Managerial suggestion - Bob Bradley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bergen Blade

Reaction score
Ex-USA boss Bob Bradley currently manages Stabæk in Norway and has done brilliantly. He's been there two years. They were relegation favourites in his first year, because they had a weak side, but somehow he made them quite strong with a few clever signings and they finished mid-table.

As many players had impressed, they were sold on and Bradley had to build again before this season. He signed a lot of player nobody'd heard of and again were written off. After ten games they are second, just behind giants Rosenborg.

He seems so hard working, very professional, clear about what he wants, very up to date, despite being 57 seems hungry and eager to learn more. He recently got the highest possible coaching badge UEFA Pro. Stabæk play fast, flowing football with a lot of pace in the forward positions. Phipps and the prince should surely know a thing or two about him.

Ex-USA boss Bob Bradley currently manages Stabæk in Norway and has done brilliantly. He's been there two years. They were relegation favourites in his first year, because they had a weak side, but somehow he made them quite strong with a few clever signings and they finished mid-table.

As many players had impressed, they were sold on and Bradley had to build again before this season. He signed a lot of player nobody'd heard of and again were written off. After ten games they are second, just behind giants Rosenborg.

He seems so hard working, very professional, clear about what he wants, very up to date, despite being 57 seems hungry and eager to learn more. He recently got the highest possible coaching badge UEFA Pro. Stabæk play fast, flowing football with a lot of pace in the forward positions. Phipps and the prince should surely know a thing or two about him.

That is 'thinking outside of the box'. We rarely do that!

It's got to be Adkins, he's got promotion from this league AND the league above. That for me is an outstanding track record.

You could give some kid who's only ever played Football Manager the resources that Adkins had at Southampton and he wouldn't have fucked it up

Not a bad suggestion. However we NEED to get out of this league. Can we afford to get someone in who might need a season or two to adjust?

Adkins, Lambert, Warburton. all won promotion from this league, all available, show ambition United.

Bradley is an interesting call but he has never managed in England and has no experience of League One. That doesn't necessarily mean he would fail though.

Out of the available candidates I'd be happy with Adkins or Warbuton, but there aren't too many in the list who impress me. Deano would be best taking on a non-league club before moving into the Football League imo. Sabella is in the list, but I'd be against that - he's never managed in England and I think his language skills are still pretty poor.

Warnock is on the list of course. I don' think for a second that it would happen, or if it did, whether he still has the motivational qualities that made him a great manager. But imagine the lift that the club would get if he were signed on a single year's contract with one simple target - promotion. The atmosphere would be amazing, at least for the first few games.

You could give some kid who's only ever played Football Manager the resources that Adkins had at Southampton and he wouldn't have fucked it up
Well Nigel Clough managed to last season. Tbf to Adkins, he also won them promotion the next year which was commendable and he did it with Scunthorpe who had far less money.

I have no doubt that a short list is already in place and that people have been spoken to. The appointment needs to be quick, so that we can get the right players in, and get ready for a hard fought season, automatic promotion, nothing less will do now.

He seems like a good manager Bob Bradley. Him or Deane would be good for the club I reckon as both have shown that they have overachieved with limited resources. I think we have the players (excluding the lack of centre backs and possibly a striker) but tactically we're shite.

Yeah I remeber Southampton being odds on for promotion from championship... Crazy

So what about his two promotions with the massive scunny out of this league then?

So we should sack the new manager if he doesn't achieve automatic?

Sorry, what I meant is that we get a manager who gets us into the top two, doing all the things that we all said all season, like getting players actually over six feet tall, like not playing three small players in the middle of the park together (like at Oldham), like getting some proper defenders in, not make shift. I would have given Clough another season, he was half way there with the team, but some of his decisions have been bizarre, we all know that.

The new manager has to come in, knowing that only one outcome is acceptable, promotion. That's why managers get paid the big money that they get. If you don't think you can get us promoted, don't turn up for the interview.

Five years is long enough for a club our size, the only way to get bigger gates (more income) is promotion.

Odd no one has yet mentioned a very promising young manager, knows the club and more importantly the fickle fans, loved by many and has a close affinity with both club and fans and would probably be the only candidate the fans may give the time needed to build a team.
I of course speak of Brian Deane.
Could he be much worse than our last 7 or 8 managers?
Give him a try says I.
Utb

Odd no one has yet mentioned a very promising young manager, knows the club and more importantly the fickle fans, loved by many and has a close affinity with both club and fans and would probably be the only candidate the fans may give the time needed to build a team.
I of course speak of Brian Deane.
Could he be much worse than our last 7 or 8 managers?
Give him a try says I.
Utb

Obviously it would be amazing if Deane was the man to lead us out of the wilderness but he lacks any experience in England.

He might get some goodwill to start with but if it all started going wrong the fans would turn on just like anyone else. Then we'd be left with an ugly situation that tarnished his legacy.

We took the "he can't be any worse" approach with Weir and it got much, much worse.

I'm not totally against it but he should be appointed on practical, football grounds only not misty-eyed nostalgia.

You could have said the same for Clough and us last season.

Must have missed the part where we had players of the quality of Schneiderlin, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana and Lambert to name but a few. Scunthorpe was nice work but couldn't do a thing to keep them up. Adkins is probably the most overrated manager in the country in my opinion and as such I want more or less any other realistic name

Must have missed the part where we had players of the quality of Schneiderlin, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana and Lambert to name but a few. Scunthorpe was nice work but couldn't do a thing to keep them up. Adkins is probably the most overrated manager in the country in my opinion and as such I want more or less any other realistic name

Doesn't matter about the players we had, more so the players we bought.

We spent a bloody fortune for this league, I'd wager as much if not more than Southampton. We didn't even get to the playoff final.

I have no doubt that a short list is already in place and that people have been spoken to. The appointment needs to be quick, so that we can get the right players in, and get ready for a hard fought season, automatic promotion, nothing less will do now.
No matter who we employ there is never a guarantee of promotion, that's the problem, look at Alex Ferguson he was on the verge of getting sacked until mark Robbins

Deano, just doesn't have enough experience, especially in this p!ssy league. Otherwise i'd like to see him here.

IMO The new manager has to play football not hoofball to get us out of this league if not we will have to change the manager and half the team when we get promoted.

believe we must must must get someone with the nouse to get us out of this league , a proven record of hitting a target either going up or saving from certain relegation , ie can win when it matters

someone who will see us win 28 to 31 of 46 games next season , unless they possess the tools to do that be a waste of time

someone who will see us win 28 to 31 of 46 games next season , unless they possess the tools to do that be a waste of time

Strange requirement. I suppose if you were chairman of one of the 12 teams that have won automatic promotion from our division in the last 10 seasons with less than 28 wins you'd sack the manager.

Back
Top Bottom