Blades v Scunthorpe - Match Highlights

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thanks for that. Can't see why Moore is being slated for their first, it was a quality strike. Basham's challenge didn't look look like a straight red to me but might have been a result of things that had gone off before. And our penalty? Dangerous kicking for sure, but Diego Costa's attempted decapitation of Kyle Naughton a couple of weeks ago?

Moore was poor for their first. Beaten by a side footed shot at the near post. It's not like he put his laces through it

Moore definitely should have done better for their first and maybe even their second. That said, really disappointing to see Coutts get bypassed so easily, he had to get a foot in, or take him down, he's been improved lately in the 3 man but you can see why he struggles in a 2 man with such an alarming lack of mobility. To be honest I don't think we possess the players for a 2 man central midfield, they're all lacking qualities to be effective in that position. For now, we must stick with the formation we have.

Just a note from our last couple of games, Peterborough split us open a couple of times down the right side of our defence and almost scored with players scrambling across. Yesterday, their first goal came from the same thing. Something that needs to be addressed. However, a very well earned point on the road and I love seeing us score training ground goals like Basham's.

Our first goal was excellent. Great to see.

The Morris goal was abysmal goalkeeping. Moore is a huge improvement from Long and was the match winner last week but has made mistakes (Oxford home too cost us). He was stood in completely the wrong position and left his near post exposed. If he blazes it across him into the far corner then it is fair dos but you cannot be beaten there.

The second Coutts contribution is really poor. He just lets the player get away from him and makes a token effort to get back. I saw this a few times last week second half where he looked like the lazy Coutts of last season. He has done well this season but worried some of those languid tendencies have started to creep in. I also thought Moore should have done better. It did bounce but it was shot I expect my keeper to save.

As I have said I think the red card was merited. Might not be the conventional view.

The penalty was nailed on. Stupid challenge. Does make me laugh that you can boot someone on the shin a la Basham and get sent off but then when someone does the same to Scougall; just a yellow? It does seem to be case universally with such challenges.

Dwayne Holmes (Number 19) tore us a new one throughout the match. We struggled to handle his pace and precision.

Objectively speaking, his efforts warranted a goal but you can't allow yourself to be beaten from that distance.

The Morris goal was abysmal goalkeeping. Moore is a huge improvement from Long and was the match winner last week but has made mistakes (Oxford home too cost us). He was stood in completely the wrong position and left his near post exposed. If he blazes it across him into the far corner then it is fair dos but you cannot be beaten there.

The second Coutts contribution is really poor. He just lets the player get away from him and makes a token effort to get back. I saw this a few times last week second half where he looked like the lazy Coutts of last season. He has done well this season but worried some of those languid tendencies have started to creep in. I also thought Moore should have done better. It did bounce but it was shot I expect my keeper to save.

As I have said I think the red card was merited. Might not be the conventional view.

The penalty was nailed on. Stupid challenge. Does make me laugh that you can boot someone on the shin a la Basham and get sent off but then when someone does the same to Scougall; just a yellow? It does seem to be case universally with such challenges.
We switched to 442 after Morris' equaliser because Morris was exploiting the gap on or right side of the defence meaning Basham was back in CM and then that tackle happened

Can't believe Moore is taking so much criticism... The first was a powerful strike and I'm more concerned about the time and space he was given rather than the keeper. The second is hard to judge due to the angle but again, allowed to roam through our midfield? We'd have lost that game with Long in net.

Seems like the red card was deserved when you slow it down and I think Moore was at fault for the first goal as well. Unlucky bounce with their second goal though.

Moore definitely should have done better for their first and maybe even their second. That said, really disappointing to see Coutts get bypassed so easily, he had to get a foot in, or take him down, he's been improved lately in the 3 man but you can see why he struggles in a 2 man with such an alarming lack of mobility. To be honest I don't think we possess the players for a 2 man central midfield, they're all lacking qualities to be effective in that position. For now, we must stick with the formation we have.

Just a note from our last couple of games, Peterborough split us open a couple of times down the right side of our defence and almost scored with players scrambling across. Yesterday, their first goal came from the same thing. Something that needs to be addressed. However, a very well earned point on the road and I love seeing us score training ground goals like Basham's.

Coutts was already on a yellow so made the correct decision as any contact would have had Deadman wanking himself off and we couldn't go with 2 midfielders missing against Bristol.

Seems like the red card was deserved when you slow it down and I think Moore was at fault for the first goal as well. Unlucky bounce with their second goal though.
Basham should have been sent off earlier for his impression of a sliding housebrick

Basham's goal really was an impressive one. Straight from the training ground. Great move.

Yep, superb stuff.

Reminded me of a corner routine with Beesley and Hodges years ago, anyone remember that?

Moore was crap on their first goal, and Freeman was torn apart by their left winger. Still superb point in the end after going down to 10.
In my view Basham was always going to be sent off for that thesedays.

Scunnys first was weird, if you watch Moore in the build up to the goal he was casually positioning himself and not set for that shot at all until it was too late, was as if he wasnt reading the play at all, and the shot was no harder than the one from a similar position he saved fairly comfortably at 1:18.
The second Scunny goal, was wondering if it took a slight deflection on the way through and it did dip down bouncing before he put his hand there, awkward shots them.

Can't believe Moore is taking so much criticism... The first was a powerful strike and I'm more concerned about the time and space he was given rather than the keeper. The second is hard to judge due to the angle but again, allowed to roam through our midfield? We'd have lost that game with Long in net.

It was really poor goalkeeping. He hit it hard but was from way over on the angle and he should be covering that side of the goal. It seems to go through him. The second also was not very good and i would expect him to get a palm on it.

I do like Moore but they were poor errors for me.

Our first goal was
59212457.jpg

Moore has been a massive improvement on Long, but he deserves criticism for both goals there.

Back
Top Bottom