The budget

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think every supporter would be ecstatic if we achieved promotion that's a given, to have a change of scenery from this division no matter how short that period might be, would be a godsend

It's up to the individual whether they buy a season ticket or not, I don't think they will be swayed by other posters on a forum. Those who renew and those that don't have my respect.

I want us to up big style, but I'd like to do it with a team that we can be confident will to well in the Championship as opposed to needing major surgery which we know it will require this summer. It needs major surgery even if we sta down, let alone go up. Look at Bristol City; they ran away with it last season and most thought that they would d well this season, when in fact, they've struggled despite keeping the backbone of the successful team that got promoted. MK have also struggled, and PNE aren't far ahead. All of those three were miles better than us this and last season, so although I want us to get promoted, I'd dread the season back up too, unless the "game changing" investment arrives!

A Business Plan was put in place at the beginning of the David Weir era,

a sound plan that made proper realistic financial sense for a League 1 side, ........on both the size of the squad and the budget.

the 'game changing investment' in the corridors of power appeared to render that plan obsolete.

we get a reasonable budget

dont see how we are complete failures as some make out
like 23 other clubs our aim is to be one of 3 that gets out the top end
cant say we dont compete 3rd 5th 7th 5th near the play offs again

yes Id love us to be top 15 points clear, but we arent, look where last seasons other 2 play off challengers are
swindon and chesterfield are still looking behind them
our board has kept us nearer going out the right end

not been blood stirring stuff so far , but we are in with a chance
lets go for it rather than abusing each other

yes Id love us to be top 15 points clear, but we arent, look where last seasons other 2 play off challengers are

In the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king

Some good points mate and I particularly like the last line. That said we are underachieving, given the talent at the managers disposal, but I truly believe Adkins will do it for us, as he has before at other clubs.

if we cannot survive on average gates of 20k then how come other teams can do it with less and prosper at the same time?? mismanagement?
it would appear that some are saying because we get more fans our costs would appear to be exponential. perhaps it is better if some of us don't go .. then we won't be costing the club money??
i wish that Mr McCabe had pointed this out earlier. i apologise sincerely for causing the club so much of an inconvenience

if we cannot survive on average gates of 20k then how come other teams can do it with less and prosper at the same time?? mismanagement?
it would appear that some are saying because we get more fans our costs would appear to be exponential. perhaps it is better if some of us don't go .. then we won't be costing the club money??
i wish that Mr McCabe had pointed this out earlier. i apologise sincerely for causing the club so much of an inconvenience

No one is saying that, because it would be a nonsense. What's been said is that because of the size of the club running costs will be significantly bigger than a club of smaller size. Nothing to do with how many supporters we have but I suspect you know that and just want a different tack to stir things up.

No one is saying that, because it would be a nonsense. What's been said is that because of the size of the club running costs will be significantly bigger than a club of smaller size. Nothing to do with how many supporters we have but I suspect you know that and just want a different tack to stir things up.
i'm not stirring anything up. i'm genuinely interested so please bear with me
i thought that this metric of 'size of the club' would be directly related to the number of fans so made a relation that you would seem to say is irrelevant. so what metric should i be using instead.. like i say. i'm geniunely interested.
apparently we are a 'larger club' so it costs more money.. perhaps we need to be a smaller club?

i'm not stirring anything up. i'm genuinely interested so please bear with me
i thought that this metric of 'size of the club' would be directly related to the number of fans so made a relation that you would seem to say is irrelevant. so what metric should i be using instead.. like i say. i'm geniunely interested.
apparently we are a 'larger club' so it costs more money.. perhaps we need to be a smaller club?

Mmmm. I'm not convinced but here goes, have you been to Fleetwoods ground? It's smaller than ours and therefore will cost less to maintain. The rates will be less, as will policing costs, insurance and the number of non football staff will be less as well.
Their fixed costs, rates for example won't go up if their gates double - neither would ours - but their income would increase. Things like policing and stewarding costs would increase but it's highly unlikely they would outweigh the extra gate money. So more fans through the turnstiles equates to additional income. The same applies to us. Less fans means less income and bigger losses because other than stewarding and such our fixed costs stay the same whether we get more or less fans.
Our set up is considerably larger than Fleetwoods, our club is a shambles and so we make losses . (Not helped of course by the wages for the bags of shite who currently wear the shirt)

So maybe your sarcastic last paragraph about McCambe not explaining things wasn't entirely based on actually understanding how it works.

