Right, who abducted the real Clough?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm not telling anyone anything apart from my opinion. Do what you want, where you want how you want, thats what the forum is about but likewise I should be able to comment on that myself.

I have said questions should be asked and have to be answered with regards our league form, but as I said, after what Clough has done last season and do far this, 2 cup semi finals and a team that was relegation fodder made into play off contenders, the reality is the bloke clearly knows what he is doing. We also don't know the full and real reason for him doing some of the things he does. Of course he doesn't get it 100% right but wouldn't it be nice if the responsibility was shared between players playing badly, the board not giving 100% and the manager rather than just the usual "Clough hasn't got a clue" that eminates from some quarters?
Totally agree with all of this mate,Clough does get a lot of flack thrown his way and you're right,it's not his fault all the time and you're also right in saying we don't know the real reasons as to why he's done some of the things he has this season,but he is the manager and most of the blame will automatically stop at him because that's what a lot of fans like to do,it happens at most football clubs unfortunately.They do like to discuss the possible reasons behind why he's doing it,even though we the fans don't really know for sure.

We clearly still need that bit of extra quality to achieve what we need in getting in the top two or a bit of consistency in team selections which hasn't been Cloughys' fault all the time,even though he does seem to like to tinker quite a bit this season,this could be down to not knowing himself what his best side is,who knows,but you'd have thought he would by now.

In January,if the board can do their bit:),Nige and his scouts do their's,and the players show the endeavour,effort and workrate they did against the saints then i'm sure we have a real chance of turning this into a very memorable season indeed.The fans will always be there supporting in their own special way:)

Not without Sheffield United and Clough agreeing to sign him, no.
As you’re persisting with pushing your bizarre conspiracy theory, would you mind explaining how Warnock has forced United into signing McCarthy against their will?
Clough obviously likes him,otherwise he wouldn't have signed him like you said.It's not a conspiracy theory,the things i state are facts aren't they?Warnock won't play him,answer no. He isn't good enough,answer no he isn't. We are now paying most of his wage,answer yes. Are they really conspiracy theories? Answer no.

You keep persisting with sticking up for a bad signing,in which i think Clough knows he has done but can now do nothing about it until January,in which i am almost certain Clough will not have him back,well i'm hoping so anyway.

Clough obviously likes him,otherwise he wouldn't have signed him like you said.It's not a conspiracy theory,the things i state are facts aren't they?Warnock won't play him,answer no. He isn't good enough,answer no he isn't. We are now paying most of his wage,answer yes. Are they really conspiracy theories? Answer no.

You keep persisting with sticking up for a bad signing,in which i think Clough knows he has done but can now do nothing about it until January,in which i am almost certain Clough will not have him back,well i'm hoping so anyway.

What evidence do you have to support this (conspiracy) theory that Warnock is telling Clough who to pick?

I think that Clough likes him, so Clough signed him and Clough chooses to play him.

What evidence do you have to support this (conspiracy) theory that Warnock is telling Clough who to pick?

I think that Clough likes him, so Clough signed him and Clough chooses to play him.
I refer you to the last reply i gave to Bladesway in that we never really know,but from the snippets iv'e heard and not from on here i may add is that he does indeed have it written in his contract to play every game and the evidence of him playing every game does really back this up because he has rested every other player apart from him this season at some stage.Even when he got sent off he got straight back in,even Higdon didn't get back in as easy as that.

The main word in the bold wording of my post is 'think'.I personally think this from what iv'e heard and more importantly seen.Where we differ on this is that where we both agree that Cloughy did like him,i now think he's realised he doesn't have what it takes to cut it with us and will get rid when his contract is up and more than likely sign someone else for that position,whereas you still think he does like him and will sign him up for the rest of the season,i'm praying he doesn't.

If i tell you where i got my info from,i'll have to kill you:D

P.s Warnock isn't telling Clough who to pick 'btw',McCarthy got it written in and it was nothing to do with Warnock.Like iv'e said Warnock will not play McCarthy in the Premier as he is pure and simply not good enough.I take my hat of to McCarthy for being involved with a Premiership squad.

As I thought then. No evidence, other than hearsay from a mate and your opinion that he shouldn't be playing.

You started off with a tirade against Warnock. What's he done to upset you if McCarthy is the one who is picking the team?

He also gets a choc n nut cornetto served on a bed of skittles after every game , which is quite an ask as they are are very hard to get hold of in the current climate

I think phippsy is buying aldi gear and just blagging him but he is bound to cotton on eventually and start making even more ludicrous demands
Who knows what effect all this will have on team morale

As I thought then. No evidence, other than hearsay from a mate and your opinion that he shouldn't be playing.

