John Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If I could've been a professional footballer, I'd have wanted to be like Fleck (only miles better, because it's my fantasy and realism plays no part).

Some quality highlights from him today. Getting the ball under pressure and neatly skipping past two opposition in the first half, getting dragged back by their midfielder and instead of going down he stays on his feet and makes the guy look like a ragdoll, and that 70yd diagonal pass for Lavery late on.

Basically, he's everything Baxter was supposed to be with none of the pretentious flicks and tricks that go nowhere.

Fleck is almost the complete midfielder, passes, tackles, reads the game can beat a man with a moment of skill.. if he could add a few goals as well he would be unplayable at this level.

He is already good enough to play top end Championship in my opinion and it would not surprise me to see him get a chance in The Premier League at some stage.

He's shit!!... does fuck all with his right leg.. wanker!!

Glyn Hodges though.. his right leg.............erm

I'm still

Fleck described Coutts as the best midfielder in League One. Sorry John, but YOU are the best midfielder in league 1 by a mile. Shame about that fax machine but we have you now!

He's very good but I bet he's delighted to have two mates who are just as good but also different enough to make them a hugely impressive trio. Not one of them is miles better than the other two and why anyone would want to introduce divisive views like that is difficult to understand.

In fact, Paul Coutts is by far the better player...

All spot on comments....sorry to the fickle Coventry fans, but if any of them think he was crap as I have read, then they are either liars, or demented.

Scottish international for me.....and without doubt a premier league player.

Isn't it just great that we can actually come on this board and debate how good some of our players are, rather than in the past debate at how shit they are

What a novelty :)

Nothing much to debate for me. John Fleck is the most complete midfielder we've had in recent memory. Supremely talented, steadfast, intelligent, dilligent. It's blindingly obvious.

What's more, he's been doing the business since the day we signed him.

It helps TD when you have players around you that can play.....and a manager setting up his side to get the best from the players he has.

Not sure Fleck would have looked quite as good playing for the side we had last season, and that clueless twat in charge.

It helps TD when you have players around you that can play.....and a manager setting up his side to get the best from the players he has.

Not sure Fleck would have looked quite as good playing for the side we had last season, and that clueless twat in charge.

Oh I agree.

Although Adkins ineptitude still only tells half the story for me. Many of the players we had last season were the worst excuses for professionals we've ever had. Playboy big-time Charlie arseholes unwilling to apply whatever limited abilities they had in their possession.

Wilders biggest attribute has been the ability to instill a sense of purpose and identity into this team. The cretins who we jettisoned in June wouldn't fare any better in Wilders team because he wouldn't stand for their inherent lack of spirit.

Fleck is simply awesome. what worries me is the Jan transfer window. If anyone came in with a huge bid I would hope that the club has the sense to rebuff ANY figure!
Can you imagine the reaction if we sold anybody of his quality when we are flying like we are now?

Well played SUFC

UTMB!

Oh I agree.

Although Adkins ineptitude still only tells half the story for me. Many of the players we had last season were the worst excuses for professionals we've ever had. Playboy big-time Charlie arseholes unwilling to apply whatever limited abilities they had in their possession.

Wilders biggest attribute has been the ability to instill a sense of purpose and identity into this team. The cretins who we jettisoned in June wouldn't fare any better in Wilders team because he wouldn't stand for their inherent lack of spirit.

I still think he singlehandedly divided the team and pissed most but his favourites off to the point they went through the motions. They didn't respect him, didn't agree with him and it showed in their performances.
Thankfully we have Wilder....surely one of the brightest, hard working and up and coming English managers in the country. Learned his trade the hard way and deserves what he is achieving.

If he achieves what he wants with us, we may well be fending off the FA once Southgate has fucked up the Euros! The transformation he and Knill have made in certain players, the ability to build a team and use tactics to our benefit will make him a contender IMHO.....though his roots and lack of brown nosing might count against him.

I still think he singlehandedly divided the team and pissed most but his favourites off to the point they went through the motions. They didn't respect him, didn't agree with him and it showed in their performances.
Thankfully we have Wilder....surely one of the brightest, hard working and up and coming English managers in the country. Learned his trade the hard way and deserves what he is achieving.

If he achieves what he wants with us, we may well be fending off the FA once Southgate has fucked up the Euros! The transformation he and Knill have made in certain players, the ability to build a team and use tactics to our benefit will make him a contender IMHO.....though his roots and lack of brown nosing might count against him.

No need to worry about Wilder being snapped up by the FA. This is the same backward institution that overlooked Brian Clough because he wasn't part of the old boys network.

Nothing much to debate for me. John Fleck is the most complete midfielder we've had in recent memory. Supremely talented, steadfast, intelligent, dilligent. It's blindingly obvious.

What's more, he's been doing the business since the day we signed him.
He hasn't actually , his first few games were poor ,resulting in him being subbed and benched. He and Coutts play together superbly and if you add Duffy in with Sharp and Dones movement it is brilliant.
Scrub all that ,hes a twat I had him on to score first or last at 9/1 the fucking slacker.

He's very good but I bet he's delighted to have two mates who are just as good but also different enough to make them a hugely impressive trio. Not one of them is miles better than the other two and why anyone would want to introduce divisive views like that is difficult to understand.

In fact, Paul Coutts is by far the better player...

agreed - and after today Duffy is making a claim - he was outstanding - and all over the pitch. Seems very match fit now for an old man at 31 !

UTB

agreed - and after today Duffy is making a claim - he was outstanding - and all over the pitch. Seems very match fit now for an old man at 31 !

UTB

Actually my final remark was light-hearted. Coutts is my personal favourite because he now plays with a sublime elegance that makes the game look easy.

In fact though, I don't care which of the three excellent proper footballers we have in midfield is or might be slightly more impressive than the others. That varies from match to match. It was Duff today. I ❤️ The three of them. I regard suggestions that any one of them is "miles ahead" as risible, that's all.

Great goal, Couttsy.......
:)

Actually my final remark was light-hearted. Coutts is my personal favourite because he now plays with a sublime elegance that makes the game look easy.

In fact though, I don't care which of the three excellent proper footballers we have in midfield is or might be slightly more impressive than the others. That varies from match to match. It was Duff today. I ❤️ The three of them. I regard suggestions that any one of them is "miles ahead" as risible, that's all.

Great goal, Couttsy.......
:)

Have to agree - all three gell so well.

ANY team is run from midfield - but it is important everyone else does their job. Players like Freeman and Lafferty "offer" so much to our midfield. Once again I thought Freeman was very very good. Lafferty was ok - crossing was dire in 1st half but picked up in the 2nd - but all in all our midfield 5 made it easy for the rest of the team today.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom