Keith Stroud take a bow

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
That has got to be the most unbelievably bad performance from a referee in th history of the entire universe, world or whatever..

A referee that has refereed in the Premiership. He wants demoting to Sunday League games. He wouldn't be fit to referee 5 a side games.

Set his stall out in first 10-20 mins.

Booking a GK in 23rd minute for time wasting, seriously?

That game could have had zero bookings. The only one for me is Maguires penalty. Last man, straight red card.

Unbelievable..

He did his upmost to ruin a game of football. Luckily both teams put on one hell of a show. Both attacked well, great game, thoroughly enjoyed it. If we don't get 2nd I would like Brentford to do it. They had 9 men and continued to press and attack. Even when they got their equaliser.

Blades 9/10
Brentford 9/10
Referee 1/10 and that's generous!

Good night

Surely must get the FA Cup Final this year after another fine example of how to control a match and consistently uphold the laws of the game?

i wondered when this thread would appear, and now we've got 2! still he was awful for both teams and they had 9 men. im gutted we didnt win. still we look we've got fight about us under morgan. onwards and upwards

Aye but it shouldn't deflect from what was a hideous abdication of duty from United collectively towards the end, and yet another point costing blunder from Collins. Yes the Ref ranged from erratic to downright terrible, but he gave us two penalties and sent two of theirs off and we still didn't win. Embarrassing.

Aye but it shouldn't deflect from what was a hideous abdication of duty from United collectively towards the end, and yet another point costing blunder from Collins. Yes the Ref ranged from erratic to downright terrible, but he gave us two penalties and sent two of theirs off and we still didn't win. Embarrassing.

In fairness I thought Brentford were great. Fast strong good on the ball

Worst things for me are we didn't go for a 3rd when 2-1 up with an extra man and our defending against pace was once again shocking. We looked really good going forward in the 2nd half but stopped when we went 2-1 up. Although as usual we had to endure some bad luck when we hit the post in injury time. So frustrating.

Totally agree. He was shit, but we had 11 v 9 and decided not to finish them off. That last ten minutes has probably cost us promotion. Humiliating.

subbing kitson off cost us the game.. it lost us ten yards on the pitch.. fair play to Brentford though.. best side we've played all season. ref was appalling for both sides.. not a bad tackle in the game.. the only pen was the handball

On the not a bad challenge point, i'd like to say that Tony McMahons head probably disagrees. And i'm interested to see what happened with the first sending off too.

That's my overriding feeling too. Our lack of common footballing sense (not to mention quality) was appalling late in the game. Not putting a corner into the box against 9 men was the sort of negativity that deserves punishment. And when the punishment came it was just rank bad defending to let in a real finisher.

Our second goal was a rare moment of class from us. Eventful was the best word to describe the game, but thought Brentford were the better side overall. Our paceless team was painful to behold.

subbing kitson off cost us the game.. it lost us ten yards on the pitch.. fair play to Brentford though.. best side we've played all season. ref was appalling for both sides.. not a bad tackle in the game.. the only pen was the handball
Kitson would have got sent off if he had stayed on.

Why play for time when there is 10 mins left with an extra man?

i dont know mate. that is what i am asking.. we should have gone for 3-1.. a draw to us was useless..

Especially when Collins had come forward too!

On a side note, Hill was really blowing out of his arse midway into the second half.

Keith Stroud - The 21st Century Kelvin Morton...

(and if you can remember him...then you were there when he did something similar and,also,you'll be at least as old as me!)

subbing kitson off cost us the game.. it lost us ten yards on the pitch..

Disagree, he would have been sent of in a matter of minutes the way that clown was dishing cards out so as much as I didn't want to see him come off it was the only sensible option.

33 fouls in the match, one every 3mins basically and what kind of football can you play when its stop start like that. Thought both teams did well to try and play and both put in good displays. With that many fouls and setting the precedent of a foul=a yellow from the start, always going to be carnage and that proved true.

Everyone had their guesses for what TFG would throw at us, even the most outrageous suggestions didn't see that one coming tonight.

taking a forward off then.. not necessarily kitson when you have an extra man is unusual.. we retreated ten yards down the pitch when he went off
and just for the Essex Blades . flynn was atrocious .. as usual

Worst things for me are we didn't go for a 3rd when 2-1 up with an extra man and our defending against pace was once again shocking. We looked really good going forward in the 2nd half but stopped when we went 2-1 up. Although as usual we had to endure some bad luck when we hit the post in injury time. So frustrating.

Fully agree, I couldn't believe what I was seeing when Robson attempted to hold the ball in the corner with 6 minutes left, knowing full well there was likely to be an additional 5 or 6 for stoppages. It's not like we don't need the goal difference either!

Agreed Matt, Brentford looked a very handy side. Unpopular he may he but Donaldson gave us the runaround.

Fully agree, I couldn't believe what I was seeing when Robson attempted to hold the ball in the corner with 6 minutes left, knowing full well there was likely to be an additional 5 or 6 for stoppages. It's not like we don't need the goal difference either!

Agreed Matt, Brentford looked a very handy side. Unpopular he may he but Donaldson gave us the runaround.

Donaldson is just the type of striker we need - pace, power and direct

assuming you are taking about their secondi thought long should have been outa lot quicker to stick the ball in row z. As did my neutral friend I brought along for the evening.

Agreed on the holding the ball in the corner. With an extra man Brentford shouldn't even have been touching the ball for the next 5 mins. This is the time to play tippy tally between the back for and draw them out...

I was relieved when Kitson was subbed, I was convinced he'd get sent off.

Donaldson is just the type of striker we need - pace, power and direct
As long as we can get one that isn't a cheating scumbag. Did anyone else see the Brentford players doing high fives every time they won a foul or getting a player booked?

Donaldson was a twat. I was glad and relieved when he went off, but sadly they brought Wright-Phillips on.

Anyway, could anybody enlighten me on why the fuck Maguire was sent off?! All it seemed to me was that he headed the ball away and then their striker fell over?

Have to say I thought that was the most flat out bonkers ref I have ever seen, and I've been going to games since 1976. It wasn't even that he wanted to be the centre of attention; more that he just seemed to think his job was to intervene constantly in things that didn't require his attention. It wasn't just the bizarre decisions for both teams, he also got himself involved in so much unnecessary shit with the players (engineering arguments, inventing fouls he could penalise, hallucinating a whole stack of things requiring his intervention--hence the feckin maddening stop-start in the first half). But all done in a quite understated, almost military way, like this was just how the game should be run, and why would anyone think any different ? If that's his style, and he refs like that every week, it's amazing the abuse he must get hasn't driven him out of the game. Tonight he reffed like a man sealed off in some kind of plastic bubble-world of his own and quite unable to understand--let alone empathise with--what players or supporters might want from a game of football. Very odd !

At this point it is really tempting to speculate libellously about the numpty's character, and what it is that drives him to behave like this (the bloke who sits next to me had a few suggestions, none of which are repeatable on a family football forum like this). But we don't want to end up like that poor chap who was prosecuted by the grunters. Mind you, if he does ref like that every week it's difficult to see how a court of law could decide any public statement about his reffing had damaged his reputation. I'm crap at names, and usually try to ignore refs. Have we had him before ?

By half-time I felt so wound up by him it was seriously pissing me off. About halfway through the second half it had got so bad it was just completely hilarious. Not enjoyed myself so much all season !

whoaaa where did you scrape that one point from for the ref you mad?
0000000000000000000000000000000 and that is being generous!!!

Back
Top Bottom