Been his biggest critic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wak1889

Reaction score
Was never a fan of wilder returning and still not, but tonight was a massive improvement against a top top side (as Jamie redknapp would say) , we were always in the game , I thought trusty , souza and archer had arguably their best games in a blades shirt , no archer didn't score but he was involved, busy, probably most touches he's had in an around the box and if he fancied his left peg might even have had a goal , defence looked more organised, obviously loads of work on the training ground to be done, but tonight we gave Liverpool a game and that's as much as we can expect , let's see what happens and where we are come the winter break

Ending with Norwood and Fleck was a little demoralising and backwards. However, I am encouraged by the start. Please progress Chris, not go backwards !

As much as I love them both for what they have done, they showed in about 5 minutes why they are not up to this level. Wilder can't make old legs and heads think faster and be fitter unfortunately.

Ending with Norwood and Fleck was a little demoralising and backwards. However, I am encouraged by the start. Please progress Chris, not go backwards !
I shouldn’t worry, I can’t see Fleck or Norwood forcing their way into the starting 11 without injuries.
Let’s hope Archer is cutting in from the left and smashing the ball with his left foot all day tomorrow an’all

It makes you wonder what Slimane isn't doing in training, unless Wilder just wanted some experience on to see out the game.

Foderingham did much better when not being expected to run the back line like prime neuer. He seemed more relaxed and in control

I have to say we must have created more goal chances tonight than we have for months.

We were saying the same....after only 30 minutes...we said we've already had more attacks in this game than in any other game this season.
It was also noticeable how we attacked more in numbers, instead of having Archer isolated on his own up top with the defenders afraid to cross the half way line.

Thought the tactics were very good too.....yes Liverpool dominated but they hardly created any clear cut chances.
Both their goals were controversial with fouls on our defenders in the build up.

Of course Liverpool deserved to win but 1-0 or 2-1 would have been a fairer reflection of the game, based on chances. Promising start.

He can't make the squad depth better in 30 hours

Jury's still out ftm "but" PA should have pulled the plug before the International break (I really wanted it to work for hecky in the premiership but a bridge to far). If and its a big IF !! CW can keep the guys going like tonight we won't be far away (ATM we're still going down but maybe with a bit of pride)
We've got to return
Egan ( trusty has the shirt)
Baldock (still think Bogle could do a job in midfield)
RND (be like signing a new player)
Davies
Brewster (I really don't know what to say)
But let's see what happens next game

Back
Top Bottom