The budget

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I wonder if in this case i.e. Bournemouth,s rise up the leagues can be called " game changing investment" ? :rolleyes:

It could be just that. Mind you, they were bobbar when we beat them 1-0 at Broadsands on their way up.

pommpey

I don't think so. It would be interesting to see, were the whole division to collapse and we coasted through on the swift winds of fortune (like that happens) what the reaction to our arrival in the Championship would be. From back to front, I envisage a new team (including Sharp, who I feel would be Ched Evans in the next division - i.e. suddenly way above his comfort zone) and for that matter, no investment and instant relegation. If you feel any of the current squad would be able to cope with the bigger demands of the Championship then I'd like to see your working out. Even galacticos like Brayford would be over-run down the flanks.

pommpey

The majority of our squad are out of contract or loan deals finish at the end of the season, so building a new squad will be done anyway. Many teams have been poor for big parts of a season but picked up in the last third to win promotion. Rotherham were hardly world beaters were they? Seem to remember our reserves turning them over?

You obviously dont know what youre talking about coco our wage bill has to meet fpp which is 60 percent of income

Try again smartarse

And, given we have been in the semis of two cups recently, I'd be astounded if wages exceeded income.

Unless the trainees are on £60k a week plus £5k goals bonus.

pommpey

And, given we have been in the semis of two cups recently, I'd be astounded if wages exceeded income.

Unless the trainees are on £60k a week plus £5k goals bonus.

pommpey
Its this 5m pound cheque for a clarence beeks
I cant find any record of an employee by that name

You obviously dont know what youre talking about coco our wage bill has to meet fpp which is 60 percent of income

Try again smartarse

Weir was on a 3 year deal but we sacked him after 3 months. We either settled up with a large lump sum or are still paying him.
Wilson similar.
Clough ditto (although this year's accounts aren't out yet).

These payments to ex-employees are still classed as 'wages' 'smart arse', but don't go in the FPP. We could well still be paying for four managers.

Ditto cancelled contracts to their assitants and other players sacked off. We also still have an administrative structure of a Championship club and you might be surprised to learn that these people get 'wages' too.

If you are implying that our £5m loss is some kind of super fraud then when don't you get digging, Inspector Clouseau.

ISC

Wouldn't the £5 million loss be more likely down to the cost of running the Academy than paying off Nigel Clough?

What about game Policing costs? I thought South Yorkshires finest were one of the more expensive forces for matchday prices.

Weir was on a 3 year deal but we sacked him after 3 months. We either settled up with a large lump sum or are still paying him.
Wilson similar.

These payments to ex-employees are still classed as 'wages' 'smart arse', but don't go in the FPP. We could well still be paying for four managers.

Ditto cancelled contracts to their assitants and other players sacked off. We also still have an administrative structure of a Championship club and you might be surprised to learn that these people get 'wages' too.

If you are implying that our £5m loss is some kind of super fraud then when don't you get digging, Inspector Clouseau.

ISC

Ooooh. Hang on. Didn't HRH pay off Weir and the disaster zone which he created?

Or do you want to make more stuff up to justify the plane crash we have witnessed over the past eight years?

People on here still believe that as supporters of this club, we have no right to ask, 'why' and 'how'.

pommpey

That I don't know is the answer! If we are adhering to FFP then we should, in theory, be not losing £5m a year. I don't think we are debt free though. Hasn't McCabe said in the past that he has plugged the gap for years and therefore United owe McCabe millions etc.
We don't owe Mccabe anything he and the prince own the club so they shoulder the debts they also call the tune as to how much they are willing to lose every season and as it stands at presents £5 million is the going cost which I have said before is unsustainable in this division
something has to give.

Or do you want to make more stuff up to justify the plane crash we have witnessed over the past eight years?

People on here still believe that as supporters of this club, we have no right to ask, 'why' and 'how'.

pommpey

HRH paid Weir off? Personally?

And you're accusing someone else of making things up.

And no one believes no one has a right to ask but when you get the answers you ignore the ones that don't suit you.

McCabe has transferred his debt owed to him by the FC into shares. The last accounts show all loans were cleared.

The simple answer is we are spending more than we get in. It doesn't. " go" anywhere. Adhering to FFP rules doesn't guarantee we don't lose money. Being within FFP limits doesn't mean we are getting value either, we clearly aren't.

And no McCabe is no longer being paid 10% interest by the football club.

But he is being paid several hundred grand per annum for the rent of the stadium I believe

It seems the man giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other

Keep seeing how clough apparently blew the generous budget provided by the prince

As far as i can see the only monies spent in the transfer market have been earned from player sales and cup runs with the prince seemingly filling a 5m pound a year shortfall in the clubs finances

So when mccabe wiped out the clubs debts who did we end up owing 5m a year to ?

Is it because a club with gates of over 20k is spending 5m a year too much on wages ?
Surely fppp rules dont allow this

So in short
What the fuck is going on ?
The budget? Well at the end if the season when we've sold our better players sharpy,adams,brayford,done we'll have a few quid to pay mcabe back some more of the debt that we owe him and thats where the budgets going...to line their pockets

HRH paid Weir off? Personally?

Well, any we we deign to criticise the embodiment of HRH into the ranks with the much vaunted 'Game Changing Investment' statement and the tactics involved therein (like we didn't suspect it was anything else but empty promises) we are met with a phalanx from the likes of you crowing about HRH paying Weir off. Now you can't have it both ways. What exactly did McCabe bring HRH in for, if not to spread the burgeoning liability of the club in the face of some ridiculous signings and sackings?

