Keith Stroud take a bow

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

taking a forward off then.. not necessarily kitson when you have an extra man is unusual.. we retreated ten yards down the pitch when he went off
and just for the Essex Blades . flynn was atrocious .. as usual
Not at the last match then?

Maguire was deemed to have pulled their guy back. Something that he has history of doing every single week.
The sooner we get rid of him the better. He is not the player that some think he is and should not be first choice. Not a knee jerk reaction I have said the same for ages

Can't believe I don't recall this chain of events! Was sure it was 11 v 9. Perhaps my criticism was too scathing then. Regards Maguire, he leaned on to the top of him more than pull him back. Thought it was a very soft penalty tho.

His stat for the season are interesting. Also the only other game he's refereed recently in league one resulted in nine bookings. Again a team there or there abouts

Was a crazy game, it would have been a great game if that pillock in yellow had stayed at home. It wasan energised united side, something what had been lacking under wilson. Our lack of pace in all areas of the pitch though is worrying though, given the circumstances it was disappointing to not hold on. Still think there could be a few twists and turns though at the top of the table.

What happened with their second goal? I missed it i was relieving myself. Will be eternally greatful if someone could enlighten me!

I was relieved when Kitson was subbed, I was convinced he'd get sent off.

When he blocked a Brentford free kick and the ref penalised him, I was convinced he was a goner. He was nearly ten yards back, but that ref was a proper executioner...

In other news, Harry was vociferous in making the case for a Brentford player to be sent off, only to later to be sent off himself. Life lesson Harry...

When he blocked a Brentford free kick and the ref penalised him, I was convinced he was a goner. He was nearly ten yards back, but that ref was a proper executioner...

In other news, Harry was vociferous in making the case for a Brentford player to be sent off, only to later to be sent off himself. Life lesson Harry...

Morgan did well to wrestle Maguire away from the 4th official - I thought he was going to chin him. You can tell when a player is genuinely staggered to have been sent off and Maguire was that man last night.

I had a good view of the incident and it never crossed by mind for a second that he might give a foul. I thought it was a superb defensive header.

I think he gave it for handball rather than not retreating which saved him. McGuire was a proper nob trying to get the guy sent off.

Morgan did well to wrestle Maguire away from the 4th official - I thought he was going to chin him. You can tell when a player is genuinely staggered to have been sent off and Maguire was that man last night.

I had a good view of the incident and it never crossed by mind for a second that he might give a foul. I thought it was a superb defensive header.
It was. unfortunately he then proceeded to hold their player down from jumping for the follow up. Quite unnecessarily given how good the first header was. This is from my view in the BLUT so I had a decent view and I did think it was a penalty, whereas my villa supporting colleague didn't think it was.

However I didn't think it should have been a booking. But then I didn't think most of the booking should have been bookings...

Yeah i saw that. How have the FA missed that? Basically he has given 4 penalties got at least 3 players suspended and kept Bournemouth in pole position.

JOKE
Would there have been any way, prior to the game, whereby United and/or Brentford could have objected to his appointment on the basis of being from the town who's club would benefit from certain decisions?

Would there have been any way, prior to the game, whereby United and/or Brentford could have objected to his appointment on the basis of being from the town who's club would benefit from certain decisions?

A pal of mine at the game said before the kick-off that the ref was Nigel Miller and so Stroud must have been appointed at the last minute. Do we know why?

A pal of mine at the game said before the kick-off that the ref was Nigel Miller and so Stroud must have been appointed at the last minute. Do we know why?

Nigel Miller was last weeks ref! Stoud has the original appointment before it was postponed. It is usual for the same ref to be appointed for the rearranged game.

He was criminal.

This is spot on. They both should have been sent off before Maguire was eventually sent off and Kitson taken off so we got away with that one.

Maguire could have had a second booking for Donaldson's dive, because I thought that was a foul, and he could have also been booked for the imaginary card. I'd be having words with him about that tomorrow because I absolutely hate it when players do that. Kitson was so lucky to get away without a second yellow at that free kick.

How Donaldson didn't get penalised for that high arm on McMahon I'll never know too. To be honest, if I watched the game back I don't think I'd have enough characters left to go into every decision that was wrong. It was an absolute shambles from start to finish and it's meant that once again, the referee is the talking point in what was the biggest game in both our's and Brentford's seasons.

He also missed McMahon carry the ball for a corner with his hands about a minute after being booked

Did anybody actually see the Kitson-Brentford-red-card incident? I was following proceedings well up the field when I heard exasperated noises coming from the Kop, thus diverting my attention to the linesman. My first thought was that he was waving his flag rather frantically for just an off-side decision, but then almost as an afterthought he signalled the penalty by drawing his flag across his chest. It was only now that I noticed Kitson writhing in agony on the deck.

I knew McMahon would miss, but then I knew Robson would too (which he nearly did).

The most bonkers game I've attended since the infamous Battle of Bramall Lane. Top entertainment, but like at a Cardiacs gig when they used to play one of their proper-insane tunes, I'd find myself shouting out afterwards, "Can we have a quiet one now?"

He also missed McMahon carry the ball for a corner with his hands about a minute after being booked

and his attempt to go through Donaldson which ended up flooring Flynn :)

Play-off Final ref, then.............:eek:

(I'm not making any kind of claim that we will be there btw.)

Seems this amount of incompetence, usually gets a reward......

I have just remembered the throw in decision at the Bramall Lane end. McMahon was shepherding it out for a goal kick when one of theirs got round him and kicked it out for a throw in.
Stroud then awarded them the throw in. Very bizarre.

Dunno if this has appeared elsewhere but Crawley (2), Swindon (3) and Brentford (2) means that we've hit the woodwork SEVEN times in EIGHT DAYS!!!

Dunno if this has appeared elsewhere but Crawley (2), Swindon (3) and Brentford (2) means that we've hit the woodwork SEVEN times in EIGHT DAYS!!!

That's nothing. I hit the bottle eight times after every game when Semi-Pro was manager.

Back
Top Bottom