Money to Burn?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
So if DCL had gone for 1.4 million and CA went for almost 2 million that's around 3 million quid we've got to spend on transfers today?

Well, not really. I'd imagine we paid comfortably into 6 figures to pay off Woolford's contract, plus Lavery rumoured to have cost £150k in compensation.

I have a feeling we'll have around 1M tops to play with.

images

I just love transfer deadline day

You know if McCabe has this masterplan of selling players to line his own pockets, why did he sell half of the cash-cow for a quid?

That's irrelevant mate. It's a common thing in business transaction
You know if McCabe has this masterplan of selling players to line his own pockets, why did he sell half of the cash-cow for a quid?

I can explain that for you..or rather this link can...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5262616.stm

brought in ten players already this window. Whether you like those players is irrelevant in terms of slagging off the board. They have given him a more than competitive budget and backed him. However unless we sign another 6 today some will have usual hysterical reaction to deadline day.

King Kev's given the issue of what to do with the welcome extra dosh considerable thought, and he's come up with a pretty solid solution.

Trousers.jpg

You have to think that it's going to be one of the angriest responses to a deadline day if we don't get anyone or enough players in. Sitting 20th in the league, sold Adams for £1.7m, loaned Brayford and sold £1.4m for DCL. Whatever your views on those, everybody now expects that money to be sufficiently reinvested. I wait with interest.

Presumably there is a cunning plan behind this current Transfer window, hopefully it will all come together before it slams shut. Our striker options appeared to be a strength and one area that needed cosmetic attention, is it now. As usual we have to wait and see but I am seriously struggling to see a cunning plan in fact I don't see a plan.

Thanks man, I understand the token value of the sale, I just don't understand why McCabe would sell half the rights to the river of cash that fills his lake year-in-year-out like some fans think is the case.
I think McCabe wants out and has done for some years - but- no businessman ever sells when the stock is low and our stock is lower than a snake's belly in a cart-rut right now.

McCabe sees this deal with the Prince as subsidising the money he has to put in to keep us afloat each year. That's the attraction. I think he could still sell out the whole lot to one single investor if the right deal came along. However, it would be better to do that if we were at Championship level as the attraction of the Prem and all its riches would be more likely to attract an investor willing to take a punt on us getting there in 1 or 2 seasons. A bit like what's happened at Wednesday.

Be interesting to see if Chansiri hangs around another season at S6 if they don't go up?

Back
Top Bottom