Hammond and Coutts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

alcoblade

Reaction score
Words fail me.

Hammond had a better game, which isn't hard. - 5

Coutts. Wow, just wow. An absolute fucking passenger throughout. Pedestrian and poor. He put his shirt on the right way - 1

UTB

Thought they all played really well today, a flash of brilliance from a decent team got them the draw. We deserved 3 points though

They did OK it seemed to me and even Edwards was praising Hammond.

Barnsley are by their own fans admission absolutely terrible. That was another seemingly relegation doomed team we didn't beat again today to go alongside Crewe and Shrewsbury

Think a lot of people need to swallow their pride and accept what we have become. We are on a par with teams in league 1 who have fans that "by their own fans admission are terrible" and may I add are in the bottom half of the table and can't buy a win

Think a lot of people need to swallow their pride and accept what we have become. We are on a par with teams in league 1 who have fans that "by their own fans admission are terrible" and may I add are in the bottom half of the table and can't buy a win

Like I have said before Sam, slowly but surely, over the last few years, we have sold off our best players and replaced them with adequate players, and then sold the adequate players and replaced them with poor players. So we end up with a team of a couple of good players, a handful of adequate and the rest poor.

I think (or at least I hope!) that the board know that the relegation zone will be too much for a lot of fans and the gates will drop. They need to have a plan in place for January for transfers and it needs to be bold, push the boat out.

We've become that way by apologising fro performances like that by Paul Coutts.

I cannot think of one thing he did right for the entire 90 minutes, after focussing on our midfield today. He is a complete passenger for the vast majority of the time - but today, even when he got on the ball, he misplaced his pass.

He normally has crisp short range passing. That's the only part of his game worth commenting on. Today even that was shite.

We really must address it, or we're in a relegation fight.

UTB

^^ too much mobility for us. :(

UTB

Words fail me.

Hammond had a better game, which isn't hard. - 5

Coutts. Wow, just wow. An absolute fucking passenger throughout. Pedestrian and poor. He put his shirt on the right way - 1

UTB
Sorry but that is just complete bollocks.

Reactions: Gee
Hammond coutts and Basham all played well completely controlled midfield. Missed chances and bad substitutions cost us the game

The midfield was competent today for the first hour or so anyway. But it's all so sloooooow... Which is the problem, Hammond and Coutts together is not the solution to me and putting Bash In there just puts three of more or less the same type of player together.

We need the box to box midfielder we lost when Coady refused to sign.

Hammond coutts and Basham all played well completely controlled midfield. Missed chances and bad substitutions cost us the game
That's how the commentators on Radio Pig saw it. The Barnsley pundit was lamenting how little their midfield central pairing contributed (including the much vaunted Horihan). Maybe our lot did ok after all in centre mid?

The midfield was competent today for the first hour or so anyway. But it's all so sloooooow... Which is the problem, Hammond and Coutts together is not the solution to me and putting Bash In there just puts three of more or less the same type of player together.
I saw that line up in midfield and thought they would run riot. Coutts, Hammond and basham? I don't rate basham in midfield despite a couple of reasonable games.

But Adkins must see something in Coutts and Hammond which baffles me.

I actually rate Coutts, but he needs energetic players around him. Basham runs around but rarely does much else - like track his man

Coutts - I stand by my assertion - he didn't do one thing right, on top of being a complete and utter lazy bastard / legs gone.

Hammond was OK (maybe I could have given him 6), but he too isn't energetic enough. Basham was energetic.

None the less, it's a complete weak spot. The defence is shit, but definitely made more so by a midfield who simply cannot hold the ball and cannot pressurise the opposition.

Replacing Coutts with a better player is literally an open goal. Scougall is shit, but at least brings energy.

UTB

You watch a different game to me , coutts linked with brayford and done time and again, should have scored admittedly and won plenty of balls in midfield. Everybody in our car thought coutts brayford and done were our best players.

You watch a different game to me , coutts linked with brayford and done time and again, should have scored admittedly and won plenty of balls in midfield. Everybody in our car thought coutts brayford and done were our best players.
Wow. If you get chance, watch it again.

You can accuse me of the opposite, but I definitely think you want to see good in him for the sake of it.

It reminds me of the days when you took issue with me pointing out how poor Porter was. :)

We're in this division for good reason.

We're in this division for good reason.

You can argue over individuals and what we see but week in, week out this is the statement of fact that matters. How do we get out of this tailspin? Better men than us are in the managers seat and you have to wonder what is really going on behind the scenes to make a good manager (he is), the one before him (because he was as well) and several other ones who have been decent managers all appear to be out of control of the group of players we have.

By the way, an away draw at Barnsley in isolation isn't the worst result in the world, neither was the draw at Walsall (christ I really said that). Brayford is back so there is some good news there, but can a right back single handedly put us back in the frame? I doubt it but that is in reality what we are asking him to do.

I'm pragmatic about todays results but what is clear is something has to change. I'm beyond knowing what it is but I know it isn't the manager because we keep changing them and it actually gets worse rather than better. So can we change the record because the old one doesn't have any grooves any longer?

Well it isn't down to coutts is it ,he's only played a few games, I want to see every players do well and will say when they don't, I cam honestly say none of the starting 11 had a poor game and we deserved to win.

It reminds me of the days when you took issue with me pointing out how poor Porter was. .

I'd argue that also, because we haven't exactly set the world alight since he left have we?

You can argue over individuals and what we see but week in, week out this is the statement of fact that matters. How do we get out of this tailspin? Better men than us are in the managers seat and you have to wonder what is really going on behind the scenes to make a good manager (he is), the one before him (because he was as well) and several other ones who have been decent managers all appear to be out of control of the group of players we have.

By the way, an away draw at Barnsley in isolation isn't the worst result in the world, neither was the draw at Walsall (christ I really said that). Brayford is back so there is some good news there, but can a right back single handedly put us back in the frame? I doubt it but that is in reality what we are asking him to do.

I'm pragmatic about todays results but what is clear is something has to change. I'm beyond knowing what it is but I know it isn't the manager because we keep changing them and it actually gets worse rather than better. So can we change the record because the old one doesn't have any grooves any longer?

Oh aye, there's a lot wrong - so much so that I just don't know where to start anymore.

For the first time in years, we appointed a good manager. We've given him money to spend - yet in no time he looks like a shit manager and his signings look shit.

I'm only guessing - but I question the process that stumps up the players that we sign. It's as though number 1 on the list is "Must look like they are running in treacle".

I can comment on the things I am confident on - that replacing Paul Coutts by any player on our books will be a step forward.

UTB

Oh aye, there's a lot wrong - so much so that I just don't know where to start anymore.

For the first time in years, we appointed a good manager. We've given him money to spend - yet in no time he looks like a shit manager and his signings look shit.

I'm only guessing - but I question the process that stumps up the players that we sign. It's as though number 1 on the list is "Must look like they are running in treacle".

UTB

Yeah yeah, but it's been this way for years now.

And yet Edwards said he thought it wasn't the players that were the problem, he seemed to think it was the "TACTICS" but then what does he know.........:rolleyes:

And yet Edwards said he thought it wasn't the players that were the problem, he seemed to think it was the "TACTICS" but then what does he know.........:rolleyes:
After 5 years in this division under 4 different managers, I can confidently state that the players really are shit.

Now, we can also improve tactically I'm sure - but cut and carve tactics how you want - this shower of shite will not get us out of this division in the direction that we want.

The relegation fight started today for me.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom