Start planning for next season now.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Leonardo Green

Reaction score
Forget this season, it's gone.

Come the end of the season we need to -

Let all current loanees except for Marc McNulty stay wherever they have gone, if the other club will take them.

Let all current loanees here return to their parent club.

Don't renew expiring contracts of:

Mark Howard
Neil Collins
Bob Harris
Jose Baxter
Jamal Campbell-Ryce
Florent Cuvelier
Ryan Flynn
Callum McFadzean

Send out for the season on loan:

George Willis
Louis Reed
Diego DeGirolamo

Sell/pay up the following players:

Harrison McGahey
Stefan Scougall
James Wallace (how the hell did this guy get a 3 year deal?)

That will leave us with:

George Long
John Brayford
Jay McEveley
Chris Basham
Che Adams
Domonic Calvert-Lewin
Paul Coutts
Keiron Wallace
Martyn Woolford
Matt Done
Billy Sharp
Marc McNulty

We should be taking note of who the best players in this division are right now, come the end of the season we should be buying them up straight away.

Don't bring in any more championship reserves, it has been proven that it doesn't work.

Use the remaining games this season to test some of the youngsters, not all at once, bring a couple in for a few games, and then have a look at another couple for the next few games and so on.

Macnulty won't be coming back and you can add Woolford and Maceverly to the sell / pay up list.

Once that's done we should be left with a team capable to put up a good show in a relegation battle next season.

Forget about identifying and bringing in the best players in this division there is no way they will sanction that sort of outlay in transfer funds.

Macnulty won't be coming back and you can add Woolford and Maceverly to the sell / pay up list.

Once that's done we should be left with a team capable to put up a good show in a relegation battle next season.

Forget about identifying and bringing in the best players in this division there is no way they will sanction that sort of outlay in transfer funds.
Spot on. Except for putting up a good show - this is feeling like death throes.

What is peoples obsession with McNulty?

The fact he's banging in goals at that level probably means he's found his level! He has had plenty of opportunities here and never really grasped them. Sharp is by far a better player, granted he'll be on the wrong side of 30 next season, but he's streets ahead of McNulty in terms of his overall game.

And give Jay Mac his due. He has been one of our better performers over recent games, far better than the man at right full back, which appears from the games I've seen, where a lot of the goals have been coming from.

I agree, the whole transfer policy needs looking at, we do need to sign up and coming youngsters/hungry players instead of prem/championship cast offs who are looking for one last payday.

You look at most other clubs in this league, they all have a core of young players from the academies of the London clubs either on loan, or who they've made permanent. Why can't we do that with Manure, City, and Liverpool's young lads we're only a short drive over the pennines! Yeah, while we do have our own academy who's it brought through recently?... Long - not good enough for any higher than league 1, pretty much most keepers who come to the lane are better than him, same with Reed, who appears to have gone backwards recently and unless he suddenly develops into an English Xavi i can't see him ever playing any higher than this level. Can't comment on any of the other young lads as I haven't seen them play.

Let all current loanees except for Marc McNulty stay wherever they have gone, if the other club will take them.

Mark Howard
Neil Collins
Bob Harris
Jose Baxter
Jamal Campbell-Ryce
Florent Cuvelier
Ryan Flynn
Callum McFadzean

George Willis
Louis Reed
Diego DeGirolamo

Harrison McGahey
Stefan Scougall

That will leave us with:

George Long
John Brayford
Jay McEveley
Chris Basham
Che Adams
Domonic Calvert-Lewin
Paul Coutts
Keiron Wallace
Martyn Woolford
Matt Done
Billy Sharp
Marc McNulty

We should be taking note of who the best players in this division are right now, come the end of the season we should be buying them up straight away.

Don't bring in any more championship reserves, it has been proven that it doesn't work.

Use the remaining games this season to test some of the youngsters, not all at once, bring a couple in for a few games, and then have a look at another couple for the next few games and so on.

But the selling club would expect money in return and not derisory offers :rolleyes:

Start planning for next season when we will have Dean Hammond on a permanent, multiple year contract. Can't wait.

Mark Howard
Neil Collins
Bob Harris
Jose Baxter
Jamal Campbell-Ryce
Florent Cuvelier
Ryan Flynn
Callum McFadzean

George Willis
Louis Reed
Diego DeGirolamo

Harrison McGahey
Stefan Scougall

That will leave us with:

George Long
John Brayford
Jay McEveley
Chris Basham
Che Adams
Domonic Calvert-Lewin
Paul Coutts
Keiron Wallace
Martyn Woolford
Matt Done
Billy Sharp
Marc McNulty

Omg your retention list is frightening.

George Long: Ave league 1 keeper
John Brayford: Definate one to keep
Jay McEveley: Below ave league 1
Chris Bash: Just above ave league 1
Che Adams: Unreliable
Domonic Calvert-Lewin: No where near ready
Paul Coutts: Could make a contribution if fit
Keiron Wallace: Ave league 1 at best
Martyn Woolford: Ave league 2 at best
Matt Done: Ave league 1
Billy Sharp: Could be good enough
Marc McNulty: Unreliable

So with that retention list we have absolutely no chance.

