Get Behind The Team

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mr glossop

Reaction score
I know we been average this year but now is not the time to berate the team.I do think the team needed a lift in terms of a player or two but we ain't got em so we move on.Maybe make Brayford Captain again?
Just ask yourself this do you work better when encouraged/praised or when your told how shit you are?As a team we are good enough but if the doubt sets in suddenly we won't be !

I know we been average this year but now is not the time to berate the team.I do think the team needed a lift in terms of a player or two but we ain't got em so we move on.Maybe make Brayford Captain again?
Just ask yourself this do you work better when encouraged/praised or when your told how shit you are?As a team we are good enough but if the doubt sets in suddenly we won't be !

Let's hope the team get behind the fans in the two way street of support .

UTB

You're supporting the wrong team mate.

18,000 plus gates suggest the problems might not lie with the support.. Just a thought.

Fans fault again?

You 19000 wankers, look what you've done to the club.

Didn't say it was the fans fault but being well supported is no guarantee for success.By all means if we don't ge promotion (AGAIN) then we have the right to be f****d off but if your that unhappy get to Birmingham tomorrow or just don't go.I don't clap at every game I go to but for f**k sake anybody would think we were Grimsby - no offence intended

Didn't say it was the fans fault but being well supported is no guarantee for success.By all means if we don't ge promotion (AGAIN) then we have the right to be f****d off but if your that unhappy get to Birmingham tomorrow or just don't go.I don't clap at every game I go to but for f**k sake anybody would think we were Grimsby - no offence intended

Sign of the times pal. Called out for asking fans to get behind the team. Yet Brian the Blade is lauded by some and we chant "You're fucking shit" at the team.

Yes let's get behind the team .I will do but if things don't go our way they'll be a clamor of "you don't know what your doing" . Its hard to disagree with that sentiment . 5 years in league one and no signs of a return to the championship in the near future.
They have brought the players and the managers to the club , not the supporters.
We pay our money to watch them and are free to voice our opinions.

I think the Guys at the top have made some very poor decisions to say the least but that ain't the players fault although they haven't helped themselves sometimes

I think the Guys at the top have made some very poor decisions to say the least but that ain't the players fault although they haven't helped themselves sometimes
Yep, we need a reset, a clean sheet, everyone to get pulling in the same direction .............

That moment aint even on the horizon

Just need to turn a few more of them draws into win's to land in the play off's..then who knows..

The numbers have been there all season, and the quality of support has been nowhere near as bad as has been suggested by some. We've been in fine voice considering the insipid, gutless shite we've had in return.

We've been crap many times in history. Sometimes it's the manager and it's almost always the board to varying degrees.

But this time it's the players themselves. I detest the culture amongst this squad. They are not representative of my club and I want them gone.
I'll be cheering for United tomorrow, but only the name, because it's all we have left.

The numbers have been there all season, and the quality of support has been nowhere near as bad as has been suggested by some. We've been in fine voice considering the insipid, gutless shite we've had in return.

We've been crap many times in history. Sometimes it's the manager and it's almost always the board to varying degrees.

But this time it's the players themselves. I detest the culture amongst this squad. They are not representative of my club and I want them gone.
I'll be cheering for United tomorrow, but only the name, because it's all we have left.
Rubbish, they may be crap but it's not their fault .it's the management , and I mean the board and the manager.

I for one hope we dont give them a 3 goal start again im sure nige will have said dont lose this one reckon a draw u t b

Rubbish, they may be crap but it's not their fault .it's the management , and I mean the board and the manager.

I couldn't care less if they were crap. This season it's worse than that.
Their attitude is rotten to core. It's a cop-out to blame the manager every time. They have no sense of personal responsibility whatsoever for anything they do.

These allegedly insipid, gutless, and shite players (with two League losses in the past three months) have come from behind a number of times this season, and shown a far greater commitment to the cause than some of the fans.

The players have my support - if we get behind them we have a chance of promotion.
  • "You're not fit to wear the shirt."
  • "We're fucking shit."
  • Booing the team off at half time when they're 1-0 and giving the opposition a footballing lesson
  • Screaming purple-faced death wishes at young lifelong Blade keeper
  • Abusing the club captain within earshot during a game
  • Cheering when players are subbed
  • Relentless abuse of the co-chairman on social media
etc.

What would it look like if it was bad? :eek:

These allegedly insipid, gutless, and shite players (with two League losses in the past three months) have come from behind a number of times this season, and shown a far greater commitment to the cause than some of the fans.

The players have my support - if we get behind them we have a chance of promotion.
  • "We're fucking shit."
  • Booing the team off at half time when they're 1-0 and giving the opposition a footballing lesson
etc.

9th in the third division is fuckin bad, wake up.

• "We're fucking shit."
etc.

Has it worked to kick start our season . Is there any truth in the above , and it's positive affect , that you cannot piss up a fans back. The realisation of the players .

Blame the paying public .

Only happens in Spain , Italy and of course Sheffield United in the UK. We do ask for too much though don't we .

UTB

Has it worked to kick start our season . Is there any truth in the above , and it's positive affect , that you cannot piss up a fans back. The realisation of the players .

Blame the paying public .

Only happens in Spain , Italy and of course Sheffield United in the UK. We do ask for too much though don't we .

UTB

Don't understand.

These fuckers and that includes Adkins need to realise, this is what they have to follow, 10 years nearly

2006_01.jpg

I think the salient point is if you think we're shit, you're unlikely to see a huge improvement before the end of the season. If you hate the players then you aren't likely to change your mind and besides there's no new players coming in. It is what it is.

IF we make the top 6 it'll be a slow, attritional battle until the end of the season. All the OP is saying is get behind the players, make the best of it and try and wring the last measly drops of enjoyment from the damp SUFC facecloth. Because if you are going to throw the toys out of the pram at every mishap, you'll run out of toys by March and it's a long time until May.

• "We're fucking shit."
etc.

Perhaps you should ask why this team has had to come from behind so many times?

Because the other one has invariably seized the initiative, whilst our merry band of Billy Big Bollocks types have been content to plod along in first gear until going a goal or three down gets their attention.

And you're talking to the wrong guy when you criticize the conduct of a section of our support. Because I've condemned those idiots in the harshest possible terms myself.

That doesn't detract from the fact that the bulk of us have backed this club faithfully and been catagorically short changed thus far.

Did I say I wouldn't celebrate promotion this year?

Or are you putting words in my mouth again?

Why would you celebrate the achievement of players/a manager you neither rate, support or would pay money to watch?

Players you constantly berate.

That's just perverse..

I'm with you in principle on this (and will never berate a team before the end of the game, unless they are really and obviously not giving a shit). Not sure if we are quite good enough though TBH.

Back
Top Bottom