Lets put this FFP excuse to bed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FriethBlade

Reaction score
For the 'board apologists' constantly stating we have to operate within the FFP rules how many of you have read them ?

It states explicitly that ' revenue includes donations and injections of equity from the owner to the club'....it further clarifys that 'in league 1 and 2 a wealthy owner can fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions '

It also says that profit on transfer fees is included in revenue (murphs and harry 4m?) and that there r no restrictions on fees paid.

There we go, pretty clear isn't it ?

So the fact the prince can fund a transfer as and when, makes it even harder to understand why the Murphy money hasn't been spent and why it seems that Hammonds wages are a sticking point as FFP is not an issue.

The logical conclusion is he doesn't have the money to spend or doesn't want to

Last edited:
"Clubs that are still within the Football League that break FFP rules can be punished with various sanctions, including the deduction of points and transfer embargoes restricting further activity."

Mal sure kept that transfer embargo quiet.

For the 'board apologists' constantly stating we have to operate within the FFP rules how many of you have read them ?

It states explicitly that ' revenue includes donations and injections of equity from the owner to the club'....it further clarifys that 'in league 1 and 2 a wealthy owner can fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions '

It also says that profit on transfer fees is included in revenue (murphs and harry 4m?) and that there r no restrictions on fees paid.

So the fact the prince can fund a transfer as and when, makes it even harder to understand why the Murphy money hasn't been spent and why it seems that Hammonds wages are a sticking point as FFP is not an issue.

Unless I'm missing something I find posts like this almost literally incredible.

The Prince is spending around £5m (that's Five Million Pounds) of *his own money* every season.

Instead of support or gratitude or any number of other perhaps more appropriate responses he gets a complaint: "It's not enough you tight-arsed bastard."

It's like someone buys you a fleet of cars for Christmas and you complain bc they're not all Ferraris.

Am I missing something?

It's like someone buys you a fleet of cars for Christmas and you complain bc they're not all Ferraris.

Am I missing something?

Not only are they not all Ferraris, it turns out we got 5 Skodas and a skateboard.

OK I exagerrate,we've made some decent signings, bt you omit the fact that we sold our best player too and failed to improve the areas of Central defence and central midfield which have been screaming for improvement since the end of last season.

Last edited:
Aiui FFP actually works against us in some ways bc in Division 3 the owners can basically spend what they feel like, up against a rich and indulgent owner our gates are largely irrelevant.

So the club *also* wrongly gets beaten with the stick that we must be the richest bc we are the best supported.

its the old wheres the money gone concept
as we still await pen on paper for loans the conspiracy theorists are going into hyper drive

once again "the club" is going all out to shit on the fans apparently ,
despite keeping our ticket prices 30% lower than the shits from across the city

Am I missing something but haven't we offloaded Murphy for £1.5, saving his wages and just off loaded Higdon for three months so surely there is spare cash within FFP assuming we were within the parameters before September ???

Wondered what were the benefits of enduring so long in the 3rd tier of football was, cheap season tickets Wow. Other 3rd tier clubs have gained promotion and kept ticket prices at a reasonable level, not all clubs are like our neighbours.

Wondered what were the benefits of enduring so long in the 3rd tier of football was, cheap season tickets Wow. Other 3rd tier clubs have gained promotion and kept ticket prices at a reasonable level, not all clubs are like our neighbours.

Different boards treat their fans differently. Ours communicate clearly and regularly. Spend huge amounts of personal wealth, sign fan favourites and Bladey-Blades like the Beard and Billy, sack and pay off Clough and his entourage, and appoint and pay Adkins and his team.

Then there's the signing of Sammon, Edgar, and Woolford who've all.dropped down a level - with varying success, but that's not the point.

Overtures to Hammond in Division 1.

Maybe some details are wrong but the big picture seems clear.

All of this - and the response is they're crap.

This was put to bed a long time ago wasn't it? We still need to work within a budget.

It's not what we spend its how we spend it and this has already been laid out by the club on a number of occasions. We're not going to break the bank in this division but we will spend money. Which we've done.

