at a Notts County keeper in a nothing JPT game, in a stadium a sixth full. But it was worth it..."

You could pretty much make out everyone individually. I'm off to check this story bc atm it doesn't make a right lot of sense.

It's a cliche and incorrect to say that these kind of people "aren't fans". Most of them are. It's possible to be a dickhead and a big Blades fan too.

This takes the thread in an interesting direction.

I'd have a hard time believing the purple-faced bloke in front of me at Gillingham screaming death threats at the family of our young - and lifelong Blade - keeper was a fan of the club.

He seemed to need a place to vent his fury, and we are that place.

It's like buying a cat so you can kick it after a bad day at work and calling yourself an animal lover.

(Fwiw I think this description may fit some of the haters on here.)

Anyway, moving swiftly on...Booing individual players. To me this is almost always wrong and counterproductive, but it doesn't necessarily mean you're not a fan.

Chucking coins. Similar to the above but worse.

I've not read the whole thread but generally the idea that this has something to do with intelligence gains a foothold. It doesn't.

Intelligence is not compassion.

UTMB

Back
Top Bottom