Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who remembers Weissmuller from the Kop?

An match in the early 90s was not complete without this sound... http://www.orangefreesounds.com/tarzan-call/

As for hat lady, I know her really well and have done for well over 25 years, and she's a reight Blade. The Super Mel Rees jacket girl and her dad were on the steering committee of BIFA with me and a few other posters on here back in the mid 90s.

As for my recollection, when the Kop was standing, I used to go right in the corner opposite the white wall, behind the Junior Blades pen. Every week, a old fella used to come, bringing a little bag with him. In it was some mintoes to which he used to hand out, plus a thermos full of tea, which he'd have a slurp of at half time.

After a while, my sister spotted that the flask he had wasn't one of those great massive ones, but one of the individual small tartan ones, like half sized.

That was it. From that day onwards he was christened Arthur Flaskey.... :-D

I remember Tarzan. Also, above the wall there was a guy that used to bring his dog every week, not a guide dog, just his pet dog; Barker we called him.

We stood near a guy that puffed away on a pipe the whole game, he became known as Ivor (as in the engine). Actually, his name was Dave and he was a tutor at Shirecliffe College.

Cheese breath
The lunchbox
Cock gobbler
That bloke that hangs around the bogs
Chuff nut
And Pete.

I used to see cock gobbler quite a bit in my bedroom and back of my car when i first started seeing my lady. But since i got married i hardly see her now....:( tis a shame i liked to see a lot of cock gobbler

"The Assessor" sits near the middle of The Kop and stands up to loudly berate the officials at least once or twice a game. Usually something along the lines of him being duped by the opposition's time wasting tactics or a perceived failure to keep sufficient control of the game.

I don't think I've ever heard him comment on the manager or the players as he generally seems to be more concerned about the Ref's performance. Hence the nickname.

Sometimes he doesn't go and someone who may be his son sits in his seat and takes over his Referee Assessor duties for that game.

Last edited:
From the kop days there was a bloke who used to sit near gangway F who used to shout "fuckoff 'insert managers name' "
Every time we conceded.

On the South Stand also gangway F not far behind the directors box there was an old guy who during the Southend debacle was offering half the stand a fight and giving a running description of how shit we are.

He's subsequently been subdued this season.

Amazonian princess - sits right in front of me. The best looking girl I've ever seen with my own eyeballs. 6ft tall, tanned, massive bonzoomers and a sweet, sweet ass. She can often be heard to say "I'll shag anyone"

PM me for her seat number and a 5 pounds donation.

When we were kids we occasionally, if the Blades were away, would go to Millmoor and we nicknamed a guy there 'Carthorse' due to the fact that's what he would shout at selected players!

Fart Brigade - Guy with silver hair and glasses who always goes away. Few conversations he has had with his party he seems obsessed with real ale and Wetherspoons. Sat behind him at Blackburn and he was breaking wind constantly and grinning. To the point where everyone around him felt sick. Others seems to be as bad but he was head fart henchman.

Sat next to him a Chesterfield away. He apologised after the first then proceeded to fart for 90 mins without a further word

Five of them? Angry father with a face like a slapped arse, son dressed like the dad, mouse little mum and two daughters who looked like they'd rather be at an arranged marriage with some pensioner they'd met on the Internet?
Sounds like them. Father is small framed, has loads of tats a few gold chains, always wears a home shirt and is given to the occasional apoplectic burst of rage at the ref.

Dog Shit - old guy who sat around the middle of the kop (possibly near/with Hat Lady) who used to smoke the foulest smallest cigars that led to my dad saying me he must be smoking dried dog shit.

Shit Chant Guy - youngish guy who used to sit right next to stairs in the middle of the kop. Always started singing chants that didn't scan, normally with far too many syllables for the tune. Was never sure but I always suspected he used to a member on here, possibly no longer in possession of one cat :rolleyes:

I know the twins. Andy and Chris. Nice guys. The only way I can tell them apart is that Chris is slightly taller than Andy (and Christopher is a longer name than Andrew:)) obviously this only works if they are together!
Next time I see them I'll let them know they're facially challenged :D
I'm sure one of them posts occasionally on here. Superblades?