We clearly need to spend more wisely and in the right areas but there's no denying that we've spent money.

The fact that we've sacked a manager on average every year since the prince came on board suggests that were haemorrhaging money on paying managers contracts is an area that the club really must address

Different boards treat their fans differently. Ours communicate clearly and regularly. Spend huge amounts of personal wealth, sign fan favourites and Bladey-Blades like the Beard and Billy, sack and pay off Clough and his entourage, and appoint and pay Adkins and his team.

Then there's the signing of Sammon, Edgar, and Woolford who've all.dropped down a level - with varying success, but that's not the point.

Overtures to Hammond in Division 1.

Maybe some details are wrong but the big picture seems clear.

All of this - and the response is they're crap.

It's all about opinions, did everybody want Brayford back probably not, the fee and wages could in my opinion have been spent in better ways. As for the board I would say they tell you what you want to hear does it come to anything, only promotion will answer that.

It's all about opinions, did everybody want Brayford back probably not, the fee and wages could in my opinion have been spent in better ways. As for the board I would say they tell you what you want to hear does it come to anything, only promotion will answer that.

Unless this is also part of the grand conspiracy the Beard took a pay cut so we got a Division 2 player and general inspiration or even talisman for below the market rate.

However it works out it was a judgement call, and the basic desire to please the supporters and strengthen the team, beyond just playing ability, is there in that signing.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9846074/qpr-challenge-financial-fair-play-rules

"The club could have a fine of £58m hanging over them if they are found guilty of breaches, and it is possible QPR could be kicked out of the Football League altogether if they do not pay up, and have to start life again in the Conference. "

Yes has no teeth these FFP rules
You always seem to tottaly miss the point of the post you are replying to

He has stated quite clearly that there are different rules for lg 1 and 2 clubs than championship and yet you come in all guns blazing talking about qpr's promotion season to the championship

its the old wheres the money gone concept
as we still await pen on paper for loans the conspiracy theorists are going into hyper drive

once again "the club" is going all out to shit on the fans apparently ,
despite keeping our ticket prices 30% lower than the shits from across the city

I'm not advocating nor agreeing with the OP in the slightest but one point I would respectfully pick up on is that our tickets prices should 30% lower than those across the city as the division we're in is 100% lower!!

Unless this is also part of the grand conspiracy the Beard took a pay cut so we got a Division 2 player and general inspiration or even talisman for below the market rate.

However it works out it was a judgement call, and the basic desire to please the supporters and strengthen the team, beyond just playing ability, is there in that signing.

Phipps did say the cost was above 1.5 million, we are not privy to his wages was he worth it again it's down to opinion, did we need a right back at that price not for me. Nobody is saying they haven't put money in the question is has it been spent wisely. Allowing Clough to sign the amount of players he did appears to be coming back to bite us.

If someone starts going on about the freehold, the "sky high" yield from the hotel / offices and (shudder) describes Bramall Lane as a prime development site I literally will go batshit crazy.

Unless I'm missing something I find posts like this almost literally incredible.

The Prince is spending around £5m (that's Five Million Pounds) of *his own money* every season.

Instead of support or gratitude or any number of other perhaps more appropriate responses he gets a complaint: "It's not enough you tight-arsed bastard."

Am I missing something?

And how many years will be keep doing that to no avail? Wouldn't it be better to spend £10m this season to make sure we go up than to spend £5m this season and another £5m next season when we don't up this season?

And could someone provide some evidence of this expenditure please? We appear to be leaking money.

And I have no gratitude towards the Prince. He was given half the club on the basis that he invested. So that's what I expect him to do.

Don't have any issues with the foregoing - but just tell us as it is! If there's no money in the pot say so ! Rather than allow rumours to fester and get so many supporters acting like it's Christmas Eve awaiting their 'present'the next day.!
And for what it's worth if Leicester want more money tell them to Bollocks! I can't say he is top of my wanted list just another of Mr Adkins cronies from a previous life !

