Brandy - Wants a quick decision

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Plenty of opportunity on the pitch to "make a difference" and to make himself "undroppable" but he chose to have a major attitude problem.

I would prefer to see us sell him asap, get him off the wages bill and get another player in with pace & an end product.
UTB & FTP

A shame as he's got some decent attributes, but let's hope we'll get a better replacement.

We've been lucky that Murphy has stayed fit the past few months. Without him, the only forward player providing us with pace and real dribbling ability, I think we'd still be fitghting to avoid relegation and we'd have no cup run to speak of. We must have more cover next season. A permanent move for Ben Davies will not at all be sufficient.

Bye bye midget!

We should get rid ASAP or ship him out to league 2 and bring his inflated ego down abit. Was a shame because he looked like such a threat at the start of the season but he just too much of a nob

Hmmmmm....if people are willing to take Ched back, then presuming Nigel wants Brandy (dunno if rumours are true about 'differences' or not) and Brandy is willing to get his head down and work for the team then get him back.

He's contracted to us.
He can score for fun in this league.
..and he gives us another fast,attacking option over the long season to come.

UTB!

A shame as he's got some decent attributes, but let's hope we'll get a better replacement.

We've been lucky that Murphy has stayed fit the past few months. Without him, the only forward player providing us with pace and real dribbling ability, I think we'd still be fitghting to avoid relegation and we'd have no cup run to speak of. We must have more cover next season. A permanent move for Ben Davies will not at all be sufficient.

Hi Bergen Blade, I don't think that signing Davies was ever viewed as being back-up for any of the forwards.

I read the blurb about Brandy asking/demanding clarification about next season, but that's not his shout. Players need to understand that as much as a club has to commit to it's contractual obligations, so does a player. So zip it short-arse, you disappointed while you were here, so a bit more of what's called dedication from yourself would be refreshing.

You're right though BB, we are woefully short up front, and we've done well to have gotten as far as we have without any serious forward threat. I think we'd all hope that Nigel is painfully aware of the need for at least two forwards, whatever that combination might be. Of course, midfield and defence will need strengthening too, but that's Cloughie's job, so in Nigel we trust UTB

Hmmmmm....if people are willing to take Ched back, then presuming Nigel wants Brandy (dunno if rumours are true about 'differences' or not) and Brandy is willing to get his head down and work for the team then get him back.

He's contracted to us.

UTB!

4 goals in 29 starts this season. Not exactly what I'd call "scoring for fun".

He's contracted to us.

UTB!

Can he? I remember him missing an absolute sitter and dont think he scored a single goal for us. 4 goals in a season isnt scoring for fun. He can certainly get red cards for fun though the little twat

*edit, you just beat me to it Southall

Hi Bergen Blade, I don't think that signing Davies was ever viewed as being back-up for any of the forwards.

I know he can't play striker, Davies has been back up for Flynn/Murphy. I think it is an absolute necessity to have pace out wide or up front, i.e. at least one of the wide men or the lone striker has to have it. And while it's been ok when he's stepped in for Flynn, I think we'd have really struggled if he'd played instead of Murphy.

I might be getting grumpy as I age, but I really don't care that Brandy can do step-overs and a trick or two. Whenever I've seen him, these skills have created nothing for us. It was footballing masturbation.

Nor do I see him as fast. He has a low centre of gravity which makes him capable of jinking around but in terms of raw, damaging pace, nah...

I know he can't play striker, Davies has been back up for Flynn/Murphy. I think it is an absolute necessity to have pace out wide or up front, i.e. at least one of the wide men or the lone striker has to have it. And while it's been ok when he's stepped in for Flynn, I think we'd have really struggled if he'd played instead of Murphy.

I think that's what I was saying mate, I agree with you.

We're searching for that thing that all clubs are desperate for, forwards who can score. Clough has said as much, so it'll be interesting to see who he pursues.

I think he's worth another chance two red cards and injuries didn't help, thought he was unlucky with the second red, I rated him but Nigel will have the last say and that's good enough for me!

I might be getting grumpy as I age, but I really don't care that Brandy can do step-overs and a trick or two. Whenever I've seen him, these skills have created nothing for us. It was footballing masturbation.

Nor do I see him as fast. He has a low centre of gravity which makes him capable of jinking around but in terms of raw, damaging pace, nah...

On this forum there are loads of posts saying Murphy is slow (!) and not good enough for the english third tier. We shouldn't dismiss all players on the basis of them not looking good under the disaster that was David Weir. Regarding his sending offs, they don't mean a thing to me if he doesn't do it again. I see he hasn't got a single booking at Walsall.

I agree he hasn't been effective for us, but I think he could have improved, like Murphy and Flynn, with the right instructions. In some recent away games, like Preston and Tranmere, Flynn and Davies failed to create anything, though they admittedly have been "digging in". Maybe Brandy could have been a better option in terms of us creating more. HOWEVER - there may be something else behind him not being given a real chance by Clough. He may have been a mardy arse in training or reluctant to do the defensive work required, I don't know. I'm pretty sure he will leave this summer and hope we'll find someone even better.

Cloughs Snr could get the best out of problem players Kenny Burns etc I think Brandy is worth another chance and if
anyone can get the best out of him its NC I think Brandy could well come back next season!

I like the way the article says that "he failed to settle" as though it was nothing to do with him and that chinning the opposition is all lumped in under circumstances beyond his control.

All about opinions.
No one has been 'scoring for fun' for us this season....

IMO he is more than able at this level...it's whether he's willing...

If you think that was a punch Trigger then I would stop going out if I were you, Brandy flicked him at best, a foul at the worst!

Read the link in the OP and accompanying it is a report on Walsall's last game v Gillingham. Brandy features seven times in goal threat situations and scored his side's only goal. The lad can play in the right environment, no need to say otherwise, though he did not serve Weir well as one of his main signings- probably too much pressure with us whereas he is established back at Walsall. Every situation has it's own story and confidence and feeling wanted is a big part of any story. Brandy never settled with us and was all over the place mentally.

When he played in that pre-season game against that Greek? lot, he looked as though he had skill and pace and he seemed to work pretty hard, in the few games I saw him after that he seemed to have none of these attributes. I suspect that he needs to have a really convincing team focused pre-season to have any chance of a future with us, but if he is able to buy into the team ethos and work rate that Cloughie clearly regards as essential then undoubtedly he has the basic attributes to make an impact at this level. Having said that my hunch is he'll be long gone before the season starts.

Back
Top Bottom