"Racist Pervert" - Not so much a nickname as a description of his known personality traits.

The first time I noticed him he was launching a volley of racist abuse at one of the opposition's players. Another Blade grabbed him by the lapels and gave him a bollocking and he stormed off up the gangway and away from the ground.

The second time I saw him was when his mugshot appeared in The Star. Apparently he'd been convicted of exposing himself in a public place. Not seen him since.

I know the twins. Andy and Chris. Nice guys. The only way I can tell them apart is that Chris is slightly taller than Andy (and Christopher is a longer name than Andrew:)) obviously this only works if they are together!
Next time I see them I'll let them know they're facially challenged :D
I'm sure one of them posts occasionally on here. Superblades?

Not me, never seen the twins either.

Who remembers Weissmuller from the Kop?

An match in the early 90s was not complete without this sound... http://www.orangefreesounds.com/tarzan-call/

As for hat lady, I know her really well and have done for well over 25 years, and she's a reight Blade. The Super Mel Rees jacket girl and her dad were on the steering committee of BIFA with me and a few other posters on here back in the mid 90s.

As for my recollection, when the Kop was standing, I used to go right in the corner opposite the white wall, behind the Junior Blades pen. Every week, a old fella used to come, bringing a little bag with him. In it was some mintoes to which he used to hand out, plus a thermos full of tea, which he'd have a slurp of at half time.

After a while, my sister spotted that the flask he had wasn't one of those great massive ones, but one of the individual small tartan ones, like half sized.

That was it. From that day onwards he was christened Arthur Flaskey.... :-D

I remember the Tarzan guy! I started going in 1991-1992, and as a 6 year old did wonder what the hell was going on when I first heard that! Also remember the bugle guy who always used to start off a very out of tune greasy chip buttie.

In the early 2000's there was a lad or wanna be hooligan who would go to all the away games and wear a 90's style blades pork pie hat. We used to call him 'pork pie head'. He disappeared around 2003 and we never saw him again! Maybe he just threw the hat out!

Was anybody on here ever a member of the "Fat Branch"? They were seen at many an away game in caps and what have ya emblazoned with the said name on it in the 80's and 90's.

Needless to say,the members of it were fine figures of men...

Before I moved to sit in John Street, there was also "Pieboy" aka "Pugsley" on the Kop - a kid who bore a remarkable resemblance to Pugsley Addams from the Addams Family, who religiously, 5 minutes before the end of the first half, would go and get in the queue for pies for himself and his dad, and Vancouver - not because he was from there, but always wore the same white cap every match.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Whitecaps_FC

Couple of proper 80s throwbacks with impressive mullets (one has a tache and is never seen without a carrier bag) and old school managers coats sit halfway up the kop and regularly travel away. Neither of whom's appearances have changed in at least 20 odd years.

See the twins every lunchtime in town, think they even work at the same place.

Bald bloke round gangway C who falls asleep 35 minutes in, home or away, guaranteed.

Anyone ever seen the woman with the cowboy-type hat covered in hundreds of United badges?

The aforementioned twins I've seen at just about every United related event, major or minor if it's who I'm thinking of. Two tall dark haired skinny fellas mid 30's maybe?

A few of my mates had some encounters years back. Watford springs to mind on a stag do. I don't need this memories!

Mr UK Garage trousers - young (maybe not so young now) black lad who used to go to games on his own wear baggy yellow or green trousers and a home shirt, think he had an ST on JSS.

'Gerrit forward blades'
Sits on the kop.
Gerrit forrerd sits behind me on John St , must be related.
Guy in front of me is called Eppy but our young un couldn't remember his name one time and started calling him Binky ,its stuck for 15 years now.

Saw twins on lower tier at Bradford. See em at YCCC games too.

Nice hat lady ... she was sat near me at Shrewsbury with John Garrett.

Sit down Jowitt ... Sit with him on Kop gangway D.

Just in front off us is "Flashing Blade Matthew" and just in front of him is a guy that for years looks like Colin Morris. Also just in front of Col is a Peter Stringfellow lookalike !!

Mad Bill the accountant is just behind us to the right on Kop.

Anyone know the young lad thigh slap per in Queens club ??

Back
Top Bottom