You started off with a tirade against Warnock. What's he done to upset you if McCarthy is the one who is picking the team?
He's not a mate and it's not hearsay,and i don't have to explain myself to you pal.And 'btw' where's your evidence that what i'm saying is bullshit,it works two ways.

And that wasn't a tirade mate.Wtf are you on about with McCarthy picking the team?He gets his self picked because he got it wrote into his contract,he doesn't pick the rest of the side.Grow up and try adding something to the debate instead of berating everything i put and twisting everything into what you want it to sound like.

He's not a mate and it's not hearsay,and i don't have to explain myself to you pal.And 'btw' where's your evidence that what i'm saying is bullshit,it works two ways.

And that wasn't a tirade mate.Wtf are you on about with McCarthy picking the team?He gets his self picked because he got it wrote into his contract,he doesn't pick the rest of the side.Grow up and try adding something to the debate instead of berating everything i put and twisting everything into what you want it to sound like.

We all know who picks the team and the decision who plays and who doesn't , and it is certainly not Mr Warnock or Mr McCarthy.

If Mr Clough thinks that Mr McCarthy is not cutting the mustard , Mr Warnock will be first to know.

UTB

We all know who picks the team and the decision who plays and who doesn't , and it is certainly not Mr Warnock or Mr McCarthy.

If Mr Clough thinks that Mr McCarthy is not cutting the mustard , Mr Warnock will be first to know.

UTB
Yes correct mate,they don't pick the team but unfortunately he picks himself.

I think Warnock will know soon enough,if he doesn't know already that he won't be playing for us for much longer,with a bit of luck i may add.

Could I just point out that I blame Blackwell?

Not for the McCarthy thing, of course, but I'm very conscious that I haven't blamed him for a while and this seemed to be a decent opportunity.

He's a liability and we shouldn't be bowing down to Neil fucking Warnock and playing him every game he's available for.Some of our fans say we're not a youth club for bringing kids through.Well i say we're not a club for pleasing other managers and whoever else wants to jump on our limited resources,which is what we're doing 'atm'.Grow a pair Blades and send him back.

Even if your mystery informant knows all the details of McCarthy's contract and Clough is now being forced to pick him against his will.

How does that fit in with your original post/tirade against "Neil f***ing Warnock"?

And how exactly do United "grow a pair and send him back" if he's got a watertight contract stating he must play every match?

Even if your mystery informant knows all the details of McCarthy's contract and Clough is now being forced to pick him against his will.

How does that fit in with your original post/tirade against "Neil f***ing Warnock"?

And how exactly do United "grow a pair and send him back" if he's got a watertight contract stating he must play every match?
He doesn't know all the details,what he does know is that it's written in that unless fitness is of concern then he plays,that's all.

That wasn't a tirade,i can assure you,i was pointing out that we shouldn't be pleasing other managers by taking players away from them who they have no interest in playing themselves,unless it's to our advantage of course,which on this occasion i don't think it is.If you want to take it that way then that's fine,keep banging on about it.

As for your second question,i'm talking about when his contract ends don't renew it,unless we are allowed to send him back,that i don't know,sorry can't answer that properly.

Don't care who's got him or how much this poll is bollocks it is nice to just enjoy it, thanks Nigel

Sky Sports News Latest Poll

Who will win the Capital One Cup?
  • Chelsea 31%
  • Liverpool 22%
  • Sheffield United 26%
  • Tottenham 21%

Don't care if that poll's bollocks or not either, it still made me wee a little bit. Can't help but smile at the sight of us being fancied more than two of the media darlings from the Cheats League. Fucking brilliant being a Blade, wouldn't swap it for anything.

Don't care if that poll's bollocks or not either, it still made me wee a little bit. Can't help but smile at the sight of us being fancied more than two of the media darlings from the Cheats League. Fucking brilliant being a Blade, wouldn't swap it for anything.

mark hones . yes it is brilliant being a Blades and nights like last Tuesday against Southampton ,numbs the pain and blanks out bad memories of the past . Let the good times roll.

UTB

Very generous of McCarthy to allow Clough's to drop him today despite the clause he's supposedly got in his contract. What does your source think about that?

Last edited:
Wah, wah, wah, what a petty post :oops:

I'm not sure why it's petty to stick to facts rather than fiction.

It always seemed unlikely that Clough's would allow a player to pick himself in the team and today's selection has proved that he doesn't.

Very generous of McCarthy to allow Clough's to drop him today despite the clause he's supposedly got in his contract. What does your source think about that?
Sorry for the late response mate,iv'e had a bit of a hectic weekend.As regards your post read the first 2 lines of post 74 from Friday,hopefully this will help you understand a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom