Ricky Holmes Arrival Imminent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He'll command a fee so it depends how much that fee is.

Worth a punt if next to nothing. Had a great last season but the ones before that were less than inspiring.

That highlight reel is fabulous for a league 2 player. Would be an exciting transfer from my point of view.

Could potentially be looking at a 4-2-3-1 with:

Long/New keeper
Brayford
New centre half
New centre half
Hussey
Basham
New centre mid
Holmes
Adams
Duffy
Sharp

He'll command a fee so it depends how much that fee is.

Worth a punt if next to nothing. Had a great last season but the ones before that were less than inspiring.

Wasn't he player of the year at Pompey and broke their club records for assists in 2013? How is that less than inspiring!?

In all seriousness he's got a cracking attitude, exactly what we need.

There's an obvious difference between videos that make any player look good and videos that show blatant talent and ability.

That video shows an undeniable level of ability. You also know that all the footage is from recent games at a decent, competitive level. Not that a video is really needed, Holmes has been a well known talented player for a while to anyone who follows League Two at all. Then you've only got to look at his numbers to realise he's become more productive and consistent.

He's 29 this month but he's in his prime, in form and like Duffy and hopefully Chris Taylor could get us promoted next season and should also have another 2/3 good years left as he doesn't rely heavily on pace. He's more reliant on technical ability, and he can run with the ball at full speed.

He's got another year left on his contract so I don't think he'd cost much more than 300k, and with there not being too many obvious winger options on free transfers, I'd be fine with that. I don't think we're likely to be able to get anyone better in that position.

Last edited:
Sorry but that is a piss poor goal celebration it's a no from me unless he ups that side of his fame

OP.

I'd like a bit of HP.

Love dat sauce.

Back
Top Bottom