Significant outgoings

- Brayford - Over £1.5m apparently, so what, £1.75m?
- New pitch - £1m
- Done - £600k
- Sharp - £500k
- Change of management - Costworthy and to what extent nobody knows but this should have been properly measured and thought through to ensure enough funds were to still be available for the new management.
- Clough's fee paying transfers - I seem to remember the majority joined on free's but we did buy a few, players not worth that much though I wouldn't have thought.

= £3.85m + change of management costs and Clough's spending. Probably taking us over the £4.25m mark.

Significant incomings

- Harry Maguire - £2.5m (BBC)
- Jamie Murphy - Majority have said £1.5m --> £2m, so we'll say £1.75m

= £4.25m

Overall, that leaves us with our only actual expenditure being run of the mill wage paying and small fees here and there under Clough.

'Game changing'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Significant outgoings

- Brayford - Over £1.5m apparently, so what, £1.75m?
- New pitch - £1m
- Done - £600k
- Sharp - £500k
- Change of management - Costworthy and to what extent nobody knows but this should have been properly measured and thought through to ensure enough funds were to still be available for the new management.
- Clough's fee paying transfers - I seem to remember the majority joined on free's but we did buy a few, players not worth that much though I wouldn't have thought.

= £3.85m + change of management costs and Clough's spending. Probably taking us over the £4.25m mark.

Significant incomings

- Harry Maguire - £2.5m (BBC)
- Jamie Murphy - Majority have said £1.5m --> £2m, so we'll say £1.75m

= £4.25m

Overall, that leaves us with our only actual expenditure being run of the mill wage paying and small fees here and there under Clough.

'Game changing'.

I'll give a fiver to the first person who can find anything in there vaguely factual / evidenced. But you'd get better odds finding Lord Lucan or a Pig with a decent sense of humour.

All *that* to shoehorn another (seriously someone please shoot me now) reference to game changing investment. Christ the standard of trolling on here has gone down the toilet of late.

I'll give a fiver to the first person who can find anything in there vaguely factual / evidenced. But you'd get better odds finding Lord Lucan or a Pig with a decent sense of humour.

All *that* to shoehorn another (seriously someone please shoot me now) reference to game changing investment. Christ the standard of trolling on here has gone down the toilet of late.
Bearing in mind i'm using ball park figures largely considered to be true/there or there abouts, list me the factual inaccuracies.

I think there's others equally as sick to death of Clough and Board apologists, waiting to pounce on anyone who dares question an arguably very false remark made by the owners of the club.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could justify and explain how your opinion means that you think mine is false, but it seems you can't or won't do that. I wonder why. :)

Bearing in mind i'm using ball park figures largely considered to be true/there or there abouts, list me the factual inaccuracies.

I think there's others equally as sick to death of Clough and Board apologists, waiting to pounce on anyone who dares question an arguably very false remark made by the owners of the club.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could justify and explain how your opinion means that you think mine is false, but it seems you can't or won't do that. I wonder why that is? :)

Because I can't be arsed Barny. Indeed I'm feeling quite sanguine in the knowledge that the opportunity will arise again in essentially the same post, endorsed methinks by the 2007 Fannie Mae School of Finance, which will be repeated in about 4 days time and then ad nauseum into the indeterminable future.

Last edited:

One of those threads. What most seem to forget is that this is still a business. No matter how much money the board throws at the team there's no guarantee of success. There is no way that we can attract Premiership players, whatever we pay them, so we are down to Championship players and the young talented players will not drop down so you are left with the reserves or the Journeymen. The other option is buying the best of this division or below. Some of these work and others don't, maybe they can't cope with the pressure.
Whatever I do believe that it's very difficult to buy your way out of this league due to the huge amount of money floating around in the divisions above us.
The board has invested in a sensible fashion and backed the manager(s). Not every player who we want, wants to play for us and how many players can we pay 'silly wages' to?
Everyone wants success now but I also want Sheffield United to be in existence in 20 years time.

Back
Top Bottom