Another Reed love thread.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

highpeakblade

Shoreham Street - Til Death Us Do Part
Reaction score
Once again this lad astonishes me. As well all know youngster generally try and do too much but this guy plays with an experienced brain 10 years senior to his age. It is unreal when you think how old he actually is!!.....His ability to read the game is astonishing and his eye for that killer ball is second to none.

Tie him up on a long term contract then sit back and watch this lad blossom. He is destined to be an unbelievable talent if he keeps developing at the rate that he is doing.

Reed was excellent today and has been in most games he's played this season.

Agreed, i can't remember our club bringing through a better central midfielder from the youth ranks. He's a real talent.

Yes, that will be the worry, especially if we don't go up. But from what I hear he's very level headed, at his age he's likely to stay with us & get the first team experience & nurturing he's getting for at least another couple of seasons.

Yes, that will be the worry, especially if we don't go up. But from what I hear he's very level headed, at his age he's likely to stay with us & get the first team experience & nurturing he's getting for at least another couple of seasons.
Hope so! :)

We are quietly building an excellent young squad, somebody posted the ages on here recently, it was an eye opener. I think Reed will realise what he is part of.

It was Silva-esque how he played that ball through to Brayford

someone posted on BM somat about a ruling that due to his age, can only signed on a contract up to a maximum 3 years which he signed recently

Fair dos. And if he wants to go for more money/better prospects, we can't do owt about it - similar to what we're trying with ED at Chezzie.

However...

GET FUCKING SELL-ON CLAUSES IN THEIR FUCKING CONTRACTS!!!

Take him in the car park and show him Joe Shaw then tell him after 700 games he can stand at the side of him.

Thought they all did great! I'd include Kennedy as well.....looked after by Bash. :)
I was very impressed with Tel seeing out 90 minutes in difficult circumstances after an early booking. He was solid first half and got better as the game went on, capping a good display with an excellent assist at the end.

But better than that was how Che and Reedy, given their ages and first team experience, kept their composure and just kept playing their football despite all Swindon's antics (Che being taken out hip-high and Reedy getting kicked in the back particularly!).

Future England star? Partnering Will Hughes in the middle (says something about Cloughy). Hope he can make it there with us as we start to climb the leagues.

Once again this lad astonishes me. As well all know youngster generally try and do too much but this guy plays with an experienced brain 10 years senior to his age. It is unreal when you think how old he actually is!!.....His ability to read the game is astonishing and his eye for that killer ball is second to none.

Tie him up on a long term contract then sit back and watch this lad blossom. He is destined to be an unbelievable talent if he keeps developing at the rate that he is doing.
agreed we need to hit him with a 5 year contract at first team wages make it clear to him he is the future of our midfield whenever he plays i forget that he has just come out of the academy

agreed we need to hit him with a 5 year contract at first team wages make it clear to him he is the future of our midfield whenever he plays i forget that he has just come out of the academy

Considering how many of Cloughs players follow him around another danger of losing Reed would be Nigel moving on?

Looks to be a cracking player. I don't know about you but I could watch this all day long:

c14afbe161b916646e0064ce26d9ed33.gif

(Can't suss out how to embed that. gif, but if someone knows how, feel free)

Admin edit - Done it for you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That pass from Reed was quality. Had that been someone like Gerrard the pundits would have been creaming themselves silly over it. Che was a bit unlucky not to score too.

Nothings happening to reed, he's chuffed to bits at the minute and loves clough, going nowhere..

They can sniff, but its not gonna change owt, our player.

Agreed, i can't remember our club bringing through a better central midfielder from the youth ranks. He's a real talent.
And was very close to being cut from the academy, not a regular starter, didn't stand out technically and only given a one year scholarship. Dispite that snub, he proves them wrong through sheer hard work and determination he's now a player I think we're all excited about.
Exactly the sort of player you want coming through as it puts him in good stead for the challenges ahead. I hope he's with us for a long time, and that we're playing at a level to make that happen.

Last edited:

And was very close to being cut from the academy, not a regular starter, didn't stand out technically and only given a one year scholarship. Dispite that snub, he proves them wrong through sheer hard work and determination he's now a player I think we're all excited about.
Exactly the sort of player you want coming through as it puts him in good stead for the challenges ahead. I hope he's with us for a long time, and that we're playing at a level to make that happen.

That's remarkable. I thought if a young player doesn't stand out technically and doesn't have obviously pace or height, then they're dead in the water. The management must have seen something in him...

Back
Top Bottom