Done injury

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Blessing in disguise?

Surely no ones going to bid for an injured player. Was worried about him going if I'm honest...

We're going to miss him for the best part of 2 months but I totally believe Adams can step up to the plate, he's done so all pre season.

Gutted for the lad fingers crossed Adams will fill his boots but i think its clear SaS will be starting

Losing one of your best players is never a blessing, we need more creativity as it is without losing a complete wasp of a menace creater and goalscorer like Done is, very gutted indeed but these things happen and it's how we deal with it that counts the most.

Done is class and never stops running at defences, not too mention flinging himself at every crossed ball.

Thankfully however we now have plenty of options up front even with Done out. Personally I feared for Mcnulty up until now and suspected he may be off, even if on loan. I now imagine he will be in and around the match day squad until Done returns, albeit a very different player.

So looking forward to see how NA experiments with his attacking line. Will it be Sharp and Sammon/Higdon up top or 1 up top with Murphy and Woolly on the wings ? How about 4 2 3 1 or 4 1 3 2?
Where will Adams fit in?

We are definitely going to get goals this season

Have we had confirmation of the 2 month absense because it could be much less serious than we think.

Nevertheless, losing Done for any period of time is a massive knock back. I suspect the ALF rumours are going to go up a notch as a result of any serious injury though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have we had confirmation of the 2 month absense because it could be much less serious than we think.

Nevertheless, losing Done for any period of time is a massive knock back. I suspect the ALF rumours are going to go up a notch as a result of any serious injury as well.
Cyclists come back pretty qickly after getting broken collarbones (a mere occupational hazard for them), but maybe the dislocation makes it more complicated? Even so, wouldn't have thought he'd be out more than a month meself.

Rank bad luck though.

Cyclists come back pretty qickly after getting broken collarbones (a mere occupational hazard for them), but maybe the dislocation makes it more complicated? Even so, wouldn't have thought he'd be out more than a month meself.

Rank bad luck though.
Iv had a text message from a good mate of mine saying he has broken his collar bone and is out all season !!!!!! But I don't know how he knows this iv scanned twitter and nothing from the club or any other usual reliable sources confirming this

Iv had a text message from a good mate of mine saying he has broken his collar bone and is out all season !!!!!! But I don't know how he knows this iv scanned twitter and nothing from the club or any other usual reliable sources confirming this
Tony Martin recently broke his collarbone afetr a very heavy fall in a stage of the Tour de France. Ten days later he was back training on his bike! (Tony Martin's probably a bad example mind - he is pretty superhuman). Honestly reckon Matty will only be out for 3 or 4 weeks though.

If he's out all season with a broken collar bone he wants putting in a straight jacket and putting in a padded cell

Tony Martin recently broke his collarbone afetr a very heavy fall in a stage of the Tour de France. Ten days later he was back training on his bike! (Tony Martin's probably a bad example mind - he is pretty superhuman). Honestly reckon Matty will only be out for 3 or 4 weeks though.
Where has it said what the injury actually is because I can't find any information at all anywhere ?

Where has it said what the injury actually is because I can't find any information at all anywhere ?
It's all rumours at the minute, but isn't he meant to have dislocated his shoulder & broken his collarbone?

Adkins just confirmed he's broken his collar bone and will miss the start of the season. VIA His twitter

all season?? Keith Eddy broke his collarbone against Norwich in Sept 1973 but was back in action in December

At least its not a recurrence of his previous injury.

Done's been a bit injury-prone since signing for us.

I get texts and emails from a bird called Anusccia in Russia saying there are women over there wanting to shag me rigid. Don't know how she knows either!

Obviously I don't mean it's a blessing as in a good thing, however no matter how much the club, the managers, even the players themselves tell me this club has changed - I still panic every window that we'll sell one of our best players. If he's injured at least we can't sell him.

And when I broke my collar bone it took 6 weeks in a sling, 2 weeks later I was back playing football. Would be shocked if Done wasn't on the bench by the end of September.

It's better news that it's a broken collar bone rather than a dislocated shoulder. If it's a straight forward break then probably 4 weeks to heal and a few weeks for the strength to come back.

Two months is fairly conservative but the difference between footballers and cyclists is that footballers are far more likely to fall with a tackle and put their arms out to support themselves. So it's higher risk.

He'll probably be back running within a month and cycling etc within the next week or so.

Puts him back to square one in terms of preseason though

It's better news that it's a broken collar bone rather than a dislocated shoulder. If it's a straight forward break then probably 4 weeks to heal and a few weeks for the strength to come back.

Two months is fairly conservative but the difference between footballers and cyclists is that footballers are far more likely to fall with a tackle and put their arms out to support themselves. So it's higher risk.

He'll probably be back running within a month and cycling etc within the next week or so.

Puts him back to square one in terms of preseason though

If theres one person I'd trust to come through an injury and still come back with an amazing level of fitness it's Done.
He was born in a duracell factory.

If it was Baxter, we might as well rule him out while christmas.

If theres one person I'd trust to come through an injury and still come back with an amazing level of fitness it's Done.
He was born in a duracell factory.

If it was Baxter, we might as well rule him out while christmas.
Agreed, but also it helps that it's shoulder rather than leg related.

It's very much isolated and if it was a knee injury it could aggravate other areas like hamstrings when he comes back.

So colar bone, despite being a break is better than ligament/ tendon damage you'd get from a dislocation

If it was James Wallace it could've ended his career!

Back
Top Bottom