Or are we not to ask.

pommpey

Well, any we we deign to criticise the embodiment of HRH into the ranks with the much vaunted 'Game Changing Investment' statement and the tactics involved therein (like we didn't suspect it was anything else but empty promises) we are met with a phalanx from the likes of you crowing about HRH paying Weir off. Now you can't have it both ways. What exactly did McCabe bring HRH in for, if not to spread the burgeoning liability of the club in the face of some ridiculous signings and sackings?

Or are we not to ask.

pommpey

I'm sure you believe you know what you mean by the above but I don't have a clue.

Just to remind you though it was you who said HRH had paid Weir off, not me and I've never crowed about it, whatever that means. And it wasn't that long ago you said it either.

Of course you can ask, generally people ask questions to increase their knowledge about the topic under debate rather than use it as an invitation to post the same fucking thing day in day out without regard to any facts that have been laid in front of you in the simplest terms.

But he is being paid several hundred grand per annum for the rent of the stadium I believe

It seems the man giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other

£310k per annum as per the 2015 accounts

pommpey

I think the issue is people ask 'who' and 'why', then answer their own question with conjecture and nonsense.

I'm sure you believe you know what you mean by the above but I don't have a clue.

Just to remind you though it was you who said HRH had paid Weir off, not me and I've never crowed about it, whatever that means. And it wasn't that long ago you said it either.

No. Pay attention. When people of the more cynical bent started questioning the appearance of HRH and speculating the GCI might mean player purchases and a stronger team (as was implied by McCabe) and a return to the top flight at the earliest opportunity (as was implied by McCabe as some sort of mission statement) we were all shouted down by clappers insisting HRH was instrumental in paying Weir off, like we should be grateful for his magnanimous nature for shedding Sheffield United of a wholesomely costly mistake by one Kevin McCabe. So we should henceforth forget about player input and rejoice ... yes rejoice ... that his highness had stuffed tenners into the top pocket of David Weir after he'd put us in the relegation zone. Apparently one of the reasons Clough (finally) came to BDTBL was the presence of HRH and his promised land vision. Look how that turned out, eh?

Of course you can ask, generally people ask questions to increase their knowledge about the topic under debate rather than use it as an invitation to post the same fucking thing day in day out without regard to any facts that have been laid in front of you in the simplest terms.

Okay.

Hear the Word of the Lord, people.

pommpey

Ha. C'mon Judge. Don't be coy.

We have had a number of Game Changing Appointments and Acquisitions. The overseas sponsorship gadgie for example. And the fucking Desso pitch, which has just revolutionised our home form.

This reminds me of an occurrence around 1990 at Chesterfield when my team turned up to play a league game in the early evening of a late March fixture in Chesterfield at some absolutely pristine perfect gorgeous looking pitch. Fullback "Mac" surveys pitch and nods sagely and says, "if we can't play on this lads we can't play on owt. Perfect for our style". Losing 5 -1 later that evening he was reminded of this quote. Seems our team have the same problem. Pity every other team appreciates the pitch. Do you think it might just be because it is flat, true, slick and playable and thus plays into the hands of players who have some pace and may wish to waltz through our pedestrian midfield? Fuck me! How did that happen? I despair.

pommpey

No. Pay attention. When people of the more cynical bent started questioning the appearance of HRH and speculating the GCI might mean player purchases and a stronger team (as was implied by McCabe) and a return to the top flight at the earliest opportunity (as was implied by McCabe as some sort of mission statement) we were all shouted down by clappers insisting HRH was instrumental in paying Weir off, like we should be grateful for his magnanimous nature for shedding Sheffield United of a wholesomely costly mistake by one Kevin McCabe. So we should henceforth forget about player input and rejoice ... yes rejoice ... that his highness had stuffed tenners into the top pocket of David Weir after he'd put us in the relegation zone. Apparently one of the reasons Clough (finally) came to BDTBL was the presence of HRH and his promised land vision. Look how that turned out, eh?

Okay.

Hear the Word of the Lord, people.

pommpey

I hope you aren't driving for the next few hours.

There's only one person in the pulpit.

Keep seeing how clough apparently blew the generous budget provided by the prince

was never a fan of Clough junior as a manager but it annoys me to read the board criticising him for his excessive spending as a) they were in charge of the club at the time and b) his cup runs brought in quite a bit of revenue

was never a fan of Clough junior as a manager but it annoys me to read the board criticising him for his excessive spending as a) they were in charge of the club at the time and b) his cup runs brought in quite a bit of revenue

Agree entirely with this. The current board have to take ownership of past mistakes, including bag managerial appointments and sanctioning bad transfers. They then need to show fans a coherent, comprehensive plan moving forward. Just one example of this disconnect : does anyone know what United's current transfer policy is and how it differs from that under Clough? I know more about Peterborough's strategy than ours and I'd class myself as an obsessive blade.

Wilson similar.

ISC
Im just asking a question
Nobody seems to be able to answer it

The majority of our squad are out of contract or loan deals finish at the end of the season, so building a new squad will be done anyway. Many teams have been poor for big parts of a season but picked up in the last third to win promotion. Rotherham were hardly world beaters were they? Seem to remember our reserves turning them over?

They'll not be out of contract if we do go up and they take the option to extend for a year and there is nothing we can do to stop it.
Certain relegation will be even more obvious than the c/H's were this season.

McCabe has transferred his debt owed to him by the FC into shares

How is this possible? If he owned all of the shares, and then created more shares to pay himself, he would just dilute his own shareholding (it is like cutting a 4 piece pie into 8 pieces and claiming you have more pie. No?).

How is this possible? If he owned all of the shares, and then created more shares to pay himself, he would just dilute his own shareholding (it is like cutting a 4 piece pie into 8 pieces and claiming you have more pie. No?).

No. There were two shares originally. Then more were allotted. The Prince paid ten million quid for his, McCabe was owed thirty seven million pounds, transferred ten million into shares to match the Princes shareholding and the balance went to a share premium account.

Back
Top Bottom