Jim gone VERY quiet on Twatter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Alfreton14Blade

Reaction score
No sign at all of him since before the Wigan game.

Maybe it's just an (extended) head-below-the-parapet temporary disappearing act.

But, quite possibly - is this the end of the bold SUFC interact-with-the-fans-on-social-media experiment?
If so - a good thing or a bad thing?

I thought he was ill wasn't he? Hope he's just getting rest and not putting up with all the abuse he's inevitably bound to receive on Twitter if he does try to engage at the moment.

I'm not really a 'fan' of his, and think some of the things he has come out with have been very questionable, however he does get some dogs abuse on Twitter so hopefully he's just taking some time out.

If the latter then probably for the best.

When he started twating, he probably thought it would all be giant sponge hand 'Go soccer blades' ra ra positivity.

Welcome to English sport, welcome to Yorkshire sport, welcome to football, welcome to Sheffield United.

Poor bastard never stood a chance.

upload_2016-2-11_11-54-15.jpeg

Probably fed up of saying the same thing, will burst into life once Burn is confirmed :eek:

Maybe it's just an (extended) head-below-the-parapet temporary disappearing act.

But, quite possibly - is this the end of the bold SUFC interact-with-the-fans-on-social-media experiment?

Needs to find a happy medium but Twitter is extremely ugly atm.

Responses on fb (where I think he's also quiet) had some balance - possibly because people basically post under their own names.

Probably a mixture of him being ill and taking nasty comments and abuse from people even when we win. Not really fair that he gets most of the flack despite only being one member of the board and the decline seems to be McCabe's fault. Given the current atmosphere I can see why he's off it. It's a shame, but at least he gave it a go.

Club PR had fallen almost into non-existence prior to JP arriving on the scene. To that extent, having a club exec prepared to keep fans appraised on news and current affairs was a giant step forward. It seems to have come unstuck for two reasons:

1. He strayed too far into commenting on areas - e.g. football management - that he doesn't really understand.
2. Too many people have taken too many liberties in venting their frustration and angst on the poor guy.

If he has withdrawn completely, it's a real shame because he really did seem to buy into Blades culture and want to do the right thing.

Might have something to do with "staying in touch as we reach January" and then taking 6 points from 6 games and falling out of touch.

What is there to say apart from we've started to fail again. We haven't signed anyone so nothing to say there.

He expected to be fit to fly again in mid February - perhaps he's decided to stay in Saudi.

That nice American bloke comes over here, trying to be positive, give us some of the US warmth, "Go Team Sheffield!" and all that business, then we lose 4-2 to Shrewsbury and all the abuse rains down on him like an exploding cesspit. Welcome to Sheffield indeed.

No but srsly he's probz just on holiday or something.

Responses on fb (where I think he's also quiet) had some balance - possibly because people basically post under their own names.

I do think Jim overreacted a couple of weeks back (to some mildly sarky tweets), but it was probably a sign of the strain he was under having to peddle an increasingly unfeasible party line, as well being a bit of a breaking point as regards the abuse he's taken more generally (not to mention his poor health).

Going by the bollocks he had to spout on deadline day & after (where he made the best he possibly could of an impossible situation), I just wonder if the Rubicon's been crossed now & it's become an impossibility to hold together the strains at boardroom level by means of shortish communications with fans on twatter/facebook or elsewhere.

Even so, I hope he does battle on on social media (because, let's be honest: a "battle" it will continue to be). He's a decent man tasked to do a pretty impossible job.

He was up until 3am (his time) taking it with both barrels from irate fans after his JTW statement just over a week ago.
Nobody can say he isn't putting the time and effort in.
He's showing a lot more committment to the cause than any of those utter arseholes we have on the pitch right now.

He was up until 3am (his time) taking it with both barrels from irate fans after his JTW statement just over a week ago.
Nobody can say he isn't putting the time and effort in.
He's showing a lot more committment to the cause than any of those utter arseholes we have on the pitch right now.

The guy made a massive mistake by directly communicating with fans (even if it was with the best of intentions) he could have 'managed' the twitter communications from a central SUFC account to give the fans the communication they so long for. By using his own account he gave fans a direct figure to vent against.

He didn't help himself by spouting line after line of untruths (however big or small) and it reached its peak a few weeks ago when he blocked a few people (including me) for very minor things. All I did was send a Tweet saying watching fans argue with him every week was embarrassing so I was going to un-follow him.

But ultimately lads, he's been found out or rather the owners have and that is why he has disappeared but don't worry he will be back should we either a) consolidate a play off place b) sign a DOF C) need to prompt mass season ticket renewals with rumours of BIG singings.

Jim Phipps - The boy who cried wolf.

Nice guy but stay away from Social Media.

Surely he will have to reappear on some type of media to give feedback on his JTW statement and the flash vote or what was the point of it.

Do you mean someone like this Fatty?

fortune-teller-11706561.jpg
:confused:

Heard Jim is making an announcement Next week thats whats been said on facebook by someone who is a reliable source

I will make a guess, the Prince is still involved, but investment has been scaled down, until we are in the Championship.

Or am I glass half full again??

Even he can't polish a turd and he's run out of glitter to roll them in. I think the silence is the beginning of the end for HRH, he's probabley realised he's been taken for a mug by now, well I hope he has cause until he does we will stay in reverse.

Back
Top Bottom