CONFIRMED Che Adams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Arguably Huddersfield kept their spine and best players. They had a fantastic unbeaten run behind them and kept Jordan Rhodes. The others as has been pointed out built teams that season.

Cristiano Ronaldo. Not sure that was the end of his contract. Some players just want out when a 'bigger' club comes sniffing.
Look at Arsenal - Sagna, Nasri, Adebayor, Clichy (bet they hate Man City). Van Persie, Fabregas.

Wenger didn't want to sell any of them. You can hardly say they're not a big club either Top 4 every season.

Ronaldo was made to stay for another year though after Real Madrid came in. Same as Suarez at Liverpool. They were held for one more season then sold on.

As for Arsenal, if they had sold Henry or Vieira when they were in demand, they would never have hit the heights they did. Wenger has done a great job keeping them up there but they've not won the league for about 13 years now I think.

I love the passion Grizzly and I really fully understand where you're coming from. But you're not living in the real world pal if you think for one moment that it's possible to stop a player moving if he wants to leave. It's illegal for a start! Surely you know that?

illegal?! Which statute does it contravene?

illegal?! Which statute does it contravene?

Read up on Article 17 of FIFA rules - the EU commission's response to those and the Webster test case.

Or to save time, the bottom line is this:

EU commission regulations state that all workers have a right to free movement of trade. If you take a job at Fred Bloggs factory next week on a 12 month contract but don't like it you can quit. Simple as that. Ok, so there's compensation to be paid, but an employer cannot force you to work for them. Read up on William Wilberforce for more on that.

In a footballer's case it's a bit more complex as the money involved is considerably more than usual. But it will depend on whether a protected period is written into the contract. This is usually 3 years for players under 28.

Regardless- if a player wants to move then it is entirely possible. It just comes down to money.

In some cases mentioned here - like Cristiano, he wasn't "made" to stay another year. He was offered a lucrative increase to his existing contract to stay another year.

We could find ourselves in that situation with Adams if a bid comes in. But let's get real: if you were Adams and the likes of Newcastle came in for you - would you think it best for your career that you stay or go?

Money talks - and contracts are negotiable.

Saido Berahino......been trying to leave west brom for ages. Been the subject of ever increasing bids yet still a Baggies player.

So West Brom will be dragged before the big wigs in the European courts? No.....they will retain his registration and let the little twat sulk til he grows up.

There is NO reason why we cannot ignore bids from other clubs until United receive an offer that is simply way too good to miss. Our problem is we sell talent at the wrong times....always before they show what they are really capable of.
This leads to us not making the most from the little bit of talent that does come our way. We should be hanging on to him, and using him to get us up and show his true potential. That way his value goes up....as well as his options. All for another years graft and learning with United.

Saido Berahino......been trying to leave west brom for ages. Been the subject of ever increasing bids yet still a Baggies player.

So West Brom will be dragged before the big wigs in the European courts? No.....they will retain his registration and let the little twat sulk til he grows up.

There is NO reason why we cannot ignore bids from other clubs until United receive an offer that is simply way too good to miss. Our problem is we sell talent at the wrong times....always before they show what they are really capable of.
This leads to us not making the most from the little bit of talent that does come our way. We should be hanging on to him, and using him to get us up and show his true potential. That way his value goes up....as well as his options. All for another years graft and learning with United.

We could do as you suggest but then we'd be paying wages for a player who isn't contributing to the club, but disaffected in the reserves. A bit like the Pierre Van Heudink situation at Forest some years ago.

Do you think we sold Lee Morris, Jordan Slew, nick Blackman too soon? I agree we have done with some, but not all. It's a gamble, a big gamble actually. How many of the young "starlets" at any club go on to make it big? There are far more that fall by the wayside - and Adams, to me, is far from convincing that he's going to make it at a higher level.

I'd snap someone's hand off for £2m - PROVIDiNG we use it to strengthen THIS team THIS season.

Bit worrying. Does it mean that if it doesn't happen none will come in? Or is that 2 extra on top of the other 2?

Pretty sure it'll be an additional two. Maybe only an additional one but with them all being of a higher quality to what we'd otherwise get.

Pretty sure it'll be an additional two. Maybe only an additional one but with them all being of a higher quality to what we'd otherwise get.

I would guess the decimal point moves to the left on the £3 million figure then!

I assume they'll want him to go to the Championship.

perhaps not robbie?

CoID9qZWgAQSP-q.jpg:large

don't kbow who wrote that and probably bollox.

Armstrong's not what we need but could we really turn down the chance to sign him? It would be hard to. Could he play from the left?

What I would say is that if we had Morsy and Fleck in midfield we could afford to play with four attacking players in front of them - Duffy Sharp Clarke Armstrong possibly.

Wilder might need to have a good think about this. Potentially a nice problem to have.

I assume they'll want him to go to the Championship.

Suppose it depend how much Benitez wants Che . Bloke knows his stuff . Be good for us if the Armstrong lad comes on a season loan as a sweetener . That would be top notch business by the blades and for once a win win situation.

For once we are acting from the school of Daniel Levy

Suppose it depend how much Benitez wants Che . Bloke knows his stuff . Be good for us if the Armstrong lad comes on a season loan as a sweetener . That would be top notch business by the blades and for once a win win situation.

Nothing's been done yet...

More from Nixon...

He says Newcastle are 'into Adams in a big way' and when asked about the fee said "Don't know numbers. But becoming too good to knock back."

Looks like we could get a great deal for him.

More from Nixon...

He says Newcastle are 'into Adams in a big way' and when asked about the fee said "Don't know numbers. But becoming too good to knock back."

Looks like we could get a great deal for him.

£10million please Rafa, ta.

Still a fairly good chance we could be shafted as usual since no deal has been done yet.

Getting Armstrong in a swap deal would be proper business rather than just on loan. That would be more a Daniel Levy sort of deal.

that would be a shockingly good deal.could allow us to finish off the squad. Thinking more long term if we were to go up we would probably have first dibs on armstrong.

With the money we could sign a few quality players and still pocket a nice profit for mccabe

The rumours around at the moment are just too good, they can't all happen, it ain't the Blades way. If they were to I'd imagine we'd go 4-2-3-1 with Morsy & Fleck as the two, Armstrong and Duffy either side of Sharp and Clarke up front. Only worry is whether that would work for Sharp but so long as he's still getting in the box at every opportunity it could. Also the same formation Wilder used at Northampton I believe.

Anyway, all that sounds too good to be true.

The rumours around at the moment are just too good, they can't all happen, it ain't the Blades way. If they were to I'd imagine we'd go 4-2-3-1 with Morsy & Fleck as the two, Armstrong and Duffy either side of Sharp and Clarke up front. Only worry is whether that would work for Sharp but so long as he's still getting in the box at every opportunity it could. Also the same formation Wilder used at Northampton I believe.

Anyway, all that sounds too good to be true.
Correctimondo TTT, just ain't the Blades way

Back
Top Bottom