Player Suggestion Lyle Taylor

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Lyle Taylor would be worth a bid when the transfer window opens.

25 goals this season, young, hungry, decent on the ground and in the air.

He never got a decent chance with us and suffered due to the managerial change at the time.

He could be a great addition to a strike force of Sharp, Done and Adams. Those four would give us speed, power, finishing ability and with Taylor some height. Would be a nice variety starting and coming off the bench.

He never got a decent chance with us and suffered due to the managerial change at the time.

He could be a great addition to a strike force of Sharp, Done and Adams. Those four would give us speed, power, finishing ability and with Taylor some height. Would be a nice variety starting and coming off the bench.

But we all thought he was crap.

Now it seems we got it wrong and he is good!

What are us hapless fans supposed to do! :)

He did get a chance here and he failed to take it. A player who looks like he has loads of potential but somehow delivers bugger all.

Hardly, got shipped out on loan when clough came in and was part of a weir team where everyone was crap.

He's just bagged 25 goals in a promotion winning team, seems like the type of player we need.

He's certainly matured into a decent forward but I'm sure he'll want to stay with Wimbledon and to be honest I'd rather someone with more presence than Taylor who always seemed lightweight to me.

Behave di sen.

He'll probably score against us next season.

I think he was a little raw when last with us, no doubt he's developed a little more now and 25 goals in a season says a lot. But I don't know if he's what we need next to Sharp plus AFC wouldn't sell him cheaply either.

Sharp is our goalscorer, I'd prefer us to look at someone else.

I'm sure he'll do well in L1 next season.

He didn't do it with us because he didn't seem ready for the physicality and style of football in the lower divisions, but now he's performed in L2 it should be safe to assume he's got over those problems and adjusted.

He did get a chance here and he failed to take it. A player who looks like he has loads of potential but somehow delivers bugger all.

But we all thought he was crap.

Now it seems we got it wrong and he is good!

What are us hapless fans supposed to do! :)

Fact: Weir only had 13 games and Taylor just that bit longer.

Opinion: The lad was and is cocky, Clough can't cope with 'cocky' so he was moved away. The tattoo story stunk of hyberbole and 'look who's manager' now.

Fact: Too many posters on here have a stake in Lyle Taylor being rubbish. They can't cope with him being any good.

Why would he come back here though even if we wanted him? Looks like a London type to me and he'll get better offers if he starts next season well. Born Greenwich.

Sorry fellas, he's probably out of our league. He'll steer well clear of gritty managers and clubs north of Watford Gap now he has a choice.

I watched the match and on that performance from both teams there's a long way to go if Wimbledon are to get even mid table although I did like their work rate and togetherness there's no wonder Northampton ran away with it, it may have been the big occasion but the first touch of players and their awareness wasn't good Barnsley v Millwall was technically superior.

Fact: Weir only had 13 games and Taylor just that bit longer.

Opinion: The lad was and is cocky, Clough can't cope with 'cocky' so he was moved away. The tattoo story stunk of hyberbole and 'look who's manager' now.

Fact: Too many posters on here have a stake in Lyle Taylor being rubbish. They can't cope with him being any good.

Why would he come back here though even if we wanted him? Looks like a London type to me and he'll get better offers if he starts next season well. Born Greenwich.

Sorry fellas, he's probably out of our league.
He'll steer well clear of gritty managers and clubs north of Watford Gap now he has a choice.

Well actually Woody he is now in our league! :)

He started 9 matches for us, that's hardly a chance is it? Especially the team and style he was playing in at the time. He's plenty good enough for league one and looking at him today, his all-round game has improved ten fold. Good luck to him and Wimbledon, I hope they kick ten bells out of the franchise.

He's improved. A lot !!

Was always a player in there. Had a lot of good points. Sadly we rarely saw them last time.

Feedback suggests he is a bit in need of love and cuddles all the time to get the most out of him.

Not sure our place is conducive to that !!

UTB.

He started 9 matches for us, that's hardly a chance is it? Especially the team and style he was playing in at the time. He's plenty good enough for league one and looking at him today, his all-round game has improved ten fold. Good luck to him and Wimbledon, I hope they kick ten bells out of the franchise.
This.

Didn't read it before I posted.

Coud have saved missen 5 mins !!

UTB.

Yes it was a good goal against Plymouth, but he didn't have time to think about. That was more typical near the end when he could have wrapped it up with only the keeper to beat and he chipped it into the goalies arms, then feinted cramp/leg injury. He may have scored goals in a lower league but he isn't a player with bottle. I'll concede his midfield play has improved since he was with us.

Yes it was a good goal against Plymouth, but he didn't have time to think about. That was more typical near the end when he could have wrapped it up with only the keeper to beat and he chipped it into the goalies arms, then feinted cramp/leg injury. He may have scored goals in a lower league but he isn't a player with bottle. I'll concede his midfield play has improved since he was with us.
Did you not see his movement for the goal? He gave himself time to think and took it brilliantly.

The chance you mention where he chips it into his arms, he was physically and mentally knackered from the work he'd put in. He did well to get into the position in the first place, the chance he missed in the first ten minutes was easier but again, his movement and anticipation to get into the position was great.

Did you not see his movement for the goal? He gave himself time to think and took it brilliantly.

The chance you mention where he chips it into his arms, he was physically and mentally knackered from the work he'd put in. He did well to get into the position in the first place, the chance he missed in the first ten minutes was easier but again, his movement and anticipation to get into the position was great.
Maybe I'm biased. Found him frustrating when he played for us and was pleased when Clough got rid, supposedly for attitude problems.

Maybe I'm biased. Found him frustrating when he played for us and was pleased when Clough got rid, supposedly for attitude problems.
Clough seemed to have a lot of problems with attitudes, Neil Ardley doesn't seemed to have had many issues with him on this subject.

Clough seemed to have a lot of problems with attitudes, Neil Ardley doesn't seemed to have had many issues with him on this subject.
Said on match commentary he's had to be "cuddled" (not sure of exact phrase) to get the best out of him which sounds like an issue. Clough didn't do cuddling.

Said on match commentary he's had to be "cuddled" (not sure of exact phrase) to get the best out of him which sounds like an issue. Clough didn't do cuddling.
Yes, I heard that but that could mean all sorts of different things. It's all about managing each individual differently if needs be, maybe Clough isn't a very good man manager and Neil Ardley will turn out a better one, who knows? I know what my monies on.

Yes, I heard that but that could mean all sorts of different things. It's all about managing each individual differently if needs be, maybe Clough isn't a very good man manager and Neil Ardley will turn out a better one, who knows? I know what my monies on.
Somehow I feel I'm defending Clough, which was never my intention. Just thought it could have been one of the things he managed to get right.

Somehow I feel I'm defending Clough, which was never my intention. Just thought it could have been one of the things he managed to get right.
He got a few things right and ultimately this could be one of them. I suppose we'll find out one way or another next season mate, lets hope he doesn't score against us and hinders the ones who are challenging for a similar position to us.

He had plenty of chance in the first team and kept missing absolute sitters. One away at Rotherham sticks in my mind.
Perhaps we should have a new strike force of Mcnutts and him?

This might could back to haunt me my sporting predictions usually do.

But lyle Taylor had his chance. isnt good enough was very poor & the strikers we have now are head & shoulders above

Back
Top Bottom