Mmmm. I'm not convinced but here goes, have you been to Fleetwoods ground? It's smaller than ours and therefore will cost less to maintain. The rates will be less, as will policing costs, insurance and the number of non football staff will be less as well.
Their fixed costs, rates for example won't go up if their gates double - neither would ours - but their income would increase. Things like policing and stewarding costs would increase but it's highly unlikely they would outweigh the extra gate money. So more fans through the turnstiles equates to additional income. The same applies to us. Less fans means less income and bigger losses because other than stewarding and such our fixed costs stay the same whether we get more or less fans.
Our set up is considerably larger than Fleetwoods, our club is a shambles and so we make losses . (Not helped of course by the wages for the bags of shite who currently wear the shirt)

So maybe your sarcastic last paragraph about McCambe not explaining things wasn't entirely based on actually understanding how it works.
'our club is a shambles'.. that's all i need to know.. thank you.. apologies for the sarcasm, i have a very dark sense of humour.. you need one around here

'our club is a shambles'.. that's all i need to know.. thank you.. apologies for the sarcasm, i have a very dark sense of humour.. you need one around here

Apart from a couple of posters on here no one can seriously deny that. We know where the rot set in - with the appointment and funding of Robson - the mystery is why we've lurched from bad to worse and why no one has been able to stop it.

No need for apologies, we're all grown ups. Most of the time :)

Still 18 games left.

After reading a number of posts today, I think a significant amount of the fans would resent getting promoted, it's embarrassing.

I don't think so. It would be interesting to see, were the whole division to collapse and we coasted through on the swift winds of fortune (like that happens) what the reaction to our arrival in the Championship would be. From back to front, I envisage a new team (including Sharp, who I feel would be Ched Evans in the next division - i.e. suddenly way above his comfort zone) and for that matter, no investment and instant relegation. If you feel any of the current squad would be able to cope with the bigger demands of the Championship then I'd like to see your working out. Even galacticos like Brayford would be over-run down the flanks.

pommpey

I would still like to know how we have a 5 m.shortfall every year
No one seems to have an answer for that

Ha. C'mon Judge. Don't be coy.

We have had a number of Game Changing Appointments and Acquisitions. The overseas sponsorship gadgie for example. And the fucking Desso pitch, which has just revolutionised our home form.

pommpey

I would still like to know how we have a 5 m.shortfall every year
No one seems to have an answer for that

We have to pay interest on our 'loans' you know and rent on 'our' ground...

We have to pay interest on our 'loans' you know and rent on 'our' ground...

So, five million of our losses are interest on loans to the club by ... McCabe ... and the rent on the ground we play at, the landlord of whom is ... McCabe .... ?

Yeah. I see that.

pommpey

AFC Bournemouth seem to be doing OK at the moment,on average home gates of approx 11500 in the premier league

AFC Bournemouth seem to be doing OK at the moment,on average home gates of approx 11500 in the premier league

Realistic investor and a decent transfer policy. Good talent spotting (including Gosport's very own Matt Richie) and our old soldier Simon Francis, booted out of our ranks to Southend but now ploughing a furrow in the top flight and looking nowt like the pissed off teenager I met at the Weymouth game some years ago.

pommpey

Realistic investor and a decent transfer policy. Good talent spotting (including Gosport's very own Matt Richie) and our old soldier Simon Francis, booted out of our ranks to Southend but now ploughing a furrow in the top flight and looking nowt like the pissed off teenager I met at the Weymouth game some years ago.

pommpey

I wonder if in this case i.e. Bournemouth,s rise up the leagues can be called " game changing investment" ? :rolleyes:

So, five million of our losses are interest on loans to the club by ... McCabe ... and the rent on the ground we play at, the landlord of whom is ... McCabe .... ?

Yeah. I see that.

pommpey

You clearly can't see anything.

Back
Top Bottom