Mark Howard
Neil Collins
Bob Harris
Jose Baxter
Jamal Campbell-Ryce
Florent Cuvelier
Ryan Flynn
Callum McFadzean

George Willis
Louis Reed
Diego DeGirolamo

Harrison McGahey
Stefan Scougall

That will leave us with:

George Long
John Brayford
Jay McEveley
Chris Basham
Che Adams
Domonic Calvert-Lewin
Paul Coutts
Keiron Wallace
Martyn Woolford
Matt Done
Billy Sharp
Marc McNulty

While the thought process is good, Jim's interviews recently have proven that we will not be eyeing or buying up the best talent in this division.

Unless we sell someone. Then we might get a small percentage of the fee to spend.

While the thought process is good, Jim's interviews recently have proven that we will not be eyeing or buying up the best talent in this division.

Unless we sell someone. Then we might get a small percentage of the fee to spend.
Perhaps someone should ask Jim what it was he meant by the "three transfer windows" comment.

If it was how it came across i.e next season as yet another transitional period, at least the supporters'll know not to bother.

Not the best of PR moves by the man.

Perhaps someone should ask Jim what it was he meant by the "three transfer windows" comment.

If it was how it came across i.e next season as yet another transitional period, at least the supporters'll know not to bother.

I thought it was an incredible statement to make.

Basically telling the fans they've given up on this season and pretty much next season too.

As you say, an unbelievable PR own goal.

I think it was a rare moment of honesty from Jim which slipped out in error, we certainly seem to have written of this season and the next for any serious ambition of going for automatic promotion and probably the play offs as well.

I suspect when the board heard those comments from him a few will have spluttered out their gin and tonics.

I would guess it won't be long before Jim moves on to other pastures before too long.

Basically telling the fans they've given up on this season and pretty much next season too.

Nearly as bad as him openly stating that the out of contract players will be released. You know, including the ones who have been part of our first team all season.

Omg your retention list is frightening.

George Long: Ave league 1 keeper
John Brayford: Definate one to keep
Jay McEveley: Below ave league 1
Chris Bash: Just above ave league 1
Che Adams: Unreliable
Domonic Calvert-Lewin: No where near ready
Paul Coutts: Could make a contribution if fit
Keiron Wallace: Ave league 1 at best
Martyn Woolford: Ave league 2 at best
Matt Done: Ave league 1
Billy Sharp: Could be good enough
Marc McNulty: Unreliable

So with that retention list we have absolutely no chance.

You can't get rid of everyone, and we need squad players as well.

I would hope the planning for next year has already began, targets identified and more importantly decisions already made on the players we are not renewing contracts and those we are willing to transfer out.

By the way Barnsley are winning 3-0 so we have dropped another place, deep joy.

It's hard to argue with any of that but you make no mention of the manager who should be the first out of the door as he has failed us in every single department.
I ship him out tomorrow, no today

I wondered if he was smacked off his tits on Vicodin or something (given that he has been unwell)? If not it was an insane comment to make.

Why can't people let McNulty go? He's in league two for 2 reasons. 1 being that he's shit, and the second that he likes his booze, like most of the rest of them we're trying to get out

I would hope the planning for next year has already began, targets identified and more importantly decisions already made on the players we are not renewing contracts and those we are willing to transfer out.

By the way Barnsley are winning 3-0 so we have dropped another place, deep joy.

Good result for Barnsley even after the manager goes.

On the Blades , do we really think planning for next year has already began , targets identified , decisions made on players , transfers .

The board is in a situation were the blind are leading the blind , certain board members prefer not to be here , Adkins will be thinking do I go or do I stay , as my kudos is becoming shot .

We will hit the summer and still no leadership or decision making . Next season could be well worst than this .

We are more Orient , Portsmouth , Tranmere with on goings at the club.

Gates next season will be 15,000 with the rally cry from the club , of we need 19,000 to 20,000 to purchase the right kind of players .

Doom and Gloom - you bet and we just better get used to it . I don't think we've seen nothing yet.

Wilder , Page , Beattie , Deane , Booker , Pemberton all waiting in the wings

What have we done , what the fuck have we done.

UTB

Good result for Barnsley even after the manager goes.

On the Blades , do we really think planning for next year has already began , targets identified , decisions made on players , transfers .

The board is in a situation were the blind are leading the blind , certain board members prefer not to be here , Adkins will be thinking do I go or do I stay , as my kudos is becoming shot .

We will hit the summer and still no leadership or decision making . Next season could be well worst than this .

We are more Orient , Portsmouth , Tranmere with on goings at the club.

Gates next season will be 15,000 with the rally cry from the club , of we need 19,000 to 20,000 to purchase the right kind of players .

Doom and Gloom - you bet and we just better get used to it . I don't think we've seen nothing yet.

Wilder , Page , Beattie , Deane , Booker , Pemberton all waiting in the wings

What have we done , what the fuck have we done.

UTB

I did say HOPE, any business whether it's football or not should have a plan, I agree they probably haven't which on any level is incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom