[Prediction] vs. Coventry

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What's the score gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teams with crap runs of results usually manage to come to BDTBL and get a win, so that must mean that Coventry, on a good run, will come unstuck tonight. So that's 0-3 then. :(

I'm not looking forward to tonight - there's too much bile waitng to be unleashed...

Have to predict a Cov win and the manager taking dogs abuse for the failings of his employer.

I think the confidence of the squad is on the floor at the moment and expect Mark Robins, using his local knowledge, to play a formation to keep us as quiet as possible for the first 15-20 mins so the crowd gets restless and does the job for them.

If we concede early (again) I can see this getting very messy. As it is I think we will create next to nothing and go down 0-2 with both goals coming in the second half.

Blackman going is an excuse for the players to put in a below standard performance - and they don't need much of an excuse to drop their heads, it seems of late. Just don't get a good feeling about this one at all - the presure will be on, the crowd will be nervous and expecting a cock up - that will translate to the pitch and no matter how much mattbianco1 tries to nullify those negative waves (fair play to you feller) I fully expect to drop more points this evening and shoes to be unpaired in the car park afterwards.

For those demonstrating afterwards - make sure you have decent socks on - it's embarrassing enough if you do it - never mind sporting a pair of grotty hose.

I'm expecting a close, gritty game tonight, but it could be the one to turn us around if we manage to scrape the right result. I've gone for 2-1 to us.

As I've said before, I'm ever the pessimist, but I actually don't think the signing of Forte is quite as shit as I was expecting. Granted, I was expecting nothing, so it didn't take much to excede them! At least Forte isn't frightened of running at people and he does have quite a bit of pace about him. From the last time I saw him play when he gave us a torrid time playing for Scunthorpe, he looks more of a player than Cofie did. He's just as quick, but a lot stronger and, hopefully, his comparitive "experience" will mean that he doesn't try to be as ridiculous with the ball as Cofie did.

I think if we get a bit more adventurous, go for a front three of a target man, be it Porter or Kitson, with Murphy and Forte playing off him, we could actually be quite exciting to watch and create a few chances.

Stick McDonald, Doyle and another midfielder behind that front three, possibly the new bloke, but I've not seen him play so I won't stick my neck out and say definitely him, and they should be steady enough. If people are right in saying he could be similar to McCall, he could do a bit of the ball winning and a bit of the pasing, with the other two sticking to their proper roles.

The defence pretty much picks itself at the moment. I'm happy with Maguire and Collins (if fit) at centre half, it's the full backs that I don't rate. McMahon, barring a couple of tremendous free-kicks has been absolutely dire, the biggest disappointment of all DW's signings for me, considering the expectation placed on him when he came, and Higginbotham hasn't looked amazing since arriving, and we have conceded a lot of goals since he came in.

To summarise, we're now dodgy at the back, so concentrate on attacking. There are some shocking teams in this division, even worse than ourselves, so if we actually go for it, we should batter a few of them.

Back
Top Bottom