Outgoing? Ryan Flynn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My view on Flynn is that he's always tried his best, his effort is decent and he seems to care about the club. I really thought he'd kick on when he started playing regularly under Wilson in his second season but he's had injuries and he just doesn't have the creativity to open up defences, and in our position, especially at home when teams sit deep, we need players who can do that bit of magic on a semi regular basis! That's the difference between Flynn and Murphy. I think we can do better than Flynn and he's no longer 23, you can only have potential so long before its just mediocrity. I wish him well though if he leaves and I think whether we keep or let go of Flynn will be an early indicator of how high the bar is in terms of player recruitment. It could just be though that Flynn's on decent wages though and Adkins wants his own man. We must improve on Woolford though!

Spot on.

So he's staying then.

Hope not! Its time for him to join Southend or somewhere similar! As I said he's not a bad player but we need someone better like a Nathan Byrne type.

Ben Marshall is interesting Brighton,where will that leave Murphy he looks like he has dropped down the pecking order,saw him on the bench versus Derby.What about a cheeky loan move.

Ben Marshall is interesting Brighton,where will that leave Murphy he looks like he has dropped down the pecking order,saw him on the bench versus Derby.What about a cheeky loan move.

Maybe if we were in the Championship. Same goes for Nick Blackman.

as long as he's on sensible wages wouldn't be totally against keeping him around as backup for another year if only due to his versatility and the fact there's so many others that also need shifting in the summer.

absolutely zero interest in seeing him in any sort of prominent first team role though. in the 5 years he's been here he's had 2 separate spells where he's looked genuinely good (both of which lasted for all of about a month and happened to coincide with contract renewal time), but been distinctly average for the rest of it. he's also very injury prone and slowly approaching 30 so its safe to say he's not going to suddenly become a world beater.

we should be aiming so much higher.

Flynn has been very inconsistent, but I thought his best spell was when he played at right back, which I still think is his best position. Good defensively, worked hard and got up and down the pitch to provide an attacking threat, so naturally, Utd bought John Brayford, which saw him moved back into midfield where sadly, he's too small and lightweight to compete at the same level. :(

Flynn has been very inconsistent, but I thought his best spell was when he played at right back, which I still think is his best position. Good defensively, worked hard and got up and down the pitch to provide an attacking threat, so naturally, Utd bought John Brayford, which saw him moved back into midfield where sadly, he's too small and lightweight to compete at the same level. :(

Yep, that's another great reason Brayford shouldn't have been signed. Flynn did well there and should have been given a longer run. But he could've played like Cafu and Clough would've still signed Brayford. After all, he'd chased him for months and it was only £2m.

Yep, that's another great reason Brayford shouldn't have been signed. Flynn did well there and should have been given a longer run. But he could've played like Cafu and Clough would've still signed Brayford. After all, he'd chased him for months and it was only £2m.
This is what annoys me about the shit coming out from KM and Phipps. Surely it wouldn't have been that difficult to just say 'Nige, he's a right back, we're not paying that kind of money for him.'

His best spells for us have usually appeared in the 6 months prior to him being out of contract. If we're serious about getting out of this league next year we need 2 big centre backs, at least one pacey winger (preferably 2) and a solid no nonsense central midfielder. Flynn doesn't fit the bill for any of these so should be moved on. That said we'll prbably renew his contract and then compound this by bringing Hammond in full time. :(

Back
